HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ? Lung Mets (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37461)

koolmom 01-06-2009 02:14 PM

? Lung Mets

I could really use some encouragment from you girls. Just found out that I may have 2 lung mets. 1 6 mm and 1 7 mm. Want to know what you girls have been through, what you have tried and what worked for you. Feel desperate.

Thanks.

Koolmom (Pam)

Mary Anne in TX 01-06-2009 02:36 PM

Hey Pam!

It must be scary and a disappointment to hear this news, but you will hear from some real "masters" about lung mets. they will help to guide you through your choices and decisions. I can only send my love and prayers and most of all my belief that all will be well and that treatment will kick those crumby mets out of there! Lots of love, ma

Believe51 01-06-2009 02:56 PM

Pam

Add me to the list of prayers that you are in need of. Also, try to stay well through the winter months and away from sick people. Staying healthy while combatting these nasty lung mets helps in conquering them. This is really important Pam.

I am praying that you have no complications because I have no questions you can handle the rest. Wish I could take away that desperate feeling you have. All I can do is pray for your well-being and lack of complications, I have faith the rest will work out.

If you search this site for lung mets here you will hear from some of our Warriors and I am hoping to add you in the future. Please keep us updated Pam.

Prayers, love and cyberhugs>>Believe51

Sherryg683 01-06-2009 04:46 PM

I was diagnosed 3 years ago with 2 small lung mets, much like yours. I was stage IV from the get go. I was put on taxotere, xeloda and Herceptin..scans were done 6 weeks into treatment and there was no sign of the mets. I have been NED ever since, I did Herceptin every week for the first 2 years and switched to every 3 weeks indefinately. I am now doing scans every 6 months, in fact I go in for my scans tomorrow.I always get panicky before my scans. I know how frightened you are, when I got my results, I figured I was pretty much a goner and soon. But here I am 3 years later, feeling great. Please keep me posted in how you are doing, you are in my prayers..sherryg683

Faith in Him 01-06-2009 06:19 PM

I am sorry that you are dealing with this. Please know that I am covering you in prayer. I think I remember a few of our warriors have had success against lung mets with Navelbine.

Things will look better once you have a plan in place.

Tonya

madubois63 01-06-2009 07:29 PM

Pam - The medical field is starting to look at bc as a chronic disease (along the lines of diabetes). You do treatments until you are NED (no evidence of disease) or until the treatment stops working. Then you go on to the next treatment. That is what many of us have been doing. After 3 months of treatment, the mets to the lung were gone (took the liver a little longer). 2 years later, the mets came back to my lung, but they are small. I am being treated with Herceptin and responding very well. Almost gone!! Believe me, I do know how you feel (as do many others). Try to pick yourself up as soon as possible and don't dwell. Do what you have to do to fight this so that you can be NED again. Do not put your life on hold just because of this setback. Try to laugh as much as possible and spoil yourself too. Smell the flowers in the grocery store, play in the snow, get a manicure, eat chocolate chip cookies...what ever it takes.

vickie h 01-06-2009 08:11 PM

Pam. I know how you feel. I am praying for you and sending you much love and (I hope) encouragement. I went to a chemo appt today and have mets in my lymph nodes, large ones under my left arm and across my twice radiated chest. I go for a PET/CT next week and then on to a new treatment. The good news is, I have been doing this for 5 years (4 years longer than they thought I would be alive) and there are still many options available. Breast cancer is being treated as a chronic disease, much like rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and other auto-immune diseases. Please hang in there and try not to be frightened too much, cry as much as you need to, and know that all of us here love you and support you. There is treatment out there for those mets, many have been right where you are, and they are here to tell their stories. We love you very much and thousands of prayers are being said in your name. Let us know how you are.....we're not leaving you. Much love, Vickie

SoCalGal 01-06-2009 08:15 PM

"maybe not?"

Hi Pam-
I like the word "may" have. When do you find out? I also had mets to lungs - sprinkled throughout - like fairy dust but not. Anyhow - not visible and no activity on my last pet/ct!

Hope that bit of info helps and keep us updated.
xo Flori

Yorkiegirl 01-06-2009 08:29 PM

Pam sending many prayers out for you.

koolmom 01-06-2009 09:53 PM

Keep the good news coming

Couldn't wait to get home to see if I had had any encouraging messages and of course I did. Thanks you guys.
'
I have an appointment Thursday to go over results. I'll know more then. Currently on Navelbine and Herceptin. I see people had a good result with Herceptin, but every time I take it my ejection fraction drops low. I was on it 2 months and they took me off for 1 month then another Muga.

It is just getting the initial news and not knowing the plan. Hopefully when I get a plan I will feel better. Thank you girls!

SoCalGal 01-07-2009 12:20 AM

What about some co-Q 10? It aids in heart health and protection. And the omega's. Just a thought. Hang in there. Flori

ElaineM 01-07-2009 09:31 PM

Lung Mets

Keep on fighting and putting one foot in front of the other. You can do it !!

Believe51 01-08-2009 10:04 AM

It is Thursday Baby Girl. Sending prayers and positive healing thoughts your way. All day and every day. Cannot wait to get the news update. Sending you gynormous huggies too!! Talk to you when you find out the news.>>Believe51

Mary Anne in TX 01-08-2009 12:09 PM

Take the CO-Q 10! I don't know, of course, but I do believe that is why mine stayed high! ma

koolmom 01-09-2009 06:51 AM

Mary Anne
Where do I get CO-Q 10?

koolmom 01-09-2009 06:57 AM

Update

Okay - Saw the doctor yesterday. She still did not say 100% these were lung mets (however, the report did say suspicious for metastatic disease). They are too tiny to even be seen on a PET. She is keeping me on the Navelbine and hopefully adding back the Herceptin after my MUGA next week. My tumor markers have dropped from 35 to 23 (not sure whether to have much faith in tumor markers). I know they are tiny, but in my heart and mind I feel like they weigh as much as a softball.

If I can continue on the Herceptin, I am supposed to start a trial study at UNC Chapel Hill for the bc injections. It some sort of stem cell research and it takes your own white blood cells, boosts them up to super fighting white blood cells and then gives them back to you. You have to be on Navelbine and Herceptin, however, for this study.

You women are such an inspiration.

Off the subject of cancer, how can I get my picture under my name and how can I get my bio under my signature?

schoolteacher 01-09-2009 08:54 AM

I hope you can continue on the Herceptin. This sounds like an interesting study.

Amelia

Midwest Alice 01-09-2009 04:23 PM

Hi Koolmom, I would like to know more about the study you are looking at at UNC Chapel Hill. Where can I go to find that information? Also wondering if you have to have a normal range MUGA report?

I can't remember how I got my picture on there, my daughter helped me. To put your bio on go to "user CP" on the left look for "edit signature", then at the bottom there will be a boxthat looks like this quick reply box. Type in your bio then go below that and hit "save changes".

Mary Anne in TX 01-09-2009 05:00 PM

Co-Q 10 is a supplement at all drugstores or health food store. I think you can get it at walmart also. Keep believin'....... ma

Midwest Alice 01-09-2009 05:34 PM

My MUGA has dropped from treatment also. I looked at the Co-Q at Sams. They have different grams. 100,200? I thought I would get the highest Co-Q they had. What strength do some of you take?

Thanks,