HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Gina Popp (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52181)

Cathya 11-17-2011 05:28 PM

Gina Popp

It is with great sadness that I must inform our group that Gina Popp died in January of 2011. I joined this site in 2005 and “met” Gina soon after. Over the years we corresponded by email and on the her2support site but after a long time without correspondence I finally googled her .....only to find her obituary. I am posting now as many of our older members will remember Gina and now can honour her passing. She was a single parent to a son, Jordan, now a junior in college, and is also survived by her mother and two sisters. I feel a great sorrow to know she has passed, that we’ll never talk again and I won’t see her “smile” or hear her positive attitude ever again in this lifetime. God bless, Gina.

Cathy

tricia keegan 11-17-2011 05:44 PM

Re: Gina Popp

Cathy I remember Gina posting and am so sad to read this news, but thank you for letting us know:(

RIP Gina and sleep well xxx

StephN 11-17-2011 06:04 PM

Gina was a very smart lady and the consummate advocate for HERSELF. She had her own way of dosing herself with Herceptin and keeping her cancer at bay.

Gina kept meticulous records and had large binders with ALL of her cancer records. She even brought one of those to a meetup, and Joe told me about that.

So sorry this disease got the better of this courageous woman. RIP.

CoolBreeze 11-17-2011 06:46 PM

I was not here but any loss is a great one, and I'm especially sad for her son.

Cancer...... :(

Unregistered 11-17-2011 10:59 PM

I have not posted on this board in a very long time. Anyway, I have been thinking about Gina lately and I wondered why we hadn't heard from her in such a long time. Now I know. I will miss her, too.

RIP Gina.

Karen W

AlaskaAngel 11-18-2011 09:36 AM

Gina was very intelligent and articulate, and willing to think outside the box in maximizing her opportunities. I am sorry she is no longer here, but so glad that we had the chance to talk with her here.

AlaskaAngel

RhondaH 11-24-2011 05:42 PM

I was thinking about her the other day...she taught me much and I am sad to hear of her passing...

Rhonda

Sheila 11-25-2011 06:25 AM

So sad to hear of Gina's passing...yet another angel....RIP Gina, you have earned your wings!

micheleu 12-08-2011 07:18 PM

I met Gina. She was awesome! I loved talking with her about her theories on connection between Hpylori and Her2 cancer. She will be missed...

sarah 12-10-2011 05:04 AM

Thank you for letting us know. I remember exchanging emails with her and how interesting her theories about HER2 were and how she was dosing herself based on tests and time of year. She talked so lovingly about Jordan. I hope he is doing well. The young seem to take these tragedies better than us oldies. Very sad for her mom and other family members.
sarah