HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A Visit with Dr. Pegram (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28017)

Barbara2 04-28-2007 05:01 PM

A Visit with Dr. Pegram

Sorry it took me so long to get this done, but now I'm glad I spent the time transferring our discussion (in Dr. Pegram's office) from the little digital recorder to paper. Thanks to the person who suggested taking a recorder along. What a great idea. Had I not done that, a lot of information would have been lost.

http://www.her2support.org/barbara.htm

Mary Anne in TX 04-28-2007 06:07 PM

Barbara, I know that it took time to do this for all of us. Thank you for making your precious time with the doctor available to us. What a wonderful gift! ma

Liz J. 04-28-2007 07:04 PM

Thank you

Barbara,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It was very informative and matter of fact. Much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Erin 04-28-2007 08:06 PM

Wonderful! Your are right, the tape recorder was a brilliant idea. Thanks!

Bev 04-28-2007 08:15 PM

Thanks Barbara and Dr. Pegram. Great questions from The Her2 gang. The answers give me hope. BB

Connie Jean 04-28-2007 08:19 PM

Thank you so much for typing this up and sharing! It was so helpful. I, too, saw Dr. Peagram and he very kindly consulted with my oncologist about my treatment.
I'm NED two years from diagnosis of stage IIIc BC. My oncologist says my chances of long term survival go way up when I pass this anniversary. I have all my scans in May to make sure I'm still NED. I'm praying for good results.
Thank you all in this group. You have been so encouraging and knowledgable and helpful to me through this incredible journey.

Linda 04-28-2007 08:20 PM

Dear Barbara:
Thank you so much for taking the time to relate all this information to all of us. Your visit with Dr. Pegram was really informative and full of helpful (and reassuring) information for me, and I'm sure for lots of others.
THANK YOU
Linda

Becky 04-28-2007 08:46 PM

Barbara

What a wonderful thing you did for all of us. I know how much time this must have taken you. Thank you so much.

Joy 04-28-2007 09:33 PM

Barbara

I got as many "smart bumps" (my phrase for being impressed by smart people) from your questions as Dr. Pegrams answers. What an amazing job you did of putting together great questions, making the appointment, getting there, asking the great questions and recording the great answers two times. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. And it sounds like you can begin to get on with life, huh?! THAT is the best part. I'm very happy for you!

lexigirl 04-28-2007 09:39 PM

Barbara,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your visit with us. It was very informative.

Lexi

chrisy 04-28-2007 09:42 PM

Wow! Thanks for sharing this!

Jean 04-29-2007 02:35 AM

A true gift...

Dear Barbara,
You have given all on the site on a true gift...many heart felt thanks.
I am so glad that you followed your instincts and went for the second
opinion. I knew you would gain great information which would address
your concerns.

God Bless you for a job "Well Done"

Jean

KellyA 04-29-2007 03:54 AM

Barbara,

This was such a wonderful start to my Sunday morning. So many questions I have wanted to ask were answered. I am going to copy this and keep it with me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the time and effort that you put into this.

Love, Kelly

Mary Jo 04-29-2007 04:53 AM

Thank You

Hello Barbara,

Wow..........I can't thank you enough for sharing all this wonderful information with us all. I sat at the computer this morning, with my coffee, and read it all to my husband.

Hugs to you and once again, thank you.

Mary Jo

saleboat 04-29-2007 05:30 AM

Thank you! That was a very kind thing of you to do. I'm sure that visit brought you tremendous peace of mind.

Jen

JEANB 04-29-2007 05:54 AM

Barbara,

EXCELLENT! Great job putting this together..so easy to read and informative. Thanks for doing that!

JeanB

nancy d 04-29-2007 06:17 AM

Thanks

I am recently diagnosed, in the middle of chemo and wondering if I can take much more. Your article is one of the nicest things that I have read recently. Thanks Nancy

Andi 04-29-2007 06:18 AM

Great job Barbara, thanks for doing this for all of us.

Lolly 04-29-2007 08:08 AM

Thanks from me also, very interesting and VERY encouraging!

<3 Lolly

lkc Gumby 04-29-2007 08:15 AM

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting and doing such a great job in asking Dr P such relevant questions.
It's wonderful, to cut through all that speculation that out there and really hear some clear concise accurate info!
God Bless you.

Linda