HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   News story. Must have been a slow news day...lol...just kidding (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45076)

mmoons 05-08-2010 06:56 AM

News story. Must have been a slow news day...lol...just kidding

Hi all-

I wanted to share the news story about me that was on our local NBC affiliate, WDIV Channel 4 last night: http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/23491496/index.html

It feels kinda narcissistic sharing this but I wanted you to see it.

They filmed for an hour…and 56 minutes ended on the copy room floor. My son Oscar kept picking his nose. LOL

The hook of the story was supposed to be about “how I am helping other moms (and dads and sisters and brothers)” and about representing HER2Support.org on my trip to Washington DC next week for the Department of Defense Congressional Review Board on breast cancer…but they never mentioned it. They also never put my blog link out there. Oh well...it is a video I will cherish and the people that came to film us were so kind.

My very best to you all! You are all always in my thoughts and prayers.

p.s. They also didn’t show when I thanked you all…my army of supporters. So let me now thank you again…so very much! I couldn’t have gotten this far without you!

bejuce 05-08-2010 09:38 AM

Re: News story. Must have been a slow news day...lol...just kidding

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! I'm in tears right now. Happy Mother's Day to you and all moms and grandmas affected by Breast Cancer. May we see the end of this disease soon!

Thanks for posting the link and good luck with your fundraiser!!!

Becky 05-08-2010 09:46 AM

How wonderful Maureen. Happy Mother's Day

ammebarb 05-08-2010 11:16 AM

Oh Maureen, the video was incredible! I've followed your blog for a long time now, and am always wishing you well. Thank you so much for allowing us to see it. Your children are beautiful, and you look terrific. Happy Mothers' Day!

Barb A.

Cal-Gal 05-08-2010 12:22 PM

FABULOUS MAUREEN!!!! such beautiful children you have--

Patb 05-08-2010 02:46 PM

You go girl, happy Mothers Day and good luck with
your walk. Great video.
pab

krisvell 05-08-2010 04:07 PM

Maureen,
What a beautiful story. Happy Mothers day and many, many, many, many, many.................................more....
Kris....

DonnaD 05-09-2010 07:00 AM

Maureen,
Thank you for sharing the link. They may not have gotten everything you wanted but it is wonderful. And yes I had tears and goose bumps.

Your sisters are so proud of you and all you are doing to find a cure. Good luck in DC.

Love your curls!
Donna

Paty 05-09-2010 05:36 PM

Maureen,

Great video and great message. We are so proud of you, you have such a great hear. Good luck in DC and Happy MotherĀ“s Day!!!

Jean 05-09-2010 05:59 PM

Marueen,
Your story is so moving and beautiful like you and your children. I am always amazed at how such an ugly disease like breast cancer - brings out such beauty in people. You are amazing!

Jean

Laurel 05-10-2010 07:05 PM

Maureen,

Loved it! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!!!!!!

NanceD 05-10-2010 07:57 PM

Maureen,
Happy last day of chemo!! Thank you so much for sharing your video. Yours is an incredible story. Your children are so lucky to have such a caring mom with an indomitable spirit!
Nance

Ceesun 05-10-2010 09:34 PM

Maureen, What a wonderful story and great service you give to others....wish you the best! Hey, I am a local Dearborn gal, don't know how I missed this terrific news report!! Ceesun

Carolyns 05-11-2010 04:12 PM

Hi Maureen,

That is such a beautiful story... and you and your children are also so beautiful. It seems like you squeezed a great deal of information into a short time and you hit so many great points.

Thank you for sharing!

Carolyn

Sandra in GA 05-11-2010 05:38 PM

Thank you for sharing this heart touching story. You will indeed be a fantastic representative for the rest of us when you serve on the panel. Good luck to you!

Thanks,
Sandra

Leslie304 05-12-2010 09:01 AM

"Inspirational" can be an overused word and the true meaning can get watered down, but INSPIRATIONAL truly applies to you! Thank you so much for all you do for the fight FOR ALL OF US!!! You have a beautiful family.

Sheila 05-13-2010 06:05 AM

What a tribute to you and your family! You are a role model for young Moms faced with this obstacle called cancer....this story brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart!