HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Our Sweet Sheila (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60044)

Jen 01-16-2014 07:28 AM

Our Sweet Sheila

I posted this on my FB page and thought it would be nice to post here as well. I know that this website is world wide so many of us have "long distance" relationships with each other and bonds that reach across the world. Last Tuesday morning while my daughter Jasmine was at school I was taking a shower and I just felt this overwelming sadness I really miss my Mom so much it hurts everday I start yelling out Mom I need to see you again I need to hear your voice and feel your presence because I just cant FEEL you and I really need to. Fast forward to Wednesday morning Jasmine has a cold I call her off of school she is playing on the computer I am laying on the couch watching TV when all of a sudden Jasmine says to me "Mom look I found a video of Grandma Cocoa" (that is what her Grandchildren called her) I jumped up went to the computer and Jasmine starts playing a video on youtube well i have seen this video before and have searched for it several times but could NEVER find it when I asked Jasmine how she found it she replied "I don't know I just found it" Soooo because of the marvels of modern technology I am able to "share" Sheila with those of you who knew and loved her but never actually got to see her in person. So without further adieu I share with you Sheila. Sheila is featured at 0:32 and 2:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAxOcqgwGCQ

Lien 01-16-2014 08:14 AM

Re: Our Sweet Sheila

Thank you!

It was lovely to see her face and hear her speak.

Hugs

Jacqueline

caya 01-16-2014 08:46 AM

Lovely to see Sheila "live".
Jen, your dear Mom heard you and responded...

all the best
caya

Mary Anne in TX 01-16-2014 08:58 AM

Very special lady in so many ways!

sarah 01-16-2014 10:56 AM

wow, great! lovely.
hugs
sarah

KDR 01-16-2014 11:52 AM

So nice, thanks for sharing.
Karen

Laurel 01-16-2014 06:59 PM

Enjoyed smiling back at her, Jen. Thanks much! Hang in there.

Barbara H. 01-16-2014 07:14 PM

Thank you for sharing. Sheila was so giving of herself. I will never forget her.
Barbara H.

suzan w 01-16-2014 10:02 PM

This is an amazing post. Loved seeing your Mom. Love it even more that she answered your call.

Jackie07 01-17-2014 04:17 AM

Thank you so much for sharing with us the wonderful video.

Adriana Mangus 01-18-2014 12:03 AM

Thank you so much! I always wanted to meet Sheila in person, living so far away it wasn't possible, but seeing her and listening to her voice it really made my day.

Thank you again for sharing your precious Mom's memories with us.

Adriana

KsGal 01-19-2014 02:52 AM

Everyone misses her so much. She was a wonderful woman, and the world is surely a bit dimmer without her sparkle here among us. Believe that your mom heard you asking for her, and this was her sign to you that she is still with you and watching over you and your family. Continued prayers to you and your family for peace and comfort.

rinaina 02-16-2014 01:15 PM

I think of Sheila so often and am so honored to have been able to meet her, only once, but that was all anyone needed to know what an amazing, strong, caring woman she was. She lived to support so many and made the diagnosis of Her2+ bc easier to understand and live with. She will forever be a part of me.

linn65 02-17-2014 07:11 AM

Awe. that was incredibly sweet!! An Angel in Heaven looking after you. You needed her and she came to you. Beautiful! I understand that I have done the samething needing my Grandma an Angel in heaven who loved me like no other.

Andrea Barnett Budin 02-17-2014 01:16 PM

YES! Jen, your Mom heard you. She will continue to speak to you through your Inner Voice (your Spirit/Soul).

Don't listen to the voice in your head. Listen to your heart, your gut, your instincts, your Inner Voice. It will guide you.

And it loves you more than you love yourself.

Thanks for sharing our Sheila LIVE! I got to feel her again...

LOVE,
ANDI

Mtngrl 02-20-2014 01:09 PM

Thank you, Jen. It was great to see her and hear her speak. I miss her too. She was a wonderful friend.

Andrea Barnett Budin 02-20-2014 04:47 PM

Sheila was a genuine human being. Full of fun and humor and wisdom.

I long admired her grit and positivity.

Loved that lady! Well, still do...