HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Lost post (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37506)

Bill 01-08-2009 09:32 PM

Lost post

Hi guys! I'm so frustrated right now I could cry. Once again, I've spent alot of time writing here, only to lose the post. Any ideas? It's been hours that I've been typing. Can I retrieve it? Can I write elsewhere and then "transfer" it onto the site? I'm really bummed.

christie 01-08-2009 11:28 PM

hi bill

This used to happen to me also, we tend to get logged out when we type a long mail, so nowadays after typing and before submitting the post ,i copy it and then if it gets lost, i log in once more and just paste it and send it. then its successful.

Lien 01-09-2009 04:28 AM

S**t, I hate it when that happens. I guess it would help to type the text in a word processor like Word and then copy & paste it when you are ready to send. Word usually saves a copy every 10 minutes or so.

Hope you are doing well otherwise!

Love

Jacqueline

Gerri 01-09-2009 09:12 AM

Drat Bill, I'm sorry we missed out on your post! Typing it in word is a good idea, at least you will have a backup. This has happened to me, but when it says I am timed out and I sign back on my post appears. Another thing you might try is to hit "Preview Post" every so often and then just keep "editing".

Can't wait to read what you had to say, hope it isn't lost forever!

Bill 01-09-2009 10:11 AM

Hey, thanks, everybody! You guys are a big help. I'll have to try your suggestions. I'll rewrite the post. I'm sorry to bother you with my petty little problem, but thanks for the help. Other than that, I'm doing great here.

Lien 01-09-2009 12:44 PM

I just love hearing about petty problems. It means there are no big problems. So keep the little ones coming!

Jacqueline

DonnaD 01-09-2009 10:09 PM

Bill,
I have been there many times. I am not the fastest typist in the west nor am I the best speller. So once my post is done I try to remember to copy it. If I loose it I just paste, like Christie mentioned. The trouble is I have to remember to copy it! Chemo brain is still alive.

Love your posts. Keep them coming after a save!
Donna

hutchibk 01-09-2009 10:44 PM

Me too. I hate being logged out. I have taken to typing longer posts in a text program first and then doing cut and paste.

Sheila 01-10-2009 08:28 AM

Bill...losing a post is much easier than losing your hair...now if you can fix that, you are on to something!!!

juanita 01-10-2009 10:30 AM

i'd love some small problems right now so keep them coming!

Jean 01-11-2009 02:51 AM

Hey Guys,
When typing a long post, hit the preview tab, then go back and continue to type....do this every so often when typeing a long post. You will not lose it.

Good Luck!
Jean

Bill 01-11-2009 09:15 AM

Thanks everyone!

freyja 01-11-2009 11:39 AM

Me, too!

Bill, I read this the other day...and I did not learn from it. I tried to post a blog on my myspace page and it was of course a long, well written blog I'd been trying to get done for a long time, I posted it, and it disappeared. Why didn't I copy it?!
Lesson learned...I know just how ya feel.

Bill 01-11-2009 12:05 PM

Yep, and the really bad part is that the posts we lose are the finest pieces of work ever conceived. It's not just us that has lost something, but the whole of Mankind. Just think how we could advance as human beings with those missing posts. That's the really sad part.

Believe51 01-12-2009 11:54 AM

..................makes ya want to go for a 'scream ride', huh?? Why is it that I never lose a small post??>>Believe51

harrie 01-13-2009 12:37 AM

Sometimes when I take significant time to write a post, to ensure that I don't get timed out and lose it, I will go up to "edit" and hit copy. Then if necessary, I just hit paste and there it is. I have lost my share of posts and it is frustrating.