HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Stage IV canserversary - 8 years (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55709)

chrisy 09-01-2012 09:10 PM

Stage IV canserversary - 8 years

Just realized, this isn't the first time our labor day weekend plans have been disrupted!

In 2004, our plans to spend Labor day weekend doing...nothing were blown up by the words "you have masses in your liver, and it is cancer". We ran away to the Eastern Sierra.

How ironic.

That weekend we hoped and prayed I would exceed the "average" of 18 months (that was before I realized the Herceptin effect and how "off" those stats were.)

We never dreamt that 8 years later, our plans to escape to the Eastern Sierra would be derailed by...anything

Hmmmm. Feeling very blessed. And still greedy for life.

JennyB 09-02-2012 01:30 AM

Re: Stage IV canserversary - 8 years

Congratulations on reaching 8 years stage 4 that is an amazing accomplishment I sincerely hope and pray for you to get to be greedy for a long time yet.

Jenny x

Paula O 09-02-2012 02:19 AM

Congrats on this wonderful, wonderful milestone! I'm raising my glass of Green Smoothie (yummers :) ) in honor of you, a woman of courage, a cancer warrior and a fighter. Here's to overcoming every challenge you face and hopes that next year you'll be celebrating your 9th cancerversary in a really fun, memorable way (where would you like to go next year?) and far from any need of hospital beds.

We're all rooting for ya, Chris! :)

Prayers going up for you,

Paula

NEDenise 09-02-2012 04:54 AM

8 years!!
I want to grow up to be just like you!!
Congratulations!!
:) Denise

Personally...I think your cancerversary is a GREAT way to celebrate a long weekend!

yanyan 09-02-2012 05:15 AM

Congratulations on your 8 year cancerversary chrisie! I also feel so blessed with the new drugs that keep our cancer at bay. Many people don't think 8 years is a big deal but to us everyday counts and it definitely buys us more time to try more new drugs! Life is good! ! Keepgoing sister!!

Pray 09-02-2012 06:52 AM

How wonderful for you and all of us!

Mary Anne in TX 09-02-2012 07:53 AM

Congratulations, Chris.

Andrea Barnett Budin 09-02-2012 10:37 AM

FANTASTIC!! Stage IV canserversary - 8 years

Hey Chrisy,

I'm Stage 4 and just celebrated my 13th canserversary. Follow me... That's a formal invite.

You hang tough, Lady! You are a true survivor with the mentality to keep on ticking...

http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gs...celeb-confettiCONGRATULATIONS, CHRISY! Next year will be better! I believe that. What a glorious Spirit you are! Love ya...! Keep smiling...
Andi

jml 09-03-2012 06:13 AM

Greedy for LIFE is a good thing!

Hang tight, Keep the Faith & we are all rooting for you to hit the double digits too.

Jml

tricia keegan 09-03-2012 01:32 PM

Your words are so inspiring Chrissy and sorry I'm late but huge congrats to you!!!!:)

Bunty 09-03-2012 05:21 PM

Congratulations Chrisy for a wonderful milestone, and for inspiring us all! Best wishes for the next 8 years, and the 8 years after that, and then 8 more years, and ......
xx

Sheila 09-03-2012 06:01 PM

Happy Cancerversary
And many many more,to you.....hoping they brought you a cake or something!!!

KayeR 09-03-2012 06:34 PM

That's what I'm talking about!! LOVE to read stuff like this......I just celebrated my 1st (at stage 4) so when I read about your 8th and Andi's 13th...well then......it helps me relax a little! :) Thanks for the boost - it might just carry me all week! :) And congratulations! :)

suzan w 09-03-2012 08:42 PM

well done, you!!!

chrislmelb 09-04-2012 07:10 AM

Yay for 8 years

caya 09-04-2012 09:43 AM

Big congrats Chrisy!!
Keep being greedy!

all the best
caya

karen z 09-04-2012 05:14 PM

Many congratulations.
kz

KDR 09-04-2012 06:33 PM

Hey, Chrisy, congratulations!!!! The next eight will fly by so don't miss a day!
Love Karen

Jean 09-10-2012 10:35 PM

Chrisy,
You are one Amazing Lady.
Congratulations...wishing you 8 x 8 x 8 x 8 more anniversaries!!!!

Hugs,
Jean

StephN 09-11-2012 11:35 AM

Those eight years sure flew by - as I know we connected probably on your first post here.

The times were not always easy, but you have not let the cancer have its way - you always bring out another big gun to aim and fire.

My Labor Day was also interrupted with a back, hip, leg problem and I joined you in the hospital just a little ways up the pacific coast! Vacation aborted ...

That open wound should be closing up as each day goes by. Healing hugs to you dear friend.