HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~March 19th~Sixteen Years From The Day I Met Mighty Oak (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38490)

Believe51 03-18-2009 11:03 AM

~March 19th~Sixteen Years From The Day I Met Mighty Oak

Tomorrow will be sixteen years from the first date. Ed and I were a blind date, my first and only blind date. Just to think I was not going to go on it!! By the end of the night and after hearing his laughter, something inside of me knew we would fall in love and that it would be for a lifetime. I knew that I could spend the rest of my life with him, I knew I could listen to that laugh forever.

I did not think we would be celebrating this Anniversary. Just another milestone we have accomplished together after cancer came to town. I am so happy and honored to be his wife and best friend. There is no other place I would rather be and if that means having to deal with cancer than so be it.

We are meant to be together and the test of time has proven that. We are better, stronger and wiser than we have ever been. God made him just for me and not a day goes by that I do not think this thought.

It is important for me to share this with my favorite people. You have given us the quality of life that we need to make this life complete. If it was not for you 'saving our lives' in a sense, I am sure things would not be the quality our life is.

Thank you for being here for us through all the good and bad. You have helped us to make our lives better than ever!!>>Believe1

RobinP 03-18-2009 12:38 PM

Wow, what a true love story. Happy sweet 16 anniversary to a great and precious couple. May God bless you richly now and eternally.

WomanofSteel 03-18-2009 01:16 PM

You are a very lucky woman Marie. The only blind date I ever had stood me up. LOL! You and Ed are an amazing couple and a tower of strength. We are just as grateful to have you as part of our group. Many more happy years to both of you!

Shobha 03-18-2009 01:20 PM

Marie and Ed,

Congratulations on the 16th anniversary! May god bless you with many many more. You both are truly fortunate to have found your soul mates in each other...

chrisy 03-18-2009 03:03 PM

Marie,
it's something very special to have, and to KNOW you have found your soul mate. You are both very very blessed.

And so are we, for knowing you.

NanaKaren 03-18-2009 03:07 PM

Oh Marie,
Reading your lovely story reminds me of my true love also. We also met on a blind date. I don't think there are that many of us that can claim that. My darling hubby and I will be married 33 years on April 24th.
You and Ed are a very special couple and deserve all the happiness you can stand. Congratulations!!!

ElaineM 03-18-2009 04:22 PM

`March 19thSixteen Years From The Day I Met Mighty Oak

What a beautiful love story !! Thank you for sharing it.
I hope there are some other nice guys like your love for us single gals.

naturaleigh 03-19-2009 06:08 AM

Happy 16th Anniversary!!! Sounds like to both of you are very lucky people!

Not only are the two of you lucky but so is everyone in this group to have the honor to get to share in your joys and sorrows. I only wish we were all brought together in better circumstances, but as the saying goes, "there is ALWAYS something good in every bad.

I hope today is filled with much laughter and joy as you celebrate each other.

TSund 03-19-2009 11:40 AM

Happy Anniversary Marie! Ruth and I just celebrated five years since our marriage and 8 years since first meeting (March 16 - and pure coincidence that it was the same date!)

Wishing you and Ed all the best..

Terri

Joan M 03-22-2009 05:27 AM

Marie,

Every milestone counts. You and Ed were made for each other.

Joan

Kim in DC 03-22-2009 05:51 PM

Marie, your trying to make me cry aren't you? You to were meant for each other!

Jackie07 03-22-2009 09:51 PM

Congratulations on your 'sweet 16th'.

My In-law's met each other in a blind date and shared 50+ good years together. My two sisters both married their blind date and have had very good marriages.

By the way, my 2nd sisters birthday is March 19th. My parents named her 'Spring'. So the barber used to jokingly calling the brother next to her 'Summer'.

atdec05 03-23-2009 07:17 AM

Congratulations to you and Ed on your 16th anniversary! I just assumed from the way you wrote about yourselves that you had been together for at least 25 years. Clearly you two were meant for each other.

Here's to the next 16!

take care,

Believe51 03-23-2009 01:39 PM

Hahaha, sometimes it feels like 25, Atdec05!!

Thanks for the well-wishing, our day was simply glorious. We spent the entire day reminising about the sweet memories we call our 'Fairy Tale' marriage. Life with Ed has been the best life possible. Not for one moment do I ever regret my decision to marry him. We are quite the team as you can imagine.

Ed gave me a card and chocolate Cadbury Eggs, the ones in the purple bag....Mmmm! We laughed, we cried, we talked about all the silly memories. This is important to me now more than ever. Even though we have always been the 'remembering the good ole days' couple, it is vital to keep the brain A-okay. If anything should ever happen to the brain I need to feel that he would still atleast remember some things that reigned important at one time.

Thanks for sharing another milestone with us. I never thought we would have this time together. Never do I take this for granted. Another blessing, another year, another growth ring for the Mighty Oak. Thank you again for sharing our lives with us. We love you.>>Believe51

juanita 03-23-2009 04:10 PM

that is so sweet! congratulations on 16 wonderful years!

vickie h 03-23-2009 08:03 PM

Hmmmmm....Sixteen years!

Sixteen years with more to come
hand in hand, a march to the drum
beat of a couple with so much heart
whose love cannot be torn apart
Strong in drive and sure of foot
before God their faith they put
and come out shining in the end
a monument to us, their friends!

Loving you always, vickie