HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ixempra - Xeloda - Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33229)

tousled1 03-24-2008 09:18 PM

Ixempra - Xeloda - Tykerb

I saw my oncologist today and aftr a long disucssison we decided that Ixempra will be added to my Xeloda/Tykerb combo. Ixempra was tested in combination with Xeloda for breast cancer that did not respond to other therapies. I will receive the Ixempra every three weeks via infusion and my first infusion will be this Thursday. Anyone have any experience with Ixempra and what side effects I can expect? Also whether you had any success with the Ixempra.

Karen W 03-24-2008 09:29 PM

Kate,

I think lopsided has had success with Ixempra, so hopefully she will check in soon.

Praying for great success with this drug for you.

Karen

kareneg 03-24-2008 11:09 PM

Dear Kate,

I know that Shelia aka (LOPSIDED ) is on it at last she posted she was doing great! I pray this is the combo you need to get back on track my friend. I am always thinking of you.

IRENE FROM TAMPA 03-25-2008 04:47 AM

Hi Kate

I have had one cycle of Ixempra/Xeloda and will start my 2nd this Friday.
So far no side effects from the Ixempra. The Xeloda seems to be my biggest enemy as far as hand/feet burning/dryness. After the first cycle, my whites did drop some but not major. We will see what happens with the second round.

Why is your onc adding the Ixempra to the combo so quickly? I am just interested since I am constantly checking out my next options. I am always speaking of this board to my onc. and the experiences everyone goes through. He tells me that I find out info before he hears it - haha

Good luck Kate and please let me know how you feel with the (3)

tousled1 03-25-2008 08:26 AM

Irene,

The reason for adding the Ixempra to the mix so early on is that my lung mets seem to be running amuck! The pneumonia has complicated my lungs and my oncologist wants to treat me as aggressively as she can. I'm currently on oxygen which is putting a damper on my life style. I want to hit these mets with everything I can to try and get back to as normal as possible in as quick a time as possible. Also the Ixempra was initially tested in combination with Xeloda and had good results. My oncologist keeps up on a lot of the research that is/was done and I guess I just have complete confidence in her ability. She hasn't let me down yet. I was a bit hesitatant about adding the Ixempra but after talking to her I decided to go along with it. When we're dealing with this dreadful beast there is no telling what will/won't work so I guess I'm willing to take a chance and pray that throwing in the Ixempra will be just the combo I need.

lilyecuadorian 03-25-2008 09:18 AM

Kate
my oncologist wants to treat me as aggressively as she can.
I think that is the better attitude to fight ...(who give the first hard hit is who is winning the fight)
I'm currently on oxygen which is putting a damper on my life style.
yes a little sacrifice ...is worth it , for better or quality life later on
I want to hit these mets with everything I can to try and get back to as normal as
I think you are so so right on this ...real Alexander the great ,I mean "KATE THE GREAT"

the best luck to you and of course you are in my prayers young Lady ......

caya 03-25-2008 11:21 AM

Keep up the fight Kate - I hope the Ixempra is the magic bullet for you.

Lily is right - you are KATE THE GREAT!!!

all the best
caya

IRENE FROM TAMPA 03-25-2008 01:53 PM

Kate

I think that is great and I think the mix is a good one. Good for your onc to be on top of things

I wanted to check because I may have to do the same thing down the road and I like to know the mixes that are being used.

I know these drugs are all good one's and I know you will do well on them

StephN 03-25-2008 03:31 PM

Kate -
If you are like the other "Kates" I have known either in person or on the silver screen, you will win this fight one way or another.

Going with with a 3-pronged approach should tip the scales against the galloping lung mets and to your favor.
Here is the Ixempra web site:
http://www.ixempra.com/

Let us know how you feel after the infusion. Maybe like going to bed early, but that would not be unusual on a treatment day. Just relax and let the drugs do their work shutting down the cancer cells.

Julie2 03-25-2008 03:50 PM

Kate,

You are in my thoughts. Knockdown those mets.

Julie

tricia keegan 03-25-2008 03:53 PM

Kate I don't have any advice for you but wanted to wish you luck and hope this new regime is easy on you and does a great job! Keep fighting as you always do!

Bill 03-25-2008 05:09 PM

"Kate the Great", I like that, too. Katie, I know this drug combo. will work for you. Just make sure you get enough rest. Thoughts and prayers for you, sweetie, love, Bill

Becky 03-25-2008 05:37 PM

I am thinking about you alot. I saw Jean today and we talked about you and said that now that Spring is in the air, there will be fewer germs around. What we need for you is that you can stay on something long enough for it to start to work its magic. I think the warmer weather will do you alot of good. Love and hugs for a one-two punch.

Lolly 03-25-2008 05:39 PM

Kate, best wishes for this TRIPLE THREAT to do the job! I have heard good things about Ixempra from Lopsided and also reading online, so I'll be keeping positive thoughts for you!

<3 Lolly

Joan M 03-26-2008 07:22 PM

Kate, Here's to knocking out those mets. Best, Joan

hermiracles 03-28-2008 02:18 PM

Hey Kate! Hope this new combo is working wonders for you sis.http://her2support.org/vbulletin/ima...ons/icon10.gif
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Blessings
Hermiracles

tousled1 03-28-2008 03:51 PM

Had my first IXempra infusion yesterday and all went well. Feling pretty good today but a little tired (what else is new). We have now completed one complete Xeloda/Tykerb cycle and am starting cycle 2 today. I really think this treatment plan will work.

Bill 03-28-2008 08:34 PM

We all know it will work, Kate the Great! You just keep on rollin'! Thanks for keeping us posted. Love ya, Bill

Vanessa 03-30-2008 09:28 PM

I am hoping and praying that your new drug combination works. Best wishes!!!!!!

Bill 05-01-2008 09:54 PM

Bringing this back up to the top of the charts. This our Number One Warrior Queen, Kate the Great! Everyone, right now, needs to pray that she regains her strength so that she can resume her treatments. I give my prayers and strength to Kate!