HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I am Fine - but bad new for my sister (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46370)

Becky 08-12-2010 05:51 PM

I am Fine - but bad new for my sister

I probably should have said something before but as you know, I tend to keep things in (and I am a last minute person too). On August 9 my sister had a stereotactic biopsy due to a small (8mm) area of clustered calcifications. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with DCIS. She couldn't wait until next week to find out and kept calling until she heard. She will find out the prognostics next week (ie: ER, PR etc) and needs to at least get a lumpectomy and radiation (I did not want to get into anything more such as not getting clean margins or if the lumpectomy shows a small invasive component). Baby steps. Although I tested negative for the BRCA genes, there is something going on in my family as my mom was diagnosed 4 months after me. So... I am very worried as I still have my breasts. Baby steps for me too. Please pray that there is no invasive component for my baby sister and it stays dcis. I have another sister and pray for her too.

Thank you in advance.

Faith in Him 08-12-2010 07:30 PM

Re: I am Fine - but bad new for my sister

Oh Becky, I'm so sorry. Your sister, you and your family are at the top of my prayer list.

Tonya

Gerri 08-12-2010 07:33 PM

Sweet Becky,

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. It does sound like there is some sort of familial connection. I can tell from your post how worried you are about her. I'm sure she feels great comfort in knowing that you are there to help her through. She is so lucky to have you as her sister.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs to you,

caya 08-12-2010 07:49 PM

Sorry to hear about your sister Becky. This disease sure sucks.

Praying for the best possible news for her.

all the best
caya

ammebarb 08-13-2010 01:10 PM

I know how difficult it is to see one's sister through this crummy disease. Wishing her the very best news possible as she does the "baby steps", and you the strength you need to support her.

Barb A.

tricia keegan 08-13-2010 01:29 PM

Becky, I'm so sorry your sister is dealing with this disease too but really hope for "Just" DCIS and minimal treatment.
Please keep us posted!

Ruth 08-13-2010 01:59 PM

Becky ~
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I can only imagine how many hard decisions you feel you need to make and I'm so sorry you are faced with this now.
Hugs ~ Ruth

Sandra in GA 08-13-2010 02:04 PM

Becky,
I think there is just an epidemic of this disease. I have no family history, yet I have it. To date my sister is OK. But, a lifelong friend who was born the same day as me and went all through school with me found a lump about six weeks ago. It is estrogen fed breast cancer that has already spread to her vertabra and one rib. As others have said, "This disease sucks!"

Your sister is in my prayers for only DCIS that will require very little treatment.

Sandra

Julie2 08-13-2010 03:06 PM

Becky,

You and your family are my prayers. Hope everything turns out to be OK.

Julie

vlcarr 08-13-2010 04:23 PM

Becky,

Saying prayers and sending hugs for you and your family.

Mary Jo 08-13-2010 06:09 PM

Hi Becky,

I was sorry to read the news of your baby sister. Yes, most defintely, I will pray for her and the the rest of you. May His peace hold you all close as you take your "baby steps!"

Love you sister,

Mary Jo

PatriceH 08-13-2010 07:27 PM

Sending lots of prayers your way. She's lucky she has a big sis to lean on, who unfortunately learned the ropes and tread a path before her.

sassy 08-13-2010 10:59 PM

Becky,

I will keep your sister and you in my thoughts and prayers. She couldn't have a better hand-holder than you.

michka 08-14-2010 12:57 AM

Dear Becky. the last thing we want is others to go through this horrible sickness. So when it is your sister I understand how sad and worried you must be. I hope that the small DCIS will be confirmed.Your sister can count on your love and knowledge. Keep us informed of each baby step. Hugs to both. Michka

Midwest Alice 08-14-2010 06:04 AM

Hey Becky, So sorry to hear this news. Please know you and your family are in my prayers.

You are a blessing to your family.

Hugs my friend, ~Alice

Ellie F 08-14-2010 08:03 AM

Hi Becky
Just wanted to add my prayers and hopes that all turns out well for your sister (and you of course).As Sandra said it feels like being in the middle of an epidemic, where nobody is safe! Roll on the cure, we MUST be near by now.
Ellie

Patb 08-14-2010 08:51 AM

Healing thoughts for your sister and the treatment
she will have.
She has the best to guide her through this and my
prayers for both of you.
patb

sarah 08-14-2010 09:13 AM

Becky,
very upsetting for you. Let's hope the DCIS is only in the breast and that she isn't HER2 like us. She has an expert in you to turn to for information and support so she's lucky in that.
hugs and love
sarah

Emelie B 08-14-2010 09:43 AM

Becky,
I am so sorry you have to watch another member of your family go thru the worry, wait and watch of cancer.
I am praying for you and your family that it remains DCIS and nothing more.
Best regards,
Emelie

lexigirl 08-14-2010 10:41 AM

Becky,

I am sorry that your little sister has been diagnosed w/ DCIS. Prayers that it was caught early and for her comfort as she waits on all the test results.

You will be such an awesome support for her. She is blessed to have you on her side.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi