HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   bummer-cancelled implant exchange surgery due to suspicious skin (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53503)

yanyan 03-19-2012 10:25 AM

bummer-cancelled implant exchange surgery due to suspicious skin

As i was going smoothly on the road to recovery, a red pea size bloth was found near my key hole mastectomy scar a month ago. My oncologist said it looked like a chronic infection so i waited another 4 weeks. It got worse, now it is the size of a dime and i can feel a pinkie nail size nodule right underneath the skin.

So, today -3 days prior to my much anticipated implant exchange surgery, i was at my oncologist office. This time he is sending me to a surgeon for biopsy. I feel my whole world is upside down. Although i have been strong and calm most of time through the whole treatment, it really hits me thinking about what if `````

chrisy 03-19-2012 11:11 AM

Re: bummer-cancelled implant exchange surgery due to suspicious skin

It's hard not to let your mind take over with all the "what ifs". The uncertainty is horrible, especially as it has kept you from meeting a big milestone you've been anticipating.

Try (easy to say, I know!) to keep focus on only what you KNOW. And once you have more information you will also be able to have a plan.

Hang in there!

ElaineM 03-19-2012 02:56 PM

Chrisy is right. Focus on what you know. Focus on the present until you get the biopsy results. Once you know the results you can focus on those results so you can make a plan for whatever should come next.
You might have to wait a bit longer for the implant surgery. That is okay. You have waited this long.
You want to make sure your body is totally ready for it, so there won't be any surprises later.
In the meantime take good care of yourself. Get enough rest, good food and a little exercise.

yanyan 03-19-2012 03:41 PM

Thanks Ladies

I was able to see a surgeon today who will do an outpatient excisonal biopsy. Tomorrow i am going to have an ultrasound done and will have the result the same day. The surgeon is worried given i had 10 positive nodes.

This is so scary :(

snolan 03-19-2012 04:04 PM

If there is one thing I have learned with this whole experience is that nothing seems to go as planned. I hope everything turns out ok. I just had my exchanged done today. So much easier then the other surgeries. Here's to hoping you get to resched that appointment!

chemteach 03-19-2012 07:28 PM

It's a bump in the road. I hope and pray that it is a small bump, and you can go ahead and get your stuff done. My thoughts and prayers and energy are with you.

Pray 03-19-2012 08:54 PM

I'm praying for you and your family also!

chekmark 03-20-2012 04:32 AM

Good luck. Remember it is nothing until it is something, Lymph nodes or not it could still be nothing. There are alot of people on this site with positive nodes and no recurrences so try to think positive. I could be alot of things (not serious). Good luck and God bless. Darlene

yanyan 03-20-2012 04:29 PM

Just a quick update. Went to have my ultrasound done today and what we thought was a lump/mass turned out to be a fold of my implant on the ultrasound !! Just as i thought cool i am ready to celebrate, my surgeon said we were to proceed with the biopsy. He thinks there might be something hidden since it was too close to the implant. And we will know for sure when the mystery is open tomorrow !

Thanks ladies for your support. Please i need your prayers !!!

Elizabethtx 03-21-2012 08:07 PM

I'll be praying for it all to be clear! Hang in there!

yanyan 03-21-2012 09:49 PM

The procedure didn't take long. I was in the recovery room in no time! My surgeon said he is a little worried and told me to call on Friday for path report. It does not sound positive to me but everyone told me to hang in there . My tumor marker test was good from last month. I remember someone mentioned skin mets do not show up in blood. The lump or mass was under the skin. Surprisingly ultrasound didn't catch it. I am glad my surgeon insisted on the biopsy!