HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   vickie h update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41491)

Unregistered 10-19-2009 06:23 PM

vickie h update

Thank you for your support and prayers for my beautiful wife, Vickie. She has been suffering and not posting because she is worried about the others here. She is one of the most compassionate and unselfish people I have ever met.

Today she was at the hospital and Dr.'s office all day today receiving fluids as she has been very sick. They wanted to admit her, but she is fighting that and giving it her all to stay home. Tomorrow she sees a social worker and today there was talk of Hospice. I am overcome with grief at the thought of losing her. She has been my rock for 33 years, my philosopher for as long as I can remember, my best friend and advocate forever.

I don't know where to check on the TDm1 triAls, but if someone could dirrect me I will get her there somehow, anyhow. She is standing strong and holding onto her faith and hope and her humor. In the midst of all of this, she was more concerned about missing a meeting for the Homeless, which she is heavily involved in helping and raising awareness about.

Please pray for her tonight...she so loves you all, each and everyone of you who have been on this journey together all these years.

Vickie's loving Husband,
Cap

Laurel 10-19-2009 06:35 PM

Re: vickie h update

Cap,

It will be an honor to pray for your valiant, Vickie. I am so very sorry to hear she is suffering. I read her post to our dear Marie (Believe 51) earlier today and I knew she was facing her own trial.

I will pray you are able to find a way to a TDm1 trial and that Vickie has a restful night. I will also pray you have peace in this storm.

Carolyns 10-19-2009 06:51 PM

Dear Cap,

I am sorry to hear the news about Vickie. I will send extra prayers your way. Below is a link to clinicaltrials.gov. That is where the list all of the trials.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=T-DM1

Best wishes, Carolyn

Patty F 10-19-2009 07:06 PM

Cap
I am so sorry to hear about Vickie. She is on my prayer list.

Jackie07 10-19-2009 07:27 PM

Hi,

Please let Vickie know that we are praying for her.

Yorkiegirl 10-19-2009 07:31 PM

Cap I'm so sorry to read your post. Many, many prayers going out for Vickie. I pray that there is a treatment out there for her.

Sending lot's of love, prayers and many hug's.

Leslie's sister 10-19-2009 08:05 PM

I haven't been on the boards too much lately and just read some of Vickie's posts. She is a compassionate and caring person. That is very obvious in all of her posts. I will pray for her tonight and in the days ahead.

God Bless!

Lisa

caya 10-19-2009 08:06 PM

Hi Cap,

Sending lots of prayers and big hugs to Vickie from Canada.

all the best
caya

ElaineM 10-19-2009 08:20 PM

I am very sorry about Vickie. I will keep my fingers crossed for her. By the way, I posted some information you both might be interested in. Please go to Vickie H trailblazing to read it. Take care. Hugs to Vickie from Hawaii.

lexigirl 10-19-2009 08:42 PM

Dear Cap,

Thank you for coming here to let us know how Vickie is doing. I am sorry that she is not doing well. I am very hopeful that she will regain strength to continue tx. Please give her gentle hugs from all of us.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lex

Mary Anne in TX 10-20-2009 03:18 AM

Cap, thank you for taking time to let us know about Vickie. She is one very special human being! She has always seemed to glide through life on her faith and love. She has inspired me so many times and it hurts to know that she is in such a fierce battle.
I hope you get an answer about the TDM1 trials quickly.
Knowing how Vickie treasures her family, I know that you will stand strong by her now. Please, please let us know how things are and most of all let Vickie know that she is so loved and appreciated. It's not time to protect us, but to let us love and support her through this storm.
Love and prayers to each of you, ma

Mary Anne in TX 10-20-2009 03:56 AM

Cap, I checked my clinic's web site for clinical trials and found a good list. See if this will help.
Go to www.stoh.com
then to clinical trials
then to clinical trials database
then to breast cancer
Each trial gives the contact person and location.

Hope this can help find something quickly for Vickie.
ma

WomanofSteel 10-20-2009 08:14 AM

Prayers coming your way for Vickie. She is a caring person and I hope she is feeling better soon.

Shobha 10-20-2009 08:20 AM

Praying deeply for our dear Vickie. God bless her and guide her to the right combination of drugs to win this battle!

hugs,
shobha

Terri B 10-20-2009 08:34 AM

Cap,

I'm heart broken for you. I wish there was more to say. Tell Vicki that I'm praying for her.

From one Yankee fan to another.

Patb 10-20-2009 09:55 AM

Adding my prayers for Vickie. I love her spirit and
hope she finds a trial.
patb

Bill 10-20-2009 06:45 PM

I'm praying for you and Vickie, Cap. I hope she can get into a trial. Please tell her we said hello, and we are with her and you.

Faith in Him 10-20-2009 08:41 PM

Please let Vickie we love her and that we are praying for her. She is a wonderful person. Her spirit is just beautiful.

Tonya

Jean 10-20-2009 09:26 PM

Dear Vickie and Cap,
My prayers will be said for both of you.

Jean

SoCalGal 10-20-2009 09:56 PM

Cap,
Please tell Vickie I send her my love and prayers for healing. Flori