HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I heard from Vicki h & have an update. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43747)

Chelee 02-13-2010 10:02 PM

I heard from Vicki h & have an update.

I almost hate to pass this on with all the bad news we have had lately--but Vicki wrote me and also asked if I would please update you all as she is just not feeling up to it. She just got out of the hospital after being transfused with 3 units of blood. Her condition has rapidly gotten worse and her and Cap will be talking to Hospice next week. She apologizes for not posting but she has been in far too much pain. It's very difficult for her to sit up at the computer. She said Cap would have updated us but this goes without saying...he is deep in his own grief right now. (The rest below I copied and paste for you all.)

>>>Please don't worry about us,,,,,we love you all and pray for you everyday. I get teary eyed just thinking of all of you. I wish my news were better, I wish we had years ahead of us, but some of us don't and I have to accept that and hold tightly to my sisters and brother and God to carry me home
I love you all so very much,
Vickie<<<

I can't even express how sad this news is to me. It literally breaks my heart and I am in tears right now. I had so much hope that the TDM1 was going to do it for Vicki. She has fought long and hard and if anyone could do it I really believed she would get thru this. She has been such an inspriation to me and so many others here. Vicki said not to worry about them...I wish it was that easy. (Vicki if you see this, know I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.) Sending you and Cap all my love.

Chelee

flynny 02-13-2010 10:17 PM

Re: I heard from Vicki h & have an update.

Thank you for the update and it makes me sad to hear this news. I'm sending out big hugs and prayers to everyone. I really hate this disease. It takes too many incredible people away from us!

Faith in Him 02-13-2010 10:32 PM

This is so sad. It is through tears that I am typing this.

Vickie - You are such a precious lady. I have and will continue to pray for you. God is most definately with you and so are we.

Love,
Tonya

Ellie F 02-14-2010 05:15 AM

I am so saddened to hear this news. Vickie was so supportive to me and gave me such hope. I am gutted that T-DM1 has not bought her lots more time and angry that another sister is suffering from this disease and we don't have a cure.I cannot stop the tears.
Please may God hear our prayers for the cure.
Ellie

Pam P 02-14-2010 05:33 AM

I am sorry to learn about Vickie. I can hardly stand to check in on this site right now there's been so much heartache to read about. I do read, but usually can't bring myself to post. Day to day I live in a denial bubble of sorts thinking I'm doing okay now and can stay at this rate. But the hard truth is this is a dreaded killer disease and it's systematically reaching us all one by one. I
ve been telling myself the t-dm1 will finally be available to me soon and it will be my weapon, but as with Vickie, there is no safety zone, no armor against this killer. I have scans pet/ct, echo, on Tues. 2/16 and am in a state of fear of what the report will say that this cancer is doing to me now. Vickie, Cap, all the people we have lost recently, and all of us who are still trying to stay strong and weighing heavily on my heart.

greenacres 02-14-2010 06:54 AM

I just joined last nite so I don't know Vicki, but it sounds like she has had a long hard road to this point. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and her and her family. So very sad.

Yorkiegirl 02-14-2010 07:27 AM

Chelee thanks for posting this.

Vicki & Cap please know that MANY, MANY TEXAS SIZE PRAYERS are going out for you.

Midwest Alice 02-14-2010 07:34 AM

Vickie, Your love and guidence has been key to my fight thus far. I pray you feel God as he holds you ever closely. Those who follow us will benefit from our walk. You have been a true leader to us all. You may rest now in the blessings God has instore for you.

Your sister in Christ,
Alice

krisvell 02-14-2010 08:18 AM

Vicki, Please know that I am praying for you and your family.
Love,
Kris......

caya 02-14-2010 08:37 AM

Sending prayers, love and hugs to Vickie and Cap.

all the best
caya

ElaineM 02-14-2010 12:23 PM

I am so sorry. I don't know what to say or do, except I want to give Vickie and Cap big cyber hugs !!!!!!! I have my fingers crossed and will remember Vickie in my prayers.
Thanks for letting us know Chelee !!!!!!!

Shobha 02-14-2010 12:38 PM

I have no words to express what I am feeling...just sad right now. My prayers will continue for Vickie and Cap.

hugs,
shobha

chrisy 02-14-2010 01:24 PM

Chelee,
Thank you for passing this news on, as painful as it is. I too had really hoped Vickie would do better on TDM1. My heart goes out out to her and Cap and their family. Including her family here.

Much love, between the tears,
Chris

tricia keegan 02-14-2010 02:44 PM

Such sad news Chelee, but thank you for posting it on.
I'll be keeping Vicki in my thoughts and prayer's, thinking also of Pam and hope the news is good on your scans. xx

mmoons 02-14-2010 04:37 PM

Chelee,
Thank you for the update.

I, too, am struggling for words but have no shortage of tears. I am sick to hear the news about Vicki. Pam, my heart is heavy to read your words also. Both Vicki and you, Pam, have been so kind and loving to me when I have reached out for help...you and so many others here. I hate it that there are so many of us here but grateful to have you all.

I wish I could do something. Truly I do. I hold you close in my heart, Vicki, Cap, Pam and all of you...my sisters. I hope Vicki feels all the love and prayers coming her way.

Maureen

Bill 02-14-2010 08:15 PM

Thanks, Chelee, for passing on Vickie's message. My thoughts and prayers are with Vickie, Cap, and all of you. Love, Bill

suzan w 02-15-2010 01:24 PM

Thank you Chelee for this update. Sad. Cancer sucks. Prayers and love to Vickie and her people...xo Suzan

StephN 02-15-2010 03:45 PM

I can't help but recall this poem Vicki dashed off one evening and posted. She has such a wonderful capacity with words. Her conversation with her cancer has gone on for some time as you can read below.
Thanks again, sweet sister, for the wise verses.

I didn't Want You
I didn’t want you
But one day you came anyway.

I hated you at my very core
You slept in my breast anyway.

I hugged myself and tried not to cry
My pillow case was soaked anyway.

I wanted to wash myself clean of you
I smiled when you left anyway.

I went about my life and willed you to go away
You haunted me anyway.

I never wanted to hear your voice again
You called me anyway.

I saw you again and tried to stay calm
I threw up anyway.

Herceptin lost 71 to 85 that game
Guess you thought you won anyway.

You were charmed by my innocence
You tried to take it anyway.

My confidence and strength inspired others
You crippled me anyway.

My smile stopped you dead in your tracks.
You overran me anyway.

I thought you were harmless
You hung to me anyway.

You tried to take my life away from me…scarred the deepest part of me
I am living everyday anyway.
I am loving life anyway.

Ceesun 02-15-2010 03:50 PM

I am sorry, really sorry about this news, and all of the recent losses. How much can our hearts endure?? Ceesun

DanaRT 02-15-2010 04:31 PM

Thank you for posting the poem, StephN.

Vicki, you are an inspiration, float on the prayers and love.

Love,
Dana