HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Brenda (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56147)

Jeanette 09-29-2012 01:01 PM

Brenda

Just read , we have a new Angel to watch over us. Our dear Brenda, went to heaven., Jeanette

Becky 09-29-2012 01:22 PM

Re: Brenda

Oh I am so sad. Many tears and no words.

StephN 09-29-2012 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This photo of Brenda taken just last December at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium is her to a "T."

She was on top of her disease then and taking in all the updated and new science in her steel trap mind. Her inate joy of life is clear here. I will miss you.

KDR 09-29-2012 02:03 PM

Goodbye for now, Brenda.
XOXO
Karen

alicem 09-29-2012 02:12 PM

I'm so glad I was able to say goodbye to her in the hospital today before she passed away.

I brought her the love from all of you, her HER2 Family, and gave it to her by holding her hand, stroking her face and giving her one last hug. May it bring you comfort to know that she was not in any pain, and was sleeping deeply, and peacefully for that last day or so.

She loved life, and fought hard for every breath. Brenda was her own advocate and always tried to do what was best for her treatment. I'm sharing this photo that was taken of our group in San Antonio last December. Note that she was on the phone - either trying to check on the TDM-1 trial, or checking on what to do with an old spot that had shown up at the base of her brain.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-E...0x240%2529.jpg

I hope you don't mind, but I think Brenda would appreciate me using one of her well known phrases right now. This is CRAP ON A CRAPSTICK! Actually, it is worse than that. Words can not express how we are all feeling now. In addition to praying for Brenda and all of her loved ones, I ask you to pray for our nation's scientists and researchers. They CANNOT find the solution and the cure fast enough. It needed to be found yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that . . . .

I know that Joe Druther, founder of this forum, was in front of the line, waiting to welcome her and share a few jokes and laughs.

I loved you like a sister my friend, god speed.

Mandamoo 09-29-2012 02:29 PM

Goodbye Brenda - thank you for your wit, courage, love and support here.
May your soul be at peace.
A x

Pray 09-29-2012 02:35 PM

May perpetual light shine upon her! Gods blessings to her family and friends.

Ceesun 09-29-2012 02:42 PM

AliceM and Steph....you express yourselves so well....thank you for sharing. I only knew her from a few posts we shared about tykerb and herceptin and she was so informative. To me, Brenda seemed almost invincible against this disease.....she gave us a lot of hope..........and guts. I respected and admired that she always seemed to have a plan. Rest now, Brenda, and may you shine in God's Glory. Ceesun

Andrea Barnett Budin 09-29-2012 02:59 PM

Brenda

I just read the news, as I've been checking in with the Caring Bridge site her family formed to keep us up to date and let us share our thoughts (thanks Chrisy for passing that on).

I'd somehow relinquished my never-give-up attitude when I was forced to see Brenda was headed home. In my heart, I had to let her go.

I ran to you Ladies straight away! Right into your arms... We must move forward as Brenda would insist, with grace and courage, grit and wit (as Steph so spot on expressed it).

May she be at peace and reunited with all she loved and had to let go in this lifetime. They're all there for her now.

What a beautiful Spirit Brenda is! And, I believe, still is, as I just know as our body dies, we are released as the radiant Souls we truly are. This is not the end of Brenda's story! Brenda still is, and that gives me a muted joy for now...

chrisy 09-29-2012 03:31 PM

I've shed so many tears over Brenda and her family, including us this week. Too much to bear. Reading this morning's post on caringbridge I shed more tears, but sort of good ones. Brenda's gone home, and will be watching over all of us, making sure we stay strong and keep loving each other. She's at peace as far as this life, and this battle is concerned.

But I'll bet y'all she is kicking up a storm with Joe and all her other Her2 sisters and brothers up there.

God bless you, Brenda. My life is so changed because of you.

ps - I had a post for your tribute thread and my ipad lost it. I know you understand.

Love,
Chris

alicem 09-29-2012 03:59 PM

Oh Chrisy, thanks for giving me a smile today! Brenda would of course understand!

sassy 09-29-2012 04:32 PM

You know, there are things in this life that are just hard to believe, and this is one of them.

But you guys are right, I bet Joe was standing there waiting for Brenda with a big laugh and a hug! Brenda always seemed larger than life--which she surely is now. But she will continue to be a large part of many of our lives.

With love,

Yorkiegirl 09-29-2012 04:39 PM

My heart is very heavy reading of this news of Brenda. She will continue to be a bright shinning light.
Many prayers going out to her family.

caya 09-29-2012 06:17 PM

Very sad about Brenda's passing. This disease sure is Crap on a Crapstick!

Tomorrow in Canada we have the annual CIBC Run for the Cure - the biggest one day Breast Cancer Run/Walk from coast to coast. I will be dedicating my walk tomorrow to Brenda, and will write her name on the memory wall.

all the best
caya

Mary Jo 09-29-2012 06:21 PM

We stand together, us...sisters......grieving the loss of one of "ours!"

Thank you Brenda, for giving a little bit of yourself to each of us.

Mary Jo

karen z 09-29-2012 06:34 PM

Steph,
The picture is perfect. It does fit Brenda's personality to a "T" and is how I remember her last year. Rhonda, this is one of those things that is very difficult to believe. Brenda was so joyful at SABCS less than one year ago (and, yes, larger than life and so in charge). Glad you were with Brenda today Alice. It helps to know that and that she was resting deeply. With much love, k

ElaineM 09-29-2012 08:48 PM

Rest well Angel Brenda. May God comfort her family.

yanyan 09-30-2012 12:00 AM

I just can't believe it happened so fast! Brenda was such a kind lady! She will be deeply missed! May you rest in peace,Brenda!

harrie 09-30-2012 12:32 AM

Aloha Brenda, you are loved, you gave so much and you will be missed.

michka 09-30-2012 12:37 AM

I am so sad. It is so difficult to accept. I never met Brenda but all these years I loved her posts, I loved her spirit. She was always there for me. My words are not strong enough to express the sadness in my heart.
My thoughts go to her family and friends.
Michka

"CRAP ON A CRAPSTICK!"