HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ugh, Aflac Insurance woman brings tears. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57546)

linn65 03-12-2013 07:11 AM

Ugh, Aflac Insurance woman brings tears.

Okay, Monday after a rough weekend of emotion, I pulled it together and had a good day.

Today is Tuesday, and I have been at my job for 16 years and the Aflac woman comes in every year to ask if anyone wants cancer, heart, accident or hospitalization insurance. EVERY year I declined it because NEVER did I think I would need it.

Anyway, I went ahead and signed up for the Heart insurance because I never thought I would get breast cancer, so I want to be proactive in case of heart trouble. If I would have had the Cancer policy it would have been HUGE for me financially and eliminated a worry.

But when going through all the questions and signing up for the heart part of insurance I can feel the emotion just well up inside, and I try to breathe and be okay. When really I want to cry, and I want to cry hard.

I don't know if its because I have herceptin tomorrow or what. It just seems like one of those days I could sit at my desk and cry all day. I HATE THIS!! I hate what cancer has done to me. This emotion feels like when you are really in love with someone and you break up. Your heart aches, and you cry, wonder if you will ever get over them.

Praying for this to pass.....

lkc Gumby 03-12-2013 10:25 AM

Re: Ugh, Aflac Insurance woman brings tears.

Hi There I am sorry you are having a rough time. I did too. But I want you to know these feelings are normal. We have all been there. second guessing decisions, and worrying about what ifs, and what will happen. I used to call it going to the " dark side".
It's all part of the BC crap.
However, if you are losing sleep, not eating properly, and not functioning MOST of the time, you probably need to get on some short term meds. ( It helped me)

Either way I promise you bit by bit, you will get you life back and this will be a memory.

Take Care and God Bless.

NanaJoni 03-12-2013 10:30 AM

Linn- it really is a grieving process. You have lost the person you were before bc and cancer takes so many things away from you. As hard as it is, it's normal and really does get better with time. Easy words to say but hard to live. Thinking about you and hoping it gets better.

'lizbeth 03-12-2013 04:00 PM

Linn65,

I was at a new job for less than 3 months when I got diagnosed. I didn't qualify for obtaining disability insurance until I'd been at the company longer. Good plan on the heart insurance. I didn't realize they had that.

Since we don't have AFLAC maybe we could try Positive Affirmations and attract some dinero from the universe.

Here are your positive affirmations to help you attract money into your life.
Harness the power of the law of attraction to become someone who effortlessly attracts money, financial opportunities, and economic luck. Our positive affirmations will help you erase any negative beliefs you have about money. The most important thing for attracting positive things into your life is having a positive mindset, and attracting money is no different.
Use these affirmations regularly to take control of your finances and your life – The law of attraction really works! If you believe deeply and are willing to put the effort in to reprogramming your mind, you will attract more money than you can imagine is possible.
Money, success, financial health – all these things can be manifested by believing in and using the law of attraction – go ahead, try these positive affirmations and see for yourself http://www.freeaffirmations.org/wp-i...icon_smile.gif
Present Tense Affirmations
I am wealthy
I always have money I attract financial abundance My mind is finely tuned for attracting massive wealth I always think positively about money I have many financial opportunities I always find a way to make a large profit I am rich and prosperous My life is full of abundance I am focused on achieving wealth
Future Tense Affirmations
I am becoming wealthier
My bank account is always growing Money will be flowing into my life I am finding it easier to attract money Financial opportunities are coming my way I will be financially successful I will attract wealth into my life Positive thinking is beginning to attract money into my life I am becoming rich My positive attitude is beginning to attract large sums of money
Natural Affirmations
Attracting money is easy
I effortlessly attract abundance I deserve to be wealthy My bank account never seems to stop growing I am highly focused on achieving financial success I fully believe in my ability to attract money I have a money mindset Money just always seems to come my way I naturally attract money and material abundance I am like a magnet to money

starwishn2 03-12-2013 11:01 PM

I know how you're feeling. I have been so emotional for so long - I actually think I've been depressed. How could we not?

I have discovered recently that my emotions have become less easily triggered as time and treatments go by. I figure I have about 8 or 9 more Herceptin treatments left. My hair is coming back and I'm starting to feel more like myself. My point is - as much as I never thought it would happen - things are getting better.

As a side note, don't feel too bad about not getting AFLAC. They have not paid a penny on my policy. I have been "fighting" with them since last August.

Hang in there!!
Jeri

Jackie07 03-13-2013 02:00 AM

Get yourself an attorney (check with your local 'legal Aid' for a free consult with a lawyer)

Contact the office of your representatives, Congressmen and Senators. They have staff handling this type of requests. Even if you don't have a case, they might know other resources that can help you.

Unless it's a non-profit, insurance companies will try everything to avoid paying out claims.

Before my 1990 brain (tumor)surgery, I couldn't get past the receptionist on the other side of the phone to talk to anyone in my insurance company about making a special contract (to have my surgery done locally in a hospital that was not a member of the HMO network covered by the insurance company). Finally, my boss located the vice president who was in charge of 'sprcial contracts' and hinted that my doctors were mentioning about lawsuit. (Actually my boss was the one who'd found me a lawyer and videotaped my testimony just in case ...)

When the roof of our house was leaking (directly above our bed!) after a storm, our local insurance agent told us we would get half the roof repaired after an adjustor had checked it out. My husband went to the agent's office and chewed him out! We'd been paying premiums for almost 20 years for the house besides several other policies with the company. The agent sent another adjustor to check the roof again and we were 'granted' a new roof after paying the deductable.

Never, never, never give up ...

Jean 03-16-2013 01:00 PM

Lynn,
Of course you feel like crying - we have all been there, done that and did not win the T shirt. It's perfectly normal.
This is still all new for you. There are many levels to this journey of breast cancer. Besides coping emotionally there is the real hard facts of medical bills.

Have got to love that Jackie, she is a real spit fire with facts, numbers, etc. Love her story about the roof.
It is so true, "never give up" push back harder and get
someone who gave offer advise for the results you need.

If the depression continues ask the dr. for medication to help you to get past this rough time.

Please know that many of us are here for you and we have all been there ourselves. I promise it does get better - but that means time. Time to adjust, time to learn the best way that works for you to cope. As you move forward and treatment is behind you will begin to feel stronger.

Sending you a huge hug.
Jean

Mary Jo 03-17-2013 02:33 PM

I cried and cried and cried. I remember saying to my husband after 2 weeks of crying...."will I ever stop crying? Will I ever be happy again?" I am a 7 year survivor. I have stopped crying and am happier than ever before. Hang in there. You are normal and this is all huge EMOTIONALLY and every other way. God Bless you sweet lady....with His peace.