HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Has anyone received this message please read (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61384)

Adriana Mangus 06-27-2014 08:35 PM

Has anyone received this message please read

Hi Adriana!

First off, I'm glad you are stable and hope you are sticking in there!

I work for 22otters, a mobile health development company based in San Mateo, California. We are looking to create a platform for smartphone apps where women considering or proceeding with a mastectomy can share their stories (anonymously or not) or gather tips and advice from each other.

We are looking for "seed" stories before we launch the application, which will be free to download from Google Play or Apple app stores. Our hope is to gather enough of these stories so eventual users will feel comfortable or inspired to submit their own.

I was really impressed by your posts and was wondering if you would be interested in submitting an initial seed story? If you are interested, you can send a 30-60 second story (or many stories on different topics) to my email:lucy@22otters.com. Any audio file format is fine, just please attach a username so we can identify you. Or, if you aren’t comfortable with us using your voice, you can just send a text blurb and we can get a voice actor to record it.

We’d really appreciate your input, stories, and advice.
Thanks!
Lucy

Nurse4u2day 06-27-2014 09:01 PM

Re: Has anyone received this message please read

Yes . I received it and did not respond to it .

Adriana Mangus 06-27-2014 09:08 PM

Hi Nurse for me today,

Thank you for your response. How weird to have received this message, have no idea who they are or what they want. Glad you did not answer either.

Adriana

Nurse4u2day 06-27-2014 09:13 PM

I felt by them sending it as a private message very intrusive and frankly cruel. If they are who they say and wanted info they could and should have posted it up front on the board forum. Just to sneaky for me.

thinkpositive 06-28-2014 10:26 AM

I received this message also and did not respond. I agree that it did seem a bit sneaky.

Lnmum 06-28-2014 10:34 AM

I asked for more info about the company. I noticed she has just signed up with her2support.org.

crb 06-28-2014 12:17 PM

I got a very similar one as well. Didn't respond either...

sassy 06-28-2014 12:57 PM

Could one of you tell me what user name she posted under? Then I can check it out.

Thanks

crb 06-28-2014 01:32 PM

It was Lucy22

IrvineFriend 06-29-2014 09:28 AM

Hi Adriana! I'm glad you're trying new treatments.

I hope nobody responds to this company. It gives my industry a bad name. If they are a real medical device company they would not be going on support group websites to get product development support. They would pay for it and advertise for it in an ethical manner.

Posts 06-29-2014 01:09 PM

This tactic is a thinly veiled advertising ploy for the company's app. Since this site does not allow advertising, the user has been banned.

However, since we are an open forum, the person could register as different user and contact our members again.

Please report any such contacts to Posts or one of the other moderators and we can address.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance.