HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Karen has moved on (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64266)

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-13-2015 09:03 AM

Karen has moved on

It is with deep sadness and a great sense of loss that I must tell you that Karen (KDR) has died. She went last night. On 12/12. Fighting till the end. I cannot imagine this world without my dear friend, but we must all move on, as she has said to me.

Her thirst for expanding her knowledge, investigating all leads, constantly contacting dozens of experts across the country, reading and edifying herself, chasing down and picking the brains of those who know was her tireless task for years.

All while she spent tireless, quality time with her young daughter, making memories, encouraging her to explore and hone her singing abilities, will remain with her darling Yasmin. When Karen would share with me and quote her words, at times regarding Karen's situation and need to constantly rethink and make decisions and alter her course (when it treatments were failing) were so incredibly insightful for such a young Soul, I was often left stunned by her remarkable grasp of matters at such an early age.

I know Karen's story is not over. That she continues on, with her Spirit and lessons learned, experiences ever informing her, as she goes on to evolve and become the best of who she is and was meant to be.

I adore her, admire her, am forever impacted by our relationship which I treasure. She encouraged and inspired many on this board, always out of love, always with passionate skills of advocacy from her heart. We will meet again. Yet, I miss her already.

I am grateful for having her in my life. She will forever remain with me.

With love,
Andi

caya 12-13-2015 11:11 AM

Re: Karen has moved on

So sorry to hear of Karen's passing. She was such an inspiration to us here on the board, and of course to her loving family.
Truly a warrior woman.

all the best
caya

forher 12-13-2015 12:23 PM

Thank you for the update although I hate reading the words. Such a loss. Heartfelt condolences to Karen's family.

jaykay 12-13-2015 12:42 PM

So sorry to hear this news. Nothing more to say...
Janis

MaineRottweilers 12-13-2015 01:33 PM

Terrible, terrible news. I felt so sure she would rebound. I am saddened by her loss and I grieve for the pain and emptiness he family and close friends must surely feel. I know she will leave behind a very empty spot on these boards, she always had something to offer.

Rest in peace, Karen. You were, strong, brave and most of all, you were loved.

europa 12-13-2015 01:46 PM

I am so sad. I cannot even put into words how devastatingly sad Karen's passing is. She was such an intregral part of my journey and I owe her so much. RIP dear Karen.

StephN 12-13-2015 02:22 PM

Brave Andi to come here with this news of Karen's passing (moving on). Our KDR had more fight in her than just about anyone I ever knew. She was so smart, and methodical in her quest for new and hopefully more successful treatments. When she announced NED a while back, I jumped for joy, praying that she could maintain that status so she could put her energy into raising her daughter for many years to come.

Karen gave us all so much. From her shocking/harrowing story of escaping the World Trade Center attacks, to her loving posts here. I know you will RIP knowing you gave your survival the best shot possible.

donocco 12-13-2015 03:08 PM

Andrea

Im very sorry for your loss. I sometimes post as a pharmacist but mostly I read the posts. After a while you recognize the people. I didnt know her personally but Karen was knowledgeable and always there to support others. She did this for years. Sorry for the loss

Paul

DianaMK 12-13-2015 03:22 PM

So sad. Karen was an inspiration. Gone too soon.

Dakini52 12-13-2015 06:42 PM

I feel so sad. I always enjoyed reading her posts and feeling her spirit as she fought her battle. She will be missed by many.

carlatte7 12-13-2015 08:17 PM

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Nothing else to say. Prayers going up for her family and those who knew her well.

annettchen 12-13-2015 10:21 PM

This is too sad. RIP Karen. I feel so bad for her family and friends. It is painful.

Annette

Pamelamary 12-13-2015 10:35 PM

Very sad news - Karen has been an inspiration on this site since I first joined. So many of the dearest women have died since; it is sometimes difficult to check in, but the value of such support, knowledge and understanding remains paramount.
Condolences to you, Andi, and all Karen's family and friends..... Pam

agness 12-13-2015 11:41 PM

What a huge loss. I'm very sorry Andrea.

Here is a link to her recent posts/comments and you can see that she was all heart and love

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...archid=1921134

michka 12-14-2015 03:58 AM

Karen went through the 9/11 tragedy, she went through multiple chemos, she pulled through a disastrous operation and she never complained. Always fighting, always searching, always sharing her knowledge to help others. She loved her daughter and family. I am devastated. She would not like my tears but I can't help it. Even these last weeks she told me not to worry. My thoughts go to her daughter and husband. I will keep her in my heart forever.

jra40 12-14-2015 06:21 AM

The sorrow is too great, Karen was such a big part of this board and our lives. She was one of the first to reach out to me when I joined. She will be forever missed and never forgotten.

Carol Ann 12-14-2015 09:16 AM

I have been dreading this news. Karen was an Old Soul who did everything she could to learn, to stay positive, and to fight this disease with everything she could. And she was always here for everyone on this forum.

There are no words. We must never forget.

I will honor her to continue to advocate for research over pink awareness. She never stopped believing that there is a cure and it will be found.

So many tears. That a woman should survive the Twin Tower collapse and then die of this wretched disease.

Carol Ann

waterdreamer 12-14-2015 02:15 PM

Karen, my friend, I miss you. It is so hard to believe that your fight is over. I thought we would be in this for a long time together. We will find a cure and we will change the prognosis of this horrible disease. Rest in peace. With love Fern

Lucy 12-14-2015 07:13 PM

It saddens me to learn of this. I didn't know Karen on a personal level but her unending optimism and support of others on this board is undeniable. She will be missed.

Catherine 12-15-2015 08:30 AM

So sad to learn that Karen has moved on. She fought so hard and she was such a support to all of our community. It just does just not seem fair. I wish to send love and support to her family.
Hugs, Catherine