HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A HER2 CURE in the next decade?!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51465)

NEDenise 09-23-2011 08:55 AM

A HER2 CURE in the next decade?!!!

My New Friends,
Check out this video! Dr. Czierniecki (in the video) is my surgeon. He's been running a vaccine trial to cure early stage HER2 disease, with very promising results. (It's the same trial that Becky posted a "Sticky" about.)

Earlier this week, I asked him about a vaccine for Stage 3 women, like me. According to him, if he can get the funding (big if) the types of vaccines he's been researching could be a CURE for all of us in the next 10 years. Even our stage 4 sisters!

Then today, out of the blue, a friend sent me this link! (It's actually a fundraising site, please don't take this as a plea for money!) I just wanted to share this exciting development with all of you. We can never have too much hope, right?!! Here's the link: http://www.penniesinaction.org/

Stay Strong!!
Denise

candlegranny 09-23-2011 10:40 AM

Re: A HER2 CURE in the next decade?!!!

awesome video and information!!

Kellennea 09-23-2011 12:12 PM

Sounds promising!!! Wouldnt that be WONDERFUL!!

Pray 09-23-2011 01:49 PM

Thank you for your post Denise! That is some serious hope! I sure wish we could do it !

chekmark 09-23-2011 03:53 PM

Wow, what an awesome breakthrough. Just wish that there was a way to cut through all the red tape and an easier way to get funded and get the ball rolling. 5 to 10 years could be a lifetime. They are getting it figured out FINALLY. Lets just all pray that their truely will be a CURE one day soon.

NEDenise 09-24-2011 09:19 AM

Chekmark...
From your mouth, to God's ear!!

Denise

caya 09-24-2011 10:54 AM

Wonderful News!!

all the best
caya

chrisy 09-24-2011 04:25 PM

Hurry up!
Please.

fullofbeans 09-25-2011 12:11 PM

That is not fast enough ludicrius.. we go to war for less people that died in the twin towers than die every year that are her2.. stupid world

Uschi keszler 10-09-2011 09:20 PM

Please check this research out further.
He is trying to open trial mow for recurrence for HER 2 and is also working for vaccine for
ER+ and triple negative.
Please get the message out....

JennyB 10-09-2011 10:08 PM

Hope hope hope
Thats what keeps me going - thanks for the post xx

Uschi Keszler 10-10-2011 07:32 AM

Please keep,up with this research
Check www.penniesinaction.org
People have already more than 5 years immune response to H E R 2 after vaccine
Check out our videos on the web site
Very exciting

NEDenise 10-11-2011 10:17 AM

Welcome Uschi,
I'm the one who started the "Pennies in Action" thread initially. (Dr. Cziernicki and I even chatted about "Pennies in Action" before he performed my surgery just the other day.)

For those of you who don't know, Uschi is the founder of "Pennies in Action"

My teenage son was so impressed when he visited your site, he's decided to do his service project this year to benefit "Pennies in Action". He says," Nobodies' Mom should have to worry about cancer coming back...especially MY mom. If these people can make that happen, I'm gonna help.'

(Sorry to brag about my kid during your welcome message!)

Be well!
Denise

Estelle 10-11-2011 07:05 PM

NEDenise,
This trial is very impressive; there are other vaccine trials out there also. I am stage III and in a trial at Johns Hopkins. You can email the research nurse mberg1@jhmi.edu who will be glad to share more infor. If you do, put my name in the subject (Estelle Franklin) because she gets a lot of email, and she'll know to open even though your address would not be familiar to her.

Just today, I finished my fourth and final (booster) round -- All done!!

Anyway Good Luck

Pray 10-11-2011 09:54 PM

Denise.

Please brag on about how wonderful your son is! He sounds like a wonderful sweet young man. Who is obviously loves his mom! You are so blessed! After all this breast cancer business is happening to their little lives also. We know they never asked for it.

Your Friend,

Nancy

pibikay 10-12-2011 03:10 AM

Good News.Hope it will become a +ve reality soon

candlegranny 10-12-2011 03:26 PM

Estelle. I just talked an hour today to Maureen. I am seriously thinking about getting in this trial NEDenise... you should go with me! my husband and i will go 1st of Novemeber and see if we want to persue it. She said i was an excellent candidate...i copied my signature from here so she knows everything but my blood type! lol I am really excited about this. I have to do some planning since my 79 yr old mother with alzheimers lives with me and we have custody of 2 granddaughters 12 yrs and 8 yrs old. I would be gone for 2 weeks about every other month but the whole thing is only 3 1/2 months. what a wonderful trial. Hope it works... sure cant hurt oh and did I mention I have AFLAC... got my cancer policy just 6 months before my diagnosis of BC. They have paid me well fro all my treatments, mileage and wigs, boobs etc.... so I called my agent. they will pay my transportation to and from the hospital and $80 a night ofr my hotel bill and will pay me weekly too while i am receiving treatment in the trial.. I am so blessed that I had AFLAC it was a blessing during ny time off work and no pay check. And now to learn it will help cutail expenses for the clinicial trial is another blessing. I am really excited about the vaccine... just worried about all the needles.. i hate shots but i still have my port so it is a good thing I kept it a little longer!