HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   struggling along (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59634)

pibikay 12-01-2013 05:20 AM

struggling along

Hema is continuing her fight .She has got very thin and she rarely talks. Even the new 50 mg patch is not very effective. I interacted with the Onc and he said to change the patch very 60 Hrs instead of 72.I am feeling depressed and am wondering at my vutile actions.
Wishing all of you the best and praying for all of you

KsGal 12-01-2013 05:55 AM

Re: struggling along

Pibikay...((hugs)) You have worked so hard for so long now taking care of Hema. You must be exhausted. I hope you are remembering to take care of yourself too. I am praying for you for some peace and comfort and rest. I am also praying that Hema's pain is under control, and that she is resting comfortable.

Redwolf8812 12-01-2013 08:34 AM

Thanks for updating us - you are both on my mind and in my prayers.

- Penny

Paty 12-01-2013 11:14 AM

Dear Pibikay,

I can imagine the hard struggle you are going through and Hema. I do not blame you when you say that you feel depressed. Hema and you are very stong. You have to take care of you too because you have a lot on your shoulders right now. I am praying for you Hema and your family. God bless you. Than you for taking the time to write and keep in touch.

Becky 12-01-2013 01:39 PM

I am sure you are also exhausted. Is there someone who can come and help you for a few hours - a good friend who can sit with Hema so you can go out and have a restaurant meal and a nice coffee and just relax. Just for an hour or two - perhaps during a time when Hema sleeps so your friend and neighbor doesn't have to do much but just be there.

I am thinking about you and Hema. You are an angel and a very strong person.

sassy 12-01-2013 03:49 PM

Pibikay,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Hema. Prayers for comfort and peace. Please enlist the assistance of a friend so that you may have a small respite.

Lien 12-01-2013 04:00 PM

Dear Pibikay

Thank you for your update. It must be so hard for you. Watching the woman you love suffer and feeling unable to ease her suffering. I am sure, though, that she would have a much harder time if you weren't there. Do not underestimate what difference your love and devotion are making every minute she is awake. The fact that you are there for her, helping her, talking to her, makes all the difference in the world.

I agree with the others that you need to take care of yourself. You cannot help her if you don't look after yourself. Take a break, ask for help, go for a walk. You need time to charge your battery so you can be there for her.

What you are doing is not futile. It is helping her to make her transition with much less fear and suffering. I can only hope that when my time comes, someone will do for me what you have been doing and are doing for Hema.

Love

Jacqueline

Bunty 12-01-2013 04:25 PM

Pibikay, you are a wonderful husband, and it's very understandable that you are feeling exhausted. Remember you have a place here on this forum to come and let us know how you and Hema are doing - any time.
Marie

Debbie L. 12-01-2013 08:35 PM

Pibikay, I cannot say it better than Jacqueline said it (copy/pasted below). But I wanted you to know that I think of you often, look for your updates, and send love, sympathy, and lots of good thoughts.

"What you are doing is not futile. It is helping her to make her transition with much less fear and suffering. I can only hope that when my time comes, someone will do for me what you have been doing and are doing for Hema."

Debbie Laxague

Paula O 12-02-2013 05:42 AM

"What you are doing is not futile. It is helping her to make her transition with much less fear and suffering. I can only hope that when my time comes, someone will do for me what you have been doing and are doing for Hema."
--- Jacqueline

I love what Jacqueline and others have expressed, so true.
Lifting you and Henna in prayer,
Paula

KDR 12-02-2013 11:41 AM

Pibikay,
You have been a true warrior along with Hema!
I think of you often and send warm, loving vibes to the lady in the red sari!
Always,
Karen