HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   6 years later and MRI picks up something (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66847)

europa 02-06-2018 12:08 PM

6 years later and MRI picks up something

I’m sitting in the waiting room scared beyond belief. My annual MRI yesterday found a .7cm mass in my right breast and I’m waiting for the ultrasound and biopsy. Of course I’m hoping one of you can keep me calm and tell me that it could be a cyst or something benign. But I had a. mRi in July and the found nothing. So if now I have a .7cm mass... I’m thinking Cancer. Someone? Thoughts?

Becky 02-06-2018 05:00 PM

Re: 6 years later and MRI picks up something

It could be anything. 5 years out I felt a lump that wasn't there the month before. It was scar tissue but no doctor could tell by feeling it. Tests and more tests.

I know how you are feeling and I know nothing anyone says will bring you calmness except your doctor telling you what it is. However, I and everyone on this board is here for you and thinking about you during this scary time.

Huge hugs

europa 02-06-2018 05:28 PM

Thanks for responding. So they could find the mass via ultrasound so therefor they couldn’t do a biopsy. Now I’m scheduled for an MRI guided biopsy next week. I feel numb. Part of me is relieved they could find something t and another part is upset they couldn’t biopsy it.

StephN 02-07-2018 02:40 PM

Yes, Europs, the more waiting, the more worrying. That is just how it is with this blanking disease.

Hope the days will fly by for you, and you can find something to keep your mind occupied. Watch some hilarious movies! Make those endorphins.

Laurel 02-07-2018 05:08 PM

Feeling your pain, well anxiety actually, and will pray you get some peace firstly until you get the results from the NEGATIVE biopsy. Believing for good news all the way around!

Carol Ann 02-07-2018 05:27 PM

This totally sucks and I am so sorry you're having to go through all of this.

Standing by with you as you wait for, as Laurel said, NEGATIVE biopsy results!!

Carol Ann

europa 02-08-2018 07:15 AM

thank you all. After the ultrasound and them not being able to find it (two techs tried), I have moments of "if it was cancer, it would show itself, the MRI showed it close to the surface of the skin...so it would of shown itself"....and then I have days of "it's cancer, of course it won't show itself, it's evil and will do anything to hide itself". Either way, I'm trying to just keep it together and have my therapist of speed dial.

MaineRottweilers 02-08-2018 11:33 AM

Waiting is THE WORST. Prayers for a whole lotta nothing.

jaykay 02-09-2018 06:13 AM

Waiting sucks. I had an 18 month stint where the breast MRI showed something and there was nothing on the ultrasound. Every six months for both tests until MRI was clear.
And I have implants!

Hang in there, hoping for nothing

jra40 02-09-2018 08:23 AM

Oh Europa I am so sorry to read your post and what you are going through! Prayers for you, I know everything will be okay!

Lucy 03-07-2018 07:17 PM

Hope all is well. Have you heard anything?

jra40 03-09-2018 08:49 AM

How are you doing Europa? Worried....

europa 03-14-2018 06:32 PM

So after a rather painful biopsy...fat necrosis. I got back for an MRI in June. But I have already made an appointment in May with my surgeon to start the dialogue about getting a nipple sparing mastectomy.

I never want to experience a scare like this again. Plus, I’m getting close to menopause and I was told I am more at risk of developing boob cancer again. So...trading in my saggy mangled boobs for some perky gravity defying ones.

Carol Ann 03-14-2018 06:44 PM

Oh what a RELIEF!!! YAY!!!

Carol Ann

jra40 03-15-2018 10:32 AM

Great news and you deserve some perky boobies :)

MaineRottweilers 03-15-2018 01:19 PM

That's great news and a little gift too. :)

Becky 03-15-2018 03:35 PM

Yes! So happy for you

Pray 03-17-2018 01:58 PM

So Happy for you too!