HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I will be busy tomorrow (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38982)

jones7676 04-19-2009 01:17 PM

I will be busy tomorrow

Thanks to several people this gal will be very busy on the phone tomorrow and hoping for some highly positive results. In fact, one clinical trial that is quite "cutting edge" is in Detroit MI and I actually have human resouces in that area that might be able to help me with picking the right motel or transporting me etc. if I have a possibility of qualifying.

I will keep you posted and thanks for the help!

caya 04-19-2009 04:45 PM

Good luck Barb!! Keep fighting the good fight.

all the best
caya

vickie h 04-19-2009 08:29 PM

Good Luck, Barb1 We'll be here praying for you. Love and hugs, Vickie

chrisy 04-19-2009 09:05 PM

Barb,
Good luck to you - I'm so in awe of your determination to get what you need. You're in my prayers tonight...
Chris

Believe51 04-19-2009 09:12 PM

Barb, I will be wishing for the same things for you tomorrow, Dear Friend. I want you to know that I will be anxiously awaiting the news too. Go get 'em girl, may all those dreams become a reality for you in the morning.>>Believe51

schoolteacher 04-20-2009 05:42 AM

Barb,

Your news sounds very good. Please let us know what happens today.

Amelia

Shobha 04-20-2009 09:12 AM

All the best, Barb. Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way for great results!

Believe51 04-20-2009 05:12 PM

How did you make out today? Wondering how far you got with things.>>Believe51

StephN 04-20-2009 07:09 PM

Dear Barb -
Big "hello" from the Denver cancer researchers' meeting.

I am wondering if the trial is is one I came across today. Genentech has a new trial with a drug named GDC-0941 - a dual PI3K/mTOR inhibitor.

It is in phase one and at three sites including Detroit.

Go for it. All the best.

WomanofSteel 04-21-2009 11:17 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed. Let us know how you make out.

Jackie07 04-21-2009 12:12 PM

Barb,

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you.

jones7676 04-21-2009 12:48 PM

Hi to everyone...waiting for lots of call backs etc. and I will attend the chemo this Thursday and go from there. One of the trials is that "different" type of radiology in Detroit where they (for lack of a better word) fry the tumors in your chest.

Lots of checking and work, but I'm betting I'm due for a scan and it may save me some steps as I pursue this. I will know a lot more Thursday I hope.

So, unless I say I am "gone" permanently somewhere, please keep the info coming if you hear about it.

So, thanks so much StephN, for remembering me!

Believe51 04-22-2009 10:24 AM

Hey Barb, happy to hear of all the progress you are making getting things in order. I hope that this gives you some piece of mind and Thursday brings you more hope than you can handle. Although we all have times of sadness and worry, isn't it a wonder how a bit of hope can refuel?? Hope should be a mandatory prescription! Lots of love to you, Sister. I know you will be busy tomorrow again and I shall anxiously await your update.>>Believe51

Jean 04-22-2009 10:48 AM

Hi Barb,
Best wishes being sent.
It is the brave people like you who help all others.

Kind Regards,
jean

schoolteacher 04-22-2009 12:27 PM

Barb,

Let us know how things are going. You sound very busy.

Amelia

Joan M 04-24-2009 08:59 PM

Barb,

Let's us know what you decide to do.

I'm sending positive vibes your way.

Joan

Believe51 04-25-2009 09:14 AM

Hey Barb, wondering what kind of headway you are making and I cannot wait to hear how happy you are with that headway too! Lots of love to you.>>Believe51

Believe51 05-04-2009 11:18 PM

Well hello Lovey, I am wondering how you are making out with the many assorted projects you have going on. Please update us when you get a moment to breathe. Until we speak again, continued prayers for your strength and well-being. Whatever your choices I will be in the back drop routing you on.>>Believe51

jones7676 05-05-2009 07:09 PM

A person from Detroit finally got a hold of me today. She told me some of the initial "criteria" and I am going to look at my notes to see what I see. I also have a scan coming up and they have requested one more.

It is a start, but I'm also looking for "back up" possibilities. I don't know how to explain it except I "feel" like the treatment I am getting is not working on the mets....so I think that I better have somewhere to go as an alternative.

Of course, perhaps this is the fact that I am coughing up a substance, I have been real prone to catching every bug that goes by and I just don't feel good. However, I never had mets like this before.

I am also quite depressed which is unusual for me. But perhaps it is just a reality check. It just has never been this hard for me. i just always felt like I needed to keep fighting. Somehow, I feel I'm being selfish this time, and I'm not sure "where" I should go.

Thanks for listening. I've even been afraid to post on here because I'm usually so positive and I really am full of fear.

Believe51 05-06-2009 09:04 PM

Barb, I know you are going through such a overwhelming time in your journey. Please know that we all face fear and depression during our cancer treatment, patient and caregiver. It is tough enough to be sick; then add in thoughts that rob you from sleep, mix in some worry and anxiety, blend some aches and pains and fold in the mets......well this is a recipe that provokes those feelings no matter how upbeat we normally are. I think that the times when we are fearful the most we should come here. You are not alone Darling and you never will be. I sometimes feel I will pop some balloons if I come here sad, sort of like what you feel. It provides us all with an chance to blow yours up, our only way to help support you besides enjoying your victories. We all need to know the good and bad things on this journey to help us on ours too. Please come to us when you are happy or sad, we are family and love you so.

As your friend, a sometimes sad and fearful one, I know that we are all somehow programmed to fight. Whether fighting cancer or other fights in life, it is how we roll. Although I am your friend and one who does not have cancer, I speak from the heart. I tell you to keep fighting but I can understand the thoughts of you not knowing where to go. These are not selfish feelings, Barb, this is your reality. Your post proves that you are not ready to 'go there' yet so I beg you to keep fighting, stay one step ahead and attack from all angles. More and more I have that conversation come up with Ed and sometimes after one I need to go into the other room. This is our reality but he is not ready to stop treatment. Please know this is not selfish act, this is about quality of life and an act that must be thought out well. You will know when it is time, if that time comes and for some it never does.

I sit here tonight and have no need to urge you to fight, your voice says you are ready to kick some cancer butt. If your gut feelings about not treating the mets as aggresively as you would like, keep searching for that answer. I send love to you, Barb, happy or sad I love you the same. You hang in there, stay strong in your mind, and breathe. We will see you through this all.>>Believe51

I am still out of work and offer you any research support that you want me to help with. I mean it!