HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   EmelieB - Is now an Angel (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56575)

Lori R 11-17-2012 07:32 AM

EmelieB - Is now an Angel

Dear Her2 family,

It is with a peaceful heart that I am posting of Emelie's recent passing. Emelie passed away painlessly on Thursday morning at Denver Hospice with her loving husband Oleh and beautiful daughter Heleana at her side.

Emelie was at home on Saturday where we enjoyed a brief visit, chatting about the latest adventures of her daughter Kathrine who lives in Paris, her funny little pumpkin of a grandaughter. What a precious, precious vist. Bright eyed, witty as ever.

As many of you know, Emelie's approach to her passing was on her own terms. She certainly is an inspiration for choices. Emelie used her time to organize the house, create memories by visiting each of her children, having the courage to say goodbye to them. Planned for her death head on.

My dear friend and mentor, I will forever miss:

* Your intelligence and clarify to immediately assess a situation.

* Funny wit to find and communicate your thoughts. Always so insightful.

* Your AMAZING creativity

* Your beatuiful garden that you designed, created and generously shared with me.

*Enjoying the latest, hippest drink in your cleverly designed home that felt like you had entered a magazine.

*Relating stories of our children and their adventures.

You are loved and will be missed each and every day!!!

I KNOW that we will be together again.

Love and peace to your family......Lori

Jeanette 11-17-2012 07:46 AM

Re: EmelieB - Is now an Angel

How very sad. She was a very couragious lady. Rest in Paece dear Emelie, jeanette

KDR 11-17-2012 08:29 AM

Emelie,
You were one courageous lady. May you reign among the best in your new land.
Karen

KristinSchwick 11-17-2012 09:21 AM

Thank you for posting this- Very sorry to hear we lost another sister. At least she "lived" these last few months and was able to do some traveling.

Mary Anne in TX 11-17-2012 02:53 PM

I will be forever grateful to Emilie for sharing this last part of her earthly journey with us. The love of her family and the peace she carried through her days blessed me so. I will miss her terribly.

europa 11-17-2012 02:55 PM

So sad. My prayers are with her family.

tricia keegan 11-17-2012 03:17 PM

Sad Emelie lost this battle but pleased she did it on her terms and was at peace, fly with the angels Emelie! xx

Pamelamary 11-17-2012 03:34 PM

Very sad news, but a wonderful tribute from Lori. I feel privileged to have been given insight into her last months - the grace of her bravery!
Pam

CoolBreeze 11-17-2012 03:37 PM

My deepest sympathies to her family and all who loved her.

Debbie L. 11-17-2012 04:03 PM

Thank you, Lori, for this gentle update. I hope that you and all of Emelie's loved ones will accept my sincere condolences. It's an odd mix of feelings -- great sadness but also peace and even a strange joy.

We learned so much from Emelie on this list, don't you think? We always do learn from each other, but I am full of gratitude to Emelie for the special perspective she shared with us, in her gentle but oh-so-strong way.

Debbie Laxague

karen z 11-17-2012 04:34 PM

Yes, I think we learned a lot. I know I did.
Emelie was a very brave and remarkable woman. Lori, thanks for your beautiful tribute.

LoisLane 11-17-2012 07:58 PM

Oh dearest Emelie soar to the stars, we are so much better for having followed your
brave journey and showed us how to live. Blessings to Emelie's husband, children and
grandchildren.

Jean 11-17-2012 09:21 PM

Brave and amazing lady who will missed by many.

Bunty 11-17-2012 11:21 PM

Very sad, but from what I learned on these boards was that Emelie was a strong woman who chose her own way, and gave many of us much to think about. RIP Emelie....

Paty 11-17-2012 11:40 PM

Emily, I am so sorry to know that you are gone. You were so brave and strong!! God bless your family and all that were close to you.

Lien 11-18-2012 02:39 AM

My condolences to all who loved her. She was wise and I am so glad she was able to live the last part of her journey on earth the way she wanted to. When I read Lori's beautiful tribute, I felt peace.

Ellie F 11-18-2012 03:57 AM

Deepest sympathy to all her family and friends. She was a courageous and generous lady.

Lori, what a beautiful and sincere tribute to your friend. God bless you.

Ellie

Paula O 11-18-2012 05:46 AM

Thanks for letting us know, Lori. I'm so sorry to hear this news.

(((Hugs to all)))),

Paula

Mary Jo 11-18-2012 06:26 AM

Please accept my heartfelt condolences. Peace I pray for all.

Mary Jo

Pray 11-18-2012 06:40 AM

Grant peace unto Emelie oh Lord, and my perpetual light shine upon her. You are missed.