HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   still have not heard on my tumor marker test (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25901)

kerbearcure32 10-31-2006 09:34 PM

still have not heard on my tumor marker test

hello everyone i am wondering if it is bad not to hear from my doctor yet on my results. i had it done last thurs.10-26-06.do you all think no news is good news or will he just tell me on this thurs? i am very scared!!!!can anyone tell me your experince on this please.thank you very much.kerry

Vanessa 10-31-2006 09:52 PM

My oncologist usually tells me on my next follow-up visit. I am not even really sure how long it takes to get the results back. I guess I am somewhat of a passive bc patient, or am just afraid to ask, but that is usually when I get the information. I think it is more fear on my part. Good luck on the results. I wish you well.

tousled1 10-31-2006 10:23 PM

Kerry,

Usually it takes a week to get tumor marker tests back so you'll should get your results when you see your oncologist. Now the HER2 Serum test takes about 2 weeks to get back. I'm still waiting for the results of my Serum test.

Shell 11-01-2006 05:46 AM

I just had blood work for these tests too, and I figured it would be a week or two before I heard.

Regards,
Shell

Barbara2 11-01-2006 07:49 AM

About 5 days

I'm from South Dakota, and our tumor marker tests (CA27-29) are sent out to another state. If I have the test done on a Wednesday, by Monday the results are back.

Oncs are so busy, I doubt that there are many that call their patients themselves, at least mine doesn't. I do one of two things: I either ask the lab to call me when the results come back, or I call them.

If you are anxious for the results, call the office and ask to talk to the lab. They will let you know.

saleboat 11-01-2006 08:07 AM

I just had my tumor markers taken on Oct 23, and I'm assuming that since I haven't heard anything, all is okay.

The funny thing is that this last visit was my first, post-Herceptin follow-up appt. I am now visiting the Onc ever four months. I was nervous because I thought that this was going to be my first tumor marker test. It turns out that I've been having these tests for over a year-- they took the blood before they infused the Herceptin and I never even knew. Long story short, I had no idea to be nervous, and my quality of life was probably better for it. Obviously, the numbers were fine and didn't raise any suspicion. So I've decided that I don't want to know what the numbers are-- it is the Oncs job to worry, and it is my job to live. I have a lot of confidence in my treatment center, they are very well managed, so perhaps it is a luxury to have that level of trust.

Good luck,
Jen

kerbearcure32 11-01-2006 08:24 PM

thanks

thanks for all of your help and support i will get my results tomorrow i will let you all know .kerry