HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Joy is at peace now (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43150)

Unregistered 01-01-2010 09:05 AM

Joy is at peace now

My sweet sister is now at peace. She passed away Dec. 31st at home with friends and family by her side. She was originally given three months that was ten years ago. She fought so hard for so long and made to the very last day of the year. She cherished the people she met on this site and she was so sorry she couldn't keep up this past year. Since May it's been a real struggle for her, the neuropathy was so bad she couldn't use her hands, she felt so bad about not being there for everyone, but please know you were always on her mind. Thank you to everyone for all the love and support you have given her and my family. With all my love, I wish you all a wonderful and happy New Year. Joy's little sister, Jennifer

juanita 01-01-2010 09:34 AM

Re: Joy is at peace now

i am so sorry for your loss. my thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family.

karen raines hunt 01-01-2010 09:44 AM

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. I live in Fort Collins too and first met Joy through Hope Lives. We were survivor models in a fashion show in 2005.

tricia keegan 01-01-2010 09:44 AM

Jennifer, my thoughts will be with you and all Joys family through this sad time.
I know it's been so hard for Joy and she fought so bravely to keep going, but I know she's at peace and no longer in pain.
My deepest sympathy to you all and thank you for letting us know. xx

freyja 01-01-2010 09:51 AM

Jennifer,
Thank you so much for keeping us all informed. I know it's hard to say those words. We know she has been with us even without her words, and we know she's with us still. She helped and inspired so many, and that will always be part of her legacy. Those of us she helped will continue to pay it forward. May her spirit be at peace, and may your family's hearts be warmed by all the great memories you'll always have of her and her bright spirit. May this year bring healing and strength to you...and us all...
Love, Celeste

Yorkiegirl 01-01-2010 10:08 AM

My heart has so many tears right now. I am so very sorry to read of Joy's passing. What a WONDERFUL LADY she was.

Jennifer my thoughts and prayers for you and family during this most difficult time. I know God will wrap his arm's around all of you during this time.

RhondaH 01-01-2010 10:16 AM

I am SO sorry...Joy will be GREATLY missed:(

sassy 01-01-2010 10:20 AM

Jennifer, please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Joy's family, especially her children. Joy was such a beautiful soul and beautiful woman and we will miss her greatly.

Sheila 01-01-2010 10:28 AM

Jennifer
Please know how sad it is to read this post....Joy was everything her name implied, I would be smiling when ever she would post, it was always full of love, hope and yes JOY...she was always the one to make lemonade out of any lemons that crossed her path. Although she was unable to post for some time, her presence and "Joy" was truly felt through your posts, and we thank you for that. My heartfelt love and sympathy go out to you, her children and her entire family....we truly have a very special angel watching over us now, and her spirit will continue to shine through those whose lives she touched.

Patb 01-01-2010 11:26 AM

My prayers and thoughts are with you at this sad
time. Joy fought so hard and was such an inspiration.
patb

caya 01-01-2010 12:29 PM

So sorry to read of dear sweet Joy's passing. Her posts and smiling "joyous" face were always an inspiration on this board.

Jennifer, my condolences to you and the family. Joy was a very brave warrior, now she's an angel watching over us all.

all the best
caya

Barbara H. 01-01-2010 12:44 PM

Whenever Joy posted, she brought "joy" and peace into my heart. She was always so positive, and her posts were often so uplifting. I also learned a lot about how to "live" from her. Jennifer, please accept my heartfelt condolences for you and your family.
With sadness,
Barbara H.

Faith in Him 01-01-2010 12:54 PM

Jennifer,

Joy was such a wonderful person and a blessing to this site. I am truly sorry.

Tonya

Becky 01-01-2010 01:08 PM

Dear Jennifer

My deepest condolences to you, Joy's children and all her friends, family and loved ones.

Joy was an inspiration and her name suited her so well. Her smiling and joyful face on this board will never be forgotten.

I write with a heavy and sad heart to hear of her passing.

God bless all of you.

michka 01-01-2010 01:29 PM

I am so sad. Joy was like sun for us all with her beautiful smile. Jennifer please accept my condolences for you and the family. Joy was so brave and you Jennifer with her. Michka.

Lien 01-01-2010 02:49 PM

I am so very sorry. Like others wrote, she was a ray of sunshine on this board. I hope you, her children, and all who loved her will keep her love, her joy, her capacity to hang on to life inside them. Her spirit will live on, both on this board and among her friends. She was one special lady and we will miss her.

Love

Jacqueline

Audrey 01-01-2010 03:04 PM

I'm so very sad and sorry to hear this news. Joy was such a bright addition to this her2 family and she will be missed and remembered. My heart goes out to her family and to all who knew her and loved her.

MJo 01-01-2010 03:33 PM

This is very sad news. She had the most beautiful smilie and, as others have said here, the name Joy fit her so well. She was blessed with a loving sister and other famikly members.

Kim in DC 01-01-2010 05:10 PM

Joy was very strong!!!! She will be missed!

Rich66 01-01-2010 05:11 PM

Heavy heart, indeed.