HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   mom now dx (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60656)

micheleu 04-01-2014 07:13 PM

mom now dx

My mom now has early bc. She has to do radiation. I want to do a cute gift basket with items like aloe Vera gel. Any other suggestions.

Carol Ann 04-01-2014 07:50 PM

Re: mom now dx

Michele, I'm so sorry about your mom ... so nice of you to think of a gift basket ... how about some nice Epsom salts for relaxing baths? I use them all the time and look forward to my baths, so relaxing!

Carol Ann

Jackie07 04-01-2014 08:15 PM

Sorry about your Mom's diagnosis. Is it also Her2? Ask the radiation nurse about the cream for skin burns. I was given several little samples back in 2003. Can't remember the name, but there might be better ones available now.

Adriana Mangus 04-01-2014 09:42 PM

Hi Michelle,

Is your Mom Her2+ as well? What's her name, would like to add her to my prayer list. Love your name, my daughter's name is Michelle :-)

Glad to hear you are NED. Congrats!

I can think of Aquaphor, I used it during and after radiation to the breast. Hope this helps.

Please keep us posted, we care about your mom.

Take care,

Adriana

StephN 04-01-2014 11:10 PM

I remember your mom from at least two or three occasions! Give her my best regards that she will do just as well as her role model daughter!

You will see her through just as she helped you during your treatments.

She might like some organic herbal or detox teas.

Becky 04-02-2014 05:47 AM

I also remember your mom from San Antonio. Please give her my best wishes. My mother too was diagnosed after me. She only needed lumpectomy and radiation. It was not Her2+ but only strongly hormone positive. Your mother will do well but it is stressful none the less. Big hugs to both of you.

micheleu 04-02-2014 04:07 PM

Becky and all,
my mom was not her2 pos. she was strongly hormone pos. That is weird that we (becky) were her2 then mom's not. Mammogram saved her life...It makes me mad everytime they want to take that away as a preventive care...

suzan w 04-03-2014 08:33 PM

Oh, dear, sorry to hear about your Mom...nice idea about the gift basket. I had (still have)affirmation book of positive thoughts/quotes someone gave me. Was a nice daily reminder to think positive thoughts!! Glad you are doing well...your mom will too...runs in the family!

JPup 04-03-2014 09:07 PM

Sorry about your Mom....she taught you how to be tough so now she gets to show her strength. I appreciated a really soft front closure cami as my skin got more and more sensitive during radiation. The best is the kind made out of a soft, baby type of flannel. I'll send positive thoughts her way.

SusanN 04-05-2014 10:10 PM

Dearest Michelle...I'm praying!! Huge Hugs!!