HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anybody have expanders, implants, or mast w no drains but leaking (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64706)

spiritualabundance 03-24-2016 02:35 PM

Anybody have expanders, implants, or mast w no drains but leaking

I cannot find any research on this. I just had expanders placed with external ports so that the needles during full so not go through my breasts. However,, I did not have drains put in and one week post surgery the draining out of the hole where the port hangs from is leaking like crazy on the right. 5 more days until I see my ps again but I'm hating this draining and hating that the ports are external and I've got to have them hanging off me until implant exchange.

Anyone else ever? Suggestions? Tips? Hope? I feel like I shouldn't do anything with my right arm like reaching, touching, hugging, using.

Thank you for any tips!

thinkpositive 03-25-2016 01:24 PM

Re: Anybody have expanders, implants, or mast w no drains but leaking

I've never heard of not having drains so I'm sorry I cant help you with that. I did have drains placed for two weeks after the implants were placed. I didn't have any issues using my arms after this surgery.

Good luck to you. Hopefully somebody else can chime in and give you more info.

Take care,
Brenda

jaykay 03-25-2016 01:57 PM

So you didn't have the expanders placed during/right after the mastectomy? Is it the saline from the expanders being filled that's leaking?

I had expanders and drains as part of my mastectomy but not during the implant surgery. I don't have any experience with what you are going through. As Brenda said, maybe someone else has experience with this.

However, I'd be calling the surgeon asap if I was leaking.

Best
Janis

spiritualabundance 03-25-2016 02:45 PM

Thank you ladies. No I did not have immediate reconstruction. I had my bilateral mast on 10/26 and had drains. This time I just had my expanders placed and filled. These expanders are built with external ports, which is just weird.

Of course I have called my surgeons office 3 times and have my post op with him in 4 days. They say this is normal and to keep putting gauze on it. I was hoping someone else has been through this and has words of encouragement. We will see what happens at post op.
Happy Easter all!!

tricia keegan 03-26-2016 12:31 PM

Sorry I can't help either but a week after my lumpectomy I suddenly leaked a lot when out walking, I assume it was the arm movement and thankfully it only happened once but was reminded of it on reading your post. I haven't heard of this happening either and really hope it clears up soon.

spiritualabundance 04-05-2016 02:05 PM

Oh my. Well everything suddenly got better and felt great until today. Lol. Just had my first post surgical fill. Received 300 at surgery and 100 today. Now at 400 and still have 800cc of saline to put in over time. My ps puts in the full expander capacity of 800 to 850 so that everything is fully stretched and prepared for the best fit. I was told I could take a full twice a week if I could handle it. I'm ready to get this done so I'm considering it, depending on how I handle this pain. Will keep everyone posted but definitely thankful for this board. Thank YOU!!

jaykay 04-05-2016 05:17 PM

Wow, you're my hero. I couldn't do more than 50 cc's at a time to reach my final of 350 cc's. I had my mastectomies prior to chemo and radiation so had the expanders for about a year.

Hope your fills aren't too painful!

Best,
Janis

SoCalGal 04-08-2016 12:14 AM

Can you get vodka with your fills? Just a thought. ! Glad the leaking resolved.