HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Went for mammo and cancer has returned... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61660)

BonnieR 09-01-2014 09:25 PM

Re: Went for mammo and cancer has returned...

I just want to say, once again, what a blessing CoolBreeze is to us all. Such a voice of reason and compassion
Linn, I hope you are "settling in" and digging in. It sounds that you have found the right doctor. That can make such a difference
Keep the faith

sdstarfish 09-02-2014 02:32 AM

Hi, Linn,
Just wanted to offer moral support. I know this must be really frustrating to say the least. I'll be thinking of you.

norkdo 09-03-2014 05:57 AM

Linn please read deeply all these wise Amazonians have said. God, it makes me so amazed and honoured to "know" these incredible women.

linn65 09-05-2014 12:10 PM

Cool Breeze I did voice record the ONC, I did not ask the stage my sister did and she said iv. She said it's incurable/terminal but we can do these treatments. I see her Sept 18th after 2nd treatment , and I will ask her. I know she will be talking to me about a hormone treatment which I assuming maybe arimedex. But I have no idea. When I do I will let you all know.

linn65 09-05-2014 12:13 PM

She is a very good onc. Dr. kathy Miller at IU Simon cancer center. She was recomended to me from someone on this board.

StephN 09-05-2014 07:25 PM

Dear Linn -

Hated to hear your news, whatever the stage, that you need to go back on treatment.

I have heard Dr. Kathy Miller speak at the San Antonio Breast Cancer symposium more than once. She has been on panels with top oncologists from around the country/world.

Seems like a good idea to ask her specifically what stage she thinks you are and why. There may be some new thinking or maybe she had to stage you a certain way for insurance to cover your new treatment.

From what I do know of Dr. Miller, I would trust her with my treatment plan.

Just concentrate on your body doing its work to get you back to NED.

'lizbeth 09-06-2014 10:33 AM

We are all interested in finding out why you have been staged as IV, instead of IIIC.

Frankly I don't envy Dr. Miller, Linn65 is very popular on this site.

To be honest, a goal of stable is not acceptable to most of us. We wish better for Linn65. A return to NED status, a future that is not based on continuous cancer treatment.

Linn65, this is a difficult time for you, and we care about you very much. I'm glad that you like your doctor. However, if there is a way to return you to NED, and keep you there with a minimum of cancer treatment - I personally would like your doctor a lot better!

linn65 09-06-2014 01:53 PM

Okay Lizbeth that made me cry a little.....I love your passive side ��l. Actually when the lump was found on my very first mammo for the right side I was in complete shock. I want to be NED I feel like I just got my life back and it's simply awful. I don't give a flying flip what stage it is....I just pray it goes away. Btw right breast mammo is good. Woot woot.

I know you just want to keep me as a room mate when I am placed in the asylum. ;). Too bad some don't live close to Illinois I am having a first time ever BIG bday party with a Dj and open bar for my big 49. ;)

'lizbeth 09-06-2014 07:15 PM

What? You are throwing a huge bash? If I win the Powerball jackpot tonight I'll be there!

I like your new photo.

I thought we had nixed the asylum plan for the cruise ship retirement.

Why don't you have the affected nodes removed?

Mtngrl 09-06-2014 09:10 PM

Linn,

I think you're going to do fine. I also pray it goes away and you get your life back.

But I'm kind of a poster child for "cancer as a chronic illness," and it's not all that bad. My cancer apparently does not want to go away, so the deal I've made with it is detente. I'm happy to let it hang out in my body if it so desires (cancer is us, after all--not a foreign invader but just some misguided and/or overly ambitious cells) as long as it doesn't kill me. After all, it's in both our best interests for the "mother ship," (my body and mind) to keep going.

Just keep doing the next right thing. Live in the moment. Breathe. Be grateful. And let your light shine.

SusanN 09-07-2014 08:59 PM

linn...You look gorgeous...know I'm praying for you...get those "combat boots" on and "lock & load!!" Being in Army after 13 years, gave me alittle ammo...YOU WILL DO THIS AND CAN DO THIS!! HUGE HUGS!!!

linn65 09-08-2014 07:34 AM

I am a little down today, but I had a great weekend. Keeping busy is good...but today's seems yucky.

Carol Ann 09-08-2014 09:48 AM

Hi Linn, I'm sorry you're having a yucky day. I'm glad you came here to express that rather than hold it in. Please know we are all here for you no matter what kind of day you're having.

Glad you had a good weekend!

Carol Ann

thinkpositive 09-09-2014 07:35 AM

Linn,

I hope you have a better day today. It is understandable to have days when you just feel down. This whole cancer thing is an emotional roller coaster. For me, when I get to feeling down I try to think of all of the things that I have to be grateful for and all of the things that make me happy. Some things are pretty simple: enjoying the sun on my skin, cuddling up with my kitties, drinking my coffee. I think of my friend who was paralyzed in a skiing accident. One of the things she misses the most is just being able to sip on a cup of coffee. I'm grateful today that I CAN.

I'm going to do what I can to beat this cancer thing It may be that my life isn't going to be as long as some folks as a result of this disease. I cant control that. What I can do is to enjoy the days that I do have and focus on being positive rather than wasting the time I do have feeling down.

There is so much we have to be grateful for including all of the treatments that are available to us. Much progress has been made and continues to be made in HER2 treatments that will benefit folks like us.

Hope you have a good day today and know that I'm thinking about you and sending positive energy your way.

Brenda

starwishn2 09-10-2014 08:56 PM

Linn- I was sorry to read your "news". I haven't been on the board for awhile so I apologize for such a late response. It sounds like you have an amazing oncologist. All fingers and whatever functional toes I have (darn neuropathy) are crossed that you will do well on your treatment and will be NED again.

Hugs {{}}
Jeri

IrvineFriend 09-12-2014 04:34 PM

Crap is an understatement because I know your thoughts on recurrence. I'm so sorry I'm just sending my well wishes now as I haven't been on this site for several months.

When is your party??!! Have the time of your life and it's really one day at a time. I'm so grateful for you, you were with me for my entire first infusion by phone, and I'd do anything to be with you as well now.

Feel free to call me anytime to chat, cry, laugh, whatever is going on.

XOXO