HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Vile Private Message (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52610)

Yorkiegirl 12-23-2011 07:56 PM

Vile Private Message

There is a person with the screen name of Utefelit that is sending Vile Private Messages, can you please get rid of this person???

ElaineM 12-23-2011 08:38 PM

Re: Vile Private Message

Me too !! Really nasty xxxxxxx rated private message. Please get this person off our site and prevent him or her from contacting us again !!

StephN 12-23-2011 10:13 PM

Hi ladies -
Just like all message boards we have some loopholes, and all I can suggest right now is to block messages from that person.

It is a real shame that spammers take advantage of the ability of us members to contact each other. I am sure there will be some screens coming soon.

Pam P 12-24-2011 05:57 AM

FYI - I've received 2 of these. Disgusting.

DonnaD 12-24-2011 08:12 AM

I have not been on the site in awhile. Signed on a few weeks ago and the messages started coming. And yes they are vile.

sarah 12-24-2011 08:40 AM

yes, a shame this happens but this is a great site and needs to be open. I'm pleased that there's only been a few spammers on the site. I received a private message also from this person and another person but the subject matter made me assume it was spam and I deleted them without reading them.
There are so many posts every day on this site, it must be very hard to keep up.
be well
sarah

Soccermom 12-24-2011 08:59 AM

I got em too, ugh!

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-24-2011 09:37 AM

Vile Private Message

I also received what I thought was a vile, disgusting spam PM. Sick. Intrusive. Deleted of course by the time I got up to about the fifth word. Same person/user name as you Soccermom.

May I ask, How do you block a particular user name?

Pre computers, my Mom (widowed) got an obsene phone call -- from a woman. She was grossed out but we did laugh.

NanaJoni 12-24-2011 10:27 AM

After getting lots of private messages on drug sales, I decided NEVER to open a link from this forum through my email address. These creeps get our email addresses and never stop and then if you open one of their emails they can access your address book and send out stuff to others. It's a real shame to have to do this, but I don't see any other solution for now.

sassy 12-24-2011 11:14 AM

If anyone receives this type of message in a private message, please report it and include the user name. We can then ban the user as I have done with Uni.....unfortunately moderators cannot see your private messages so we must be told the offending user name. Hopefully new plans for the site will elimanate such issues, but until that time, we must just be vigilent.

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-24-2011 11:44 AM

Vile Private Message

I agree, Sassy. That's why I flew on to post. FYI, the user name of the obsene PM was the same as the one Soccermom mentioned.

tricia keegan 12-24-2011 12:23 PM

I have'nt received any thankfully but I moderate another site and when this happens we just get the IP address and bar that from the site so unless this person has other computers they do have an issue signing up again even under a different name.

Catherine 12-25-2011 10:26 PM

Utefelit that is sending Vile Private Messages....

I have not been opening any of the PM's. I have received a total of about 6 or more spam PM's. The last one was from Utefelit.

I will try and figure out how to block, etc.

Thanks

BonnieR 12-26-2011 12:50 PM

I know it is a never ending problem and that the mods are trying their hardest to protect us. I especially hate that such vile stuff may be sent to our newcomers, too, who are already vulnerable and looking for uplifting messages instead of screed.
Keep the faith.

ElaineM 12-26-2011 03:49 PM

I think you can block the people who sent you x rated private messages by going to the user cp and finding the ignore list. Click on that and type in the names you want to block. I tried that. I hope it works.

Ceesun 12-26-2011 08:19 PM

I got the same awful one that Andi and others mentioned...ugh grossities unlimited!!

karen z 12-27-2011 04:32 PM

Thanks for the info Rhonda and hope you are doing well!
karen