HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A little nervous (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48590)

LoisLane 01-30-2011 12:47 PM

A little nervous

Hi everyone. I thought I would write in and get some encouragement and good vibes from the men and women here. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I had a bone scan for leg pain and it was fine no problems but it did show a fractured rib (didn't even know I had one). I had been hiking in Victoria BC in September and took a spill,must of done it then. Anyway this past week I have been sick with lousy cough, stuffed up etc. Finally went to family doctor and she said my lungs were pretty full so she wanted to do a chest x-ray. She called the next day and said there was no pneumonia but they saw something on the lung behind where that fractured rib is. She said she sure it is nothing but they want to do a CT scan. Now I am getting worried. I think she said it was an opacity.
Anyway I am trying to remain calm and hopefully again they will say all clear. Yikes this is nerve wracking! Thanks for listening Lois

Mary L 01-30-2011 02:06 PM

Re: A little nervous

Hi Lois, Lets think it is nothing to worry about till you have the cat scan. I know that is easier said than done but I really think it is from the fractured rib. It is so hard once you get the cancer diagnosis as every sympton we have is cancer. I will be praying for a good report. I love your posts. Best wishes. Mary L

Peg 01-30-2011 02:07 PM

LoisLane,

I was just at the radiologist's and he did say radiation can cause scar tissue on the lung. It's probably nothing to worry about. Please keep us posted. I know it's tough, but try not to worry!

Peg

chrisy 01-30-2011 02:25 PM

hi loislane,

Well, it isn't anything until you know it is. Although it seems more than coincidence that the "opacity" is right behind where you fractured a rib. If you took a tumble and cracked a rib maybe that also caused a minor injury to the lung.

Try to breathe easy...until you find out more information.

krisvell 01-30-2011 03:16 PM

Hi Loislane,
Don’t you think it’s more than a coincidence they saw something right behind where you broke your rib? They sound related and it doesn’t sound like they are too concerned. If they were, the Drs. would be all over it.
It’s tough waiting but I really think it sounds like nothing.
Sending prayers and hugs your way,
Kris…

Jackie07 01-30-2011 03:35 PM

Hi,

It is very hard not to worry when the doctors 'saw' something.
When I was directed to have an ultrasound after I'd just done a CT scan for the persisting discomfort in my liver area, I was '100%' sure that I'd developed liver mets...

But it turned out to be a harmless 'hepatic hemangioma' - something I'd never heard of before.

It's good that your doctor acted cautiously and is following up with a CT scan. We are praying for a benign test result...

Sending you good vibes...

LoisLane 01-30-2011 04:51 PM

Thank you everyone. You have all already made me feel much calmer. I know I will be anxious until I get the CT and I am sure I can probably get it this week so hopefully this wait wont be too long. Thank you Peg for mentioning about the radiation. I actually did have radiation on that side. You are all the best xxLois

Chelee 01-30-2011 05:12 PM

Lois,
Living in cancerland is difficult at times like this. Chances are it is from a benign cause. The radiation may be to blame for that...I've seen that happen so many times over the last 5 yrs. I also find it interesting that it just happens to be right behind that fractured rib. Once they found something on my cervical spine at C-7 and I was beyond stressed. But just like Jackie it turned out to be a hemangioma. It's probably going to turn out to be from your rads since that's the bc side. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Chelee

Sheila 01-30-2011 06:08 PM

Lois
There have been several of us who have would up with a fx rib....I did with no radiation, which does weaken the bones....sending a prayer that you will get the all clear after the CT and this will be in your rear view mirror!

LoisLane 02-07-2011 07:01 PM

Hi everyone. Had my CT on Friday Feb 4th. They called the results to me today and all okay. Yeah! Lungs were fine all clear. Just a healing fractured rib. Thanks for your words of encouragement to all. Lois.

Joanna J 02-07-2011 07:23 PM

Lois,So glad to hear the good news.....Now Breeeaaatttthhh & relax......God Bless you,Joanna J

CindyE 02-07-2011 08:13 PM

So wonderful to hear your good news. Enjoy and rest easy now.

sassy 02-07-2011 08:31 PM

Great news! What's a fractured rib in the grand scheme of things!

Elizabethtx 02-07-2011 09:53 PM

Wonderful news! We can all use that from time to time. Relax and enjoy life!

Trish 02-08-2011 01:56 AM

Great news. Thanks for letting us know.
Trish

Peg 02-08-2011 12:55 PM

Thanks for letting us know the great news!

Peg

krisvell 02-08-2011 02:50 PM

LoisLane;
That is wonderful news! I love reading posts like this. You and your husband should celebrate.

Kris...

ammebarb 02-08-2011 03:10 PM

Isn't it amazing that a fractured rib can be considered such a good thing! So very glad you got good news, and hope that you are enjoying that huge sense of relief.

Barb A.

Mary L 02-08-2011 03:33 PM

Lois, I am so glad that it wasn't cancer. I had a really good feeling that it wasn't. Be happy and celebrate the good news. Best Wishes, Mary L

laureen 02-08-2011 06:59 PM

Yeah. I am convinced I have a fractured rib too. I will get ct in june after baby comes out. So happy for you.