HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I love being unique... Usually :-) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58427)

Pamelamary 07-02-2013 12:46 AM

Re: I love being unique... Usually :-)

Not exactly the news we wanted to hear, Amanda. Those pesky nodes and nodules have to learn to behave! Mixed results are hard, but I am glad you are still feeling well. We will all be waiting to hear what your oncologist says on Tuesday.
Best wishes..... Pam

Bunty 07-02-2013 06:17 AM

Hi Amanda, I reckon go with your gut feeling and give a couple more cycles a go, and of course your regular onc may well have more information for you. I can't imagine how hard this must be on your hubby, and you too of course. It's the uncertainty that just doesn't help. I note your reference in your last paragraph to something or nothing telling us things - I recall another very strong woman in Australia this past week saying something similar.....
Thinking of you my friend,
Marie

StephN 07-02-2013 11:46 AM

Mixed bag results are always a puzzler. With the drop in tumor marker, you may have some scar or necrotic tissue in the scan. This is often the case.

What kind of scan? PET or CT? I missed that.

All the best for some better, less puzzling results on the next scan. It is hard for busy moms to get the rest they need that allows their body to recoup from the treatments, so hopefully you are getting some good deep sleep at night.

NEDenise 07-02-2013 02:12 PM

Amanda,
I'm with you...the news could have been much worse...
But criminy! Aren't you due for some "best news anyone's ever had"!?! Where is the justice in this world?! I will definitely be expressing my displeasure when God and I discuss this!

I have to say though, I'm impressed with your 'I can do this' attitude! Of course, you have extraordinarily good reasons to fight like hell and beat this...again...your wonderful hubby and beautiful kids! But still...kudos for not letting disappointing news drag you down.

And, if my opinion matters at all...if it doesn't, don't tell me...I'll be crushed :) ...anyway, if my opinion matters:

a) I wish you lived in the US too! But I just want you closer! Then I might actually get to hug you in person someday!

b) I really, truly believe that you and your treatment team will find the combo that kills those pesky new tumors too!

Stay strong! Keep believing in the cure...because it's out there!
Sending love and prayers...
Denise

norkdo 07-02-2013 04:58 PM

Amanda, I've been following your posts and updates and I, too, had FEC and taxane (three of each). My prayers are going FedEx to Australia!! I wish you shrinkage and pray for good news on your next posts.
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxox
nora

LeahM 07-03-2013 05:35 AM

"pesky nodes and nodules be gone" is my new mantra. I have no doubt you and your team will figure out the best course of treatment for you.
All The Best.
Leah

dawny 07-04-2013 12:17 AM

Yes, be gone!

Dawn. Xx

KsGal 07-04-2013 02:45 AM

Im sorry you didnt get the results you were hoping for. ((hugs)) I think you should always follow your gut instinct. You know your body better than anyone else, and if you are feeling better overall that is a good sign. Im sure sending you lots of prayers.

Mandamoo 07-10-2013 07:56 PM

So the plan so far is keep going with what I am doing - It seems about 70% of the disease is responding so we will keep going. My Onc is still consulting with others but we are considering adding Avastin to the current triplet.
Next week is a week off - woohoo! I am still feeling pretty good.

Pamelamary 07-11-2013 12:07 AM

Glad you are feeling well, Amanda. At least there has been some good response; perhaps the remainder is slow to learn? Enjoy next week and let us know about the Avastin.
Best wishes..... Pam

Bunty 07-11-2013 01:11 AM

Also glad to hear you are feeling well Amanda.... Let's hope that 70% moves up to 100% real soon with Avastin added into the cocktail. Enjoy your week off!
Cheers Marie

NEDenise 07-11-2013 09:38 AM

Amanda,
I just finished a course of Avastin. It didn't have any side effects at all for me. And it seemed to do what it was supposed to do.
I hope the new cocktail is easy on YOU but reeeeaaaally hard on those mets!
Always praying for you!
Denise