HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Got my Tykerb/Xeloda (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32924)

tousled1 03-04-2008 05:36 PM

Got my Tykerb/Xeloda

Just wanted to let you know that I am no officially on Tykerb/Xeloda (as of this morning.) I went to my onclogist's office yesterday and picked up my prescriptions. I'm fortuante that I have good insurance coverage as my co-pay was $40.00 for both drugs! I began my Tykerb this morning (5 pills) on an empty stomach, then about an hour after eating took my Xeloda (3 pills), just nowate dinner and will shortly be taking my Xeloda again (3 pills). It's a lot of pills but hopefully it's just what I need to get to NED

I went and did a lot of running around today so that I am now prepared for any side effects that I may get. I got the Udder Cream along with socks and gloves. I also picked up some immodium and Miralax (can't be sure which way the pipes will flow), picked up my anti nauseau mediation, and of course stocked up on things for the bRAT diet if I need it.

Brenda has been such a wonderful help!!! I fell that's she's my mentor leading me down this path of unknowns. She is making me feel quite confident and is extremely encouraging. I can't thank her enough.

I'll keep you posted on my progressl So far it's a breeze -- but then we'll see how I feel a week or two from now. Not too worry though, this fighting Irish woman is certainly not ready to give up.

sassy 03-04-2008 06:05 PM

My money is on you Kate! Hoping that the treatment stays a breeze and the outcome is as sweet.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Lolly 03-04-2008 06:11 PM

Hi Kate! I posted on your other thread about side effects and what I did for them, but sounds like you're all prepared thanks to Brenda!!! That's great, let us know how you do :)

<3 Lolly

BethC 03-04-2008 06:31 PM

You go girl!

Love
Beth

Bill 03-04-2008 07:08 PM

Katie, you're just flatout amazing. This is the combo. for you. With the Xeloda, are you doing 2 weeks on, one off? You are truly an awesome warrior Queen and you have rallied all of your forces for battle. You look so cute with that Chinese Hamster on your shoulder. You can do it, Katie! Love, Bill

Joan M 03-04-2008 07:17 PM

Kate, Give that cancer hell! Joan

PinkGirl 03-04-2008 07:39 PM

Hi Kate
You sound so good and so very well
prepared. We are all cheering for you
and your fighting spirit. Let us know
how day #2 goes.

Faith in Him 03-04-2008 08:11 PM

Kate,

It sounds like you are well prepared for battle. Sending a special prayer your way that the treatment does its job and that the side effects are few.

Hugs,
Tonya

Patty F 03-04-2008 08:13 PM

Kate
Praying that this combo works for you. I can't wait to see you dancing with NED.

hutchibk 03-04-2008 08:29 PM

HA HA HA Pink - I read your last sentence as "Let us know how #2 goes".... ooops. That's more info than I need. LOL

Kate, you are officially a Tykerb Tiger or Tigress, whichever you prefer!

kareneg 03-04-2008 08:55 PM

Dear Kate,

I am praying that this is the right combo too kick the cancer's butt. And you are always in my thought and prayers also.

tousled1 03-06-2008 03:33 PM

Well, what can I say about day two???? Let me just say I must have a very sensitive digestive system! Thank God for Immodium!!!!! and the BRAT diet!

PinkGirl 03-06-2008 03:40 PM

Hmm ... immodium and the BRAT diet.
Okay, I get what you're saying!

Well at least you have all the necessary supplies at hand -
good for you for being prepared - just like a boy scout!!!

Hope you manage well with these side effects.
We are all here pulling for you Kate.

IRENE FROM TAMPA 03-06-2008 04:36 PM

This is a great combo Kate

and I wish you much luck with it. I did very well on it and it seems you are "armed" for side effects already.

Keep us posted Kate and take care

Sheila 03-07-2008 07:26 PM

Hey Kate just thinking of you and wondering how the new combo is treating you...hoping for few side effects and lots of power on the lung mets! You are in my thoughts.

wennydog 03-07-2008 10:29 PM

Kate: Thinking of you and hoping things slow down on the bottom end. Keep fighting; you inspire me .
Donna