HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sad news about Lisa (CLISA) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25109)

sherri 08-23-2006 04:28 PM

Sad news about Lisa (CLISA)

I sent this to Joe in July but I think it was lost during that period our site had problems.

I received this e-mail form her husband John. You have seen her posts under CLISA. She was so young and full of life. It's so sad and heart breaking:

"I am not sure if you know or not but Lisa passed away on July 6th. She was at home and comfortable. No pain. Her family and close friends were by her side. I am thankful that she met you and took your advice on seeing Dr. Klimo. We had 6 more months together and Lisa was able to do some traveling that she wanted to do. I am sure that she has told you all about these ventures. The most recent was a week before she died, she went to Kelowna with her girlfriends. She had a blast. I love her lots and I am sure glad that I met you at the chemo sessions. Take care and keep in touch. I will check in on this message board from time to time. Most of all… Thank you…."
http://www.legacy.com/can-vancouver/...sonID=18378475
PS – attached is the webpage that Lisa’s Obituary is on and a pic of the obit that was in the paper.[/left]

dee 08-23-2006 05:43 PM

Thank you

for making sure we did not lose sight of this story amidst all the others - Clisa, and family are now on my prayer list.
dee

Cathya 08-23-2006 05:49 PM

I am so sorry to hear of Lisa's passing. I remember her postings well and she is a loss to us here. Each loss to our site is another reason to keep fighting and informing each other of any and all knowledge we might have of this awful, pitiless disease. God bless to you and Lisa's family.

Cathy

tricia keegan 08-23-2006 05:49 PM

Thank you.I also will be praying for Lisa and her family.I am just so pleased to hear she travelled and put a lot into her last year.My sincere sympathy to all that knew her.

Tricia

sherri 08-23-2006 06:11 PM

Lisa's family and close friends are heading to Hawaii on the 16th (September) to put Lisa's remains to rest (her request). She loved Hawaii and she wanted to be there forever. I'm sure she is there waiting for them.
Yes we need to fight and find a cure for all the Lisas in the world.

Love and hugs,

RhondaH 08-23-2006 06:57 PM

This is SOOOO sad

my thought and prayers are with her and her family. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

lexigirl 08-23-2006 09:25 PM

I am so sorry that bc has claimed another sister. I feel for her family and friends. There must be a cure found soon....

Love and Prayers,
Lexi

rinaina 08-23-2006 09:49 PM

very upsetting

I didn't know Lisa but her death is yet another reminder of just how horrible this disease is and how important it is to find more answers so we can get to a cure. My deepest sympathy to the family and friends of Lisa.

StephN 08-24-2006 12:26 PM

Sad news, but serves as a reminder as to how harsh this disease we share can be. Some of us are not as lucky with successful treatment and it takes its toll.
I think we all are here on this board to take the full measure of what this disease means.
Happily for most we are able to fend it off for a long time, but we will share cyberhugs and tears for those who succumb.

Rest in sunny loving peace, Lisa.

mamacze 08-24-2006 08:03 PM

How fortunate we all were to share a bit of Lisa's spirit. I remember Lisa for her upbeat positive spirit and her fighting attitude. She was a bare souled and a strong inspiration for us all. Thank you for your gift Lisa, and Godspeed.

Love Kim from CT

Bev 08-24-2006 08:24 PM

My sympathies as well. Bev

sarah 08-25-2006 04:42 AM

Very sad news. My heart goes out to her family.
love and big hug
sarah

tammymarie1971 08-25-2006 06:29 AM

Thank you Shoreh for letting us know about Lisa, my deepest sympathies for her family.
CRAP!!! WE NEED A CURE!!!!!
Tammy

al from Canada 08-25-2006 07:59 AM

....another one..........my heart goes out to Lisa's family and friends, as they may suffer more than Lisa did.

Al

Barbara H. 08-25-2006 09:37 AM

My Sympathies to her family and friends!!!
Barbara H.