HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Christine has passed away (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58215)

BonnieR 06-04-2013 08:27 PM

Re: Christine has passed away

Lexi, what's up? Have not seen you around. Hope you are doing ok. Keep the faith

tricia keegan 06-05-2013 03:32 PM

I've been offline for a while and was told about Christine's passing from someone else and was so sad to hear it. I didn't have the chance to meet your parents but spoke to your Dad quite often, my sincere condolence's to all your family and my thanks to Joe and Christine for founding this site for all of us. xx

Shobha 06-09-2013 12:22 PM

My deepest condolences to the family. I cannot imagine how lost I would have been all these years without this site. Christine and Joe will always be in my heart and I am forever grateful to them.

-shobha

bmorr7 06-29-2013 03:41 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about Christine's passing. Our prayers are with her and her family. May she rest in peace.

MJo 07-03-2013 02:13 PM

I haven't checked in for a while and just found out about Christine. I met them in a wonderful Italian restaurant in Jersey with some other East Coast survivors -- Becky, Joan. The food was great. Joe wanted to discuss business and Christine said "No business. I want to talk" And boy did we talk -- gossip, sharing BC stories, laughing, talking about our relatives. It was great. We did manage to do some business, too.

I admired (maybe envied a little) your parents for their intelligence, creativity and drive -- after all, they created this incredible Her2support.org. They were also so generous. They made a difference in this world. They left it a better place. Bless them both.

Rolepaul 07-03-2013 04:03 PM

Late response,

Sorry to hear about your mother. I want to say thank you to your parents and yourself. This site gave me inspiration to save my wife. Without it I would have given up back at Christmas 2011. Instead, Nina is doing great and her treatment will likely save thousands of lives in the future. It gave an opportunity for several of the people on here to get treated for disease in the brain and spine. I will stop by your mother's grave and put roses on it the next time I see my mother's grave in Riverside. My mother died from HER+. My wife did not. Thanks to your mother and the progress of the pharma industry there are many more that will be saved.
Rolepaul

rinaina 07-31-2013 03:21 PM

I had the wonderful opportunity to meet both Joe and Christine when I helped them in Chicago during a huge Cancer meeting at McCormick Place. I worked with them over the entire weekend for 3 days and Debbie and Christine and I even got the chance to do a little shopping on Michigan Avenue and have a ladies lunch. What impressed me the most of this family was their dedication to each and every Her2 support member and every diagnosed Her 2 patient. They were such selfless people who for the sake of others never stopped their mission. Christine, despite her own serious battles was always there pushing herself for the sake of everyone else. I never met such incredibly devoted people as Christine and Joe. My heart aches knowing the world, not just us but the millions who haven't even been diagnosed yet, will never get to experience the wonderfulness of Joe and Christine. To Danielle and Debbie, my most heartfelt sympathies. You were so blessed to have the wonderful parents you have had. I know you will continue to live by their example. I know I will always remember Joe and Christine and all they did for so many, always putting others first. Rest in Peace as you meet again and no doubt plotting your next plan together. I worked with them on their anniversary and their love for each other was so apparent. It is somewhat comforting knowing they are together once again.

KDR 07-31-2013 03:43 PM

What a wonderful legacy to leave: a world-reknowned safe place for persons coping with HER2 specifically. Through this site I have made some wonderful friends and even had the pleasure of traveling to the West Coast to visit with Kim (radiant) and Courtney's husband, Jay, discuss options and other treatment decisions at length with Waterdreamer (Fern, still looking for you). Here on the East Coast, the friendship abound as well. lk1, JoanM, Donna. Thanks for upkeeping and maintaining such a fine community space.
Karen

wendyjames2 10-01-2013 09:35 AM

I am a new member so I really didn't really had the chance to meet Christine but reading this thread made my tears fall. Rather than condolence what I'd like to say is congratulations for the legacy Christine left (Danielle and your sister). She will always be remembered.

Thank you for this support group most especially.

Sherryg683 10-20-2013 08:43 PM

I am so saddened to hear this, I haven't been to the board in awhile and this is the first thing I read upon returning. Breaks my heart
Sherryg

Kimberly Lewis 12-11-2013 05:42 AM

So sorry to hear that Christine is gone! I have not been here for a long time. My Mom got lung cancer and I was her sole caretaker for over 2 years now. I so appreciate all that this site has done for me and others. I join Sassy (Rhonda) in saying that I feel like I wouldn't have been here to care for my Mom if this site hadn't educated me on my cancer, my BRCA2 Status etc. Thank you so very much. I join you this year in the loss of my own Mom. Sending along a Christmas remembrance and a very grateful heart!

kcherub 01-15-2014 10:17 PM

I haven't been over here in a long time, but just last night I was thinking of Joe and found time to pop over. I am just devastated at the loss of Christine. Both of them, plus all of you, got me through some very tough times.

Sending much love.
KBB

duga35 01-17-2014 02:42 PM

I am so sorry to hear that your mother has passed on. Both of your parents were wonderful people. When I first came to the site after being dx, I was apprehensive at posting because I am a male. Both of your parents came to my rescue and assured me that it was ok for me to be here and learn. My prayers and love have been sent to both and also to you and your family.

God Bless.....

Ais4Abbott 02-15-2014 01:30 AM

I'm very sorry to read that your mom passed away. I do not know my way around this site very well, but I know your mom had fought the battle for years. I am very sorry to ask, was it HER2 that killed her? I don't find any posts about it. I am very sorry to be so blunt. Personally, I was very much hoping that Herceptin had knocked it down and out forever. I am from Texas and have recently learned that the CB1 and CB2 in cannabis can kill cancer cells. I was wondering if your mom tried it, if it helped at all. Being in Texas, I personally don't know anyone using cannabis, or using it to fight cancer. It seems to have no side effects or toxicity and I have read it can kill virtually any cancer in 90 days, if used correctly. I have had HER2+ twice now, and am suffering from the toxicity of the companion drugs used with Herceptin. So, I am rethinking what I will do next. I can not do those companion drugs ever again. I am very sorry to ask, and if this offends you, please just delete it, and I will understand. I am being selfish, to some degree. If your mom did use Rick Simpson Oil, and it didn't help, then it would be the first case I had heard of that a cancer wasn't cured from cannabis. It is hard to know what to believe. I used to believe in MD Anderson, but I don't anymore.

Gabrielle 03-07-2014 04:29 PM

So very sorry.

Terri B 05-15-2014 10:31 AM

I've been very absent from here for a long time. I'm so sorry to hear of Christine's passing. My condolences to you and your incredible family.

Like so many, this site got me through some of the darkest times of my life. I can only pray that the legacy continues and people continue to reap the benefits and information that this site offers.

Much love, all

Terri B

4angel 05-27-2014 05:12 AM

very sad to read of your Mom's passing. So thankful for the work your parents did for this web site. It helps so many of us walk this path. It was the first place I read that people survive many years even with stage 4 BC. That gives me hope...Prayers to you and your family.

k1982 06-03-2014 08:38 PM

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.
I am new to the site but from what I have read this evening I understand she was an amazing woman and she will now be reunited with your father in heaven.
I wish you and your family peace.
May God bless You.
K

KymAustralia 10-13-2015 01:10 PM

I have been away longer than I realised. I am so very sad to hear of Christine's passing and I extend my deepest sympathies. Your mom and dad were incredible people and the ripple effect of their legacy is so substantial.

I am so grateful to have found this site almost 13 years ago and was in awe of the amazing, courageous women who fought so hard to pioneer the treatments that I know contributed heavily to my survival.

Sending much love and prayers for both your mom and dad and to all the warriors who we have lost from this site xx

KrissSchmidt 07-26-2022 01:05 AM

Oh my gosh... So sorry to see this they made a BIG HELP for us... stay strong we all are with you! sending prayers