HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Prayers requested (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56864)

Sandra in GA 12-18-2012 06:42 PM

Prayers requested

Just returned from Mayo today following my regular 6 month check-up. The CAT scan showed two new 4 mm spots on my right lung. One was in the plural cavity, one in the middle lobe. A PET scan is scheduled for this Friday. They drew blood for CA 15-33 today, so I do not have those results. My onc seemed very concerned.

I need input on treatments others have had. Have you gone back on Herceptin or had radiation treatments?

Thank you in advance for any helpful advice you may have for me. I have always drawn strength from this board.
Sandra

'lizbeth 12-18-2012 07:02 PM

Re: Prayers requested

Oh Sandra,

I hate that you are dealt a recurrence. I like the idea that one had about finding out the genetics of your tumors.

Can you join a TDM1 or Perjeta clinical trial?

I hope one of the board members with experience with lung mets can chime in.

I love you girl!

Sandra in GA 12-18-2012 07:21 PM

Thanks 'lizbeth,
Dr. Tan did mention both of them. We won't know for sure until the PET is run if it is in fact a recurrance. I am trying to tell myself that it is just from reflux, but how did one get outside the lung?

It is very scary. I feel terrific. I just cannot believe it. Maybe it isn't. I should know by Friday afternoon late.

You know you have been very special to me. Thanks again for your support.

JillaryJill 12-18-2012 07:44 PM

Hi, Hoping it is not a recurrence. You are one of my Stage IIIc warriors going 5 years NED with 21 positive lymph nodes. I have always thought the chance of a recurrence after 5 years is slim to none. Let's hold that thought and pray for good news.

'lizbeth 12-18-2012 08:52 PM

Sandra,

Gosh I don't have scans or blood tests since I was stage II. Did you have any symptoms. If not that is very scary. I worry about not feeling the cancer growing, not having anyway to detect it, and ending up stage IV.

We are pretty close in history, but different in treatments. I had skin involvement with the Pagets. I had 3/15 nodes. I only did Taxotere, Herceptin and the GP2 vaccine.

Ugh, this is the tough part and I feel so close to you - its almost like having a recurrence myself.

It looks like we are praying for a lot of Christmas miracles.

I am so glad the Mayo Clinic is looking after you. Are the scans in follow up for a clinical trial, or is it the standard of care?

Look kiddo, I'm counting on you to be around for a long, long time!

I looked for the genetics post, but haven't found it yet. I hope our fellow board member will repost. The more ideas, the better.

Sending even more love (and freaking out a little)

Your buddy, 'lizbeth

europa 12-18-2012 09:18 PM

I am so sorry to hear about this. I have been in contact with Ilan from Precipio. They do the tumor profiling everyone has been buzzing about. He sent me the form as I am getting a sample sent up to him for profiling. If you pm me and give me your email address, I can send it to you and email Ilan letting him know you may be calling. He's a great guy. Also, I believe it's covered by insurance. Ilan told me that they have yet to get denied by an insurance co. He also mentioned that once the forms are signed off by your Oncologist, Precipio gets the sample within 3 days tops. So it's quite fast.
Let me know how I can help. Here is Ilan's info:
Ilan Danieli (CEO at Precipio)
Tel: 203.787.7888 ext. 536
Email: idanieli@precipiodx.com

You're in my prayers.

JennyB 12-18-2012 09:30 PM

Sandra I sincerely hope this isn't a recurrance - prayers going up
Jenny x

Pray 12-18-2012 10:49 PM

Sandra, Gods blessings to you. I also am hoping and praying for the best for you. I am praying very hard. Peace my friend, Nancy

NEDenise 12-18-2012 11:49 PM

Sandra,
Sending prayers and calming love your way. Try not to worry till you KNOW what's true, and what could be a mistake. Remember a few months back...they were sure I had liver and bone spots to keep my brain mets company. After a few days, a review of the scans, and a followup prodedure, showed they were both false alarms. Maybe yours will be too, and even if it's not...we have great meds out there just in case you need them.
And, my friend...I think the fact that you FEEL good is a GOOD sign that things are better than they seem.

Try to relax...breathe easy...focus on that Christmas miracle.
With love,
Denise

karen z 12-19-2012 04:35 AM

My best wishes and thoughts and prayers are with you.
K

Sandra in GA 12-19-2012 08:39 AM

Many, many thanks to all of you. You are the best!

Jill, I know what you mean. I am 4 and 1/2 years out and this just blindsided me. I coulndn't wait until my appointment next summer so I could begin to be free to do some traveling not related to health care. That five year mark was just around the corner. Well, it's not for sure ~ I just have to wait until Friday before I give up all my dreams.

Denise, you are right. They have to confirm it first. Thanks for reminding me that sometimes they can be wrong!

Karen, Nancy, and Jenny, thanks for all those prayers. I can feel them.

Europa, my onc said they are too small to biopsy right now but I really thank you for that info. I will store it in my brain for future reference.

'lizbeth, I cannot find the words to tell you how much you have inspired me. Thank you so much. The PET scan is for positive diagnosis. At first he wanted me to come back in Feb., but you know me. I wanted to know as soon as possible so treatment could begin. So, he ordered a tumor marker blood test and the PET scan. He ordered it for yesterday but that department was swamped and Friday during their lunch was the first appointment they could come up with. I should know something by late Friday. He is to call me that afternoon when they post the results on the computer.

Thank all of you again. I am trying to stay busy with all my Christmas chores that have not been done. I am praying for a Christmas miracle.

Sandra

Kellennea 12-19-2012 08:44 AM

Sending prayers up!

Paula O 12-19-2012 10:20 AM

Lifting you in prayer right now, Sandra. :)

Paula

'lizbeth 12-19-2012 12:15 PM

Sandra,

Is there a term for premature panic? I think I have that.

Oh - wouldn't that be a great Christmas gift, to have the PET rule out cancer. That is so awesome of them to give up their lunch hour so that you can have the scan.

Tumor profiling - that is the phrase I couldn't remember.

Wow, that is the awesome thing about this board. So nice to see the enthusiastic support.

Sending up prayers on your behalf,

'lizbeth

Lien 12-19-2012 12:36 PM

Please be my No. 4! I already have 3 friends whose docs were certain they had lung cancer/lungmets. One of them even had part of a lobe removed. They all turned out to have benign lumps/bumps/scars. So I am holding on to that thought for you. Please keep us posted, so we can exhale...

Jacqueline

Sandra in GA 12-19-2012 02:25 PM

Thanks again. I cannot believe all this support! You guys are the greatest. I had a group of friends come over for prayer for me this afternoon. It is such a comfort.

Jacqueline, I sure hope I will lbe #4! That would be the greatest gift ever.

I have also had a couple of pms from Joan who had radiofrequency ablation in '08 for a couple of small lung mets and has no more. She has given me great hope for treatment other than chemo.

I also contacted my vaccine study nurse at Wake Forest, 'lizbeth. After talking with her, I feel much better. She is a doll. She said they do biops on that size nodes and encouraged me to ask for one. She also told me several of her patients are having strange scans that are truning out to be OK. She also told me they do the radio thingy up there. All this has helped calm me down considerably.

Thanks Paula and Kellennea. Prayer warriors make wonderful friends!

Sandra

NanaJoni 12-19-2012 02:31 PM

Add my prayers to many others.

fullofbeans 12-19-2012 02:33 PM

Don't take it personally but may you NEVER JOIN us the stage 4 sisters here, we do not want you, so you have to stay stage 1 or 2.. no choice.

My prayers are with you, stay as calm as you can, I know difficult.

Becky 12-19-2012 02:33 PM

Dear Sandra

I am thinking about you and praying too. Have faith - it could very well be nothing at all.

ammebarb 12-19-2012 03:19 PM

Sending my prayers too, Sandra.

Barb A.