HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A Special Note on Christine's Birthday, From Her Daughter (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63556)

Danielle 08-04-2015 06:05 PM

A Special Note on Christine's Birthday, From Her Daughter

Hi all,

I just wanted to come here and talk to you all on behalf of my sister, Debra, and me.

Today is what would have been the founder of this support group (and my mother) Christine Druther's 67th birthday.

On this special day, I'm in her 'hometown' of New York City for work, and have plans to head to East Village and pick up one of her favorite Italian desserts as a small 'celebration' in her honor.

When I think back on my mother's legacy, I can't help but think about all of you here on the HER2 Support website. She loved you all so much and was continuously inspired by all of your stories and the bonds you were able to build during such a critical time in your lives.

The fact that you all still continue using this, and that her 'HER2 sisters' Steph, Rhonda, and Becky continue to make sure this space remains maintained and available for you, speaks volumes and touches both my sister and me very much in the years following her passing.

Two things my mother always said were so crucial to her journey were positivity and a song. I know that pretty much all of us have a favorite song - a song that really keeps us feeling upbeat. On this special day, I hope you give that song a listen - both for yourself and for Mom. :)

God bless every single one of you. And from my sister and I, the warmest of hugs,

Danielle Druther

Pamelamary 08-05-2015 01:01 AM

Re: A Special Note on Christine's Birthday, From Her Daughter

Dear Danielle (and Debra),
Thank you for thinking of us on this special day. I am so grateful to your mother for founding this site, which has been such a wonderful source of support for me and so many other women, from all over the world. I will certainly play a favourite song tonight, maybe even sing (discordantly) along, and think of Christine.
Best wishes from Australia..... Pam

thinkpositive 08-05-2015 12:52 PM

You girls must be so proud for what your mother has done to help all of us on this site that have HER2. It has provided me and so many others with a great deal of support and comfort. Having this site available meant so much to me. I would have been lost without it.

I will enjoy that favorite song in memory of your mother.

Take Care,
Brenda

Laurel 08-05-2015 04:05 PM

Thank you, Danielle. Your Mom and Dad did us all a great service by fighting for those of us with Her2 breast cancer. This site helped me so much in the early days of my diagnosis and I continue to stop by to catch up with others and cheer on those in the struggle.

Thank you and Debra for continuing the legacy of your parents. You bless us every day.

Carol Ann 08-06-2015 10:12 AM

Thank you so very much, Danielle. This forum has and continues to be a true Godsent gift to me and so many others, thanks to your mother. I am grateful every day for it and the friendships and advice i have found here.

I will definitely be singing that song! :)

Some dessert sounds good, too! :)

Carol Ann

tricia keegan 08-06-2015 11:33 AM

Dear Danielle and Debra, your Mom is still very missed around here as is your Dad, Christine did an amazing thing by setting up this site and helping so many, and in fact continues to help so many after her passing still. I know you both must be so proud of her and her work, and thank you for your uplifting message.

Best wishes from Ireland. xx

agness 08-06-2015 03:40 PM

Thank you for sharing and thank you for this forum.

BonnieR 08-06-2015 04:59 PM

The difference your family made, and continues to make, is incalculable
Keep the faith

Mtngrl 08-07-2015 05:44 AM

Thanks so much to both of you! We treasure this wonderful group.

I love music, and I love to sing. Right now I'm thinking of "You'll Never Walk Alone" from "Carousel."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7YhWIzd-gc

StephN 08-07-2015 10:04 PM

Thank you, Danielle, for looking in here and posting such a nice message.

Yes, I do remember Christine singing under her breath and sometimes louder than that at the cancer meetings! She knew how to keep the boogey man away.

I wish I could find a decent canole to eat in her honor!

michka 08-09-2015 01:50 AM

Dear Danielle, your parents are for ever in my heart. By building this forum they wanted to share hope and knowledge. What I always felt is that they were 2 beautiful persons.
The tone of this forum is very different and I really thank Steph, Rhonda, and Becky for taking care of it.
This forum saved my life because I was knowledgeable and helped me stay strong at difficult moments.
Thank you Christine. You are missed.

suzan w 08-09-2015 04:11 AM

Thank you for this message...and reminder of "where it all began". An amazing gift...

sarah 08-09-2015 04:21 AM

Hello Danielle,
What a lovely touching message, thank you. I celebrate the birth of your mother along with you and your family and friends.
You and Debra must be so proud of what Joe and Christine created and how many people around the world it has helped and continues to help. This site has definitely made my journey easier. Hardly a day goes by that I don't think of Joe and Christine and thank them for the unbelievable gift they have given us. You have extraordinary parents with such vision and generosity. If only the world had more people like them.
As an ex-New Yorker,( one of my favorite cities or places that I have ever lived in and I've lived in a few!), I can taste those wonderful cannolis! Too bad that so much of Little Italy has been taken over by Chinatown.
And songs, couldn't survive without music! my song through my second recurrence (thought it was curtains for me) during chemo was the Eagles "Get over it" and it helped me whenever I started to feel sorry for myself!
Thank you Danielle and thank you Stephanie, Rhonda and Becky for keeping this site alive. It continues to be so important to us all and you have all become my family.
"Oh Happy Day"
love and hugs
sarah

janieR 08-10-2015 12:19 PM

What a lovely message.

Christine and Joe created a wonderful site. Where would I have been without it when diagnosed in 2006.

What a lovely mother and father you had.

Janie

SoCalGal 08-13-2015 03:04 PM

Danielle,
Thanks for the lovely note to us...your mom and dad have helped so many through this website, it is one of the richest gifts I've ever received. While I never spoke with your mom, I was fortunate to speak with your dad, once on the phone and also thru emails. What great people!!

Thanks also to Becky, Steph and Rhonda for keeping our "living room" furnished.
With much gratitude, Flori

caya 08-13-2015 04:47 PM

Danielle,

Please know that every day the efforts of your dear Mom and Dad are felt by many - the entire Her2 support group community is eternally grateful to your parents.

Definitely was/is a huge part in keeping my sanity while going through treatment, post treatment and beyond.

all the best
caya

sassy 08-14-2015 07:59 PM

Danielle,

Your mom and dad helped many of us continue to celebrate birthdays, so celebrating Christine's birthday is very fitting.

I am very happy to continue to be a part of this wonderful site and share the support and knowledge of all our members.

My love to you and Debra, and many thanks for continuing the legacy.

Lien 08-16-2015 12:08 PM

Dear Danielle and Debra,

Your Mom and Dad made a difference. Because of them, so many women and men feel less afraid, less alone and more hopeful during the toughest time of their lives. Their legacy has created a community where those who need support are accepted unconditionally, where those looking for information can find it, where those who feel lost are embraced. I cannot begin to express what this site has meant to me and to others. You must be very, very proud.

Jacqueline, from the Netherlands, Europe

margaret 08-02-2020 12:03 AM

So grateful for your mom and dad.
This support group helped me so much.
Love and prayers

R.B. 01-16-2022 03:44 PM

Delighted HER2 Support is back on line.

Such a wonderful resource . . .

A huge thanks to all that made that possible and maintain this site
:) :) :) :) :)