HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   SAD NEWS - Lolly has earned her wings (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34299)

StephN 06-10-2008 04:47 PM

SAD NEWS - Lolly has earned her wings

Dear Group -
Had a call this afternoon from Lolly's husband (the great looking guy she is hugging in her pic that shows with her posts). I am still in shock.

At 4:56 am Pacific time this morning, Lolly went to join her other HER2 sisters who she helped and comforted so much over the past years. Family and hubby by her side.

Hubby reported that she did complete the radiation, but the mets were too active to have much effect. The skin mets went deep and her breathing was affected. Earlier in May she went to the hospital rather suddenly feeling bad. She was stabilized and sent home on May 21 with oxygen and a morphine drip. Even though she could move around a little she was feeling too weak to get on the computer.

There was no hospice sent in as her amazing husband learned what to do for her and took off work to take care of his dear Lolly. How much love does this show??!!

"Her last days were exactly how she wanted them," I was told.

Her obituary will run in the Corvallis Gazette Times in a couple of days.

Lovely Lolly, we miss you, but you are doing other important work now.

chrisy 06-10-2008 04:52 PM

Oh my gosh. I am completely shocked, and saddened. Lolly has been a huge inspiration to me and to so many others. I will miss her so much.

Julie2 06-10-2008 04:56 PM

It is so shocking! She is the sweetest person I know, I can't believe what I just read and it is very disappointing.
I was hoping that she would be back on the board actively after the radiation. My heartfelt condolences to her husband and the family.

Julie

nitewind 06-10-2008 05:17 PM

I am so deeply sorry to hear this. She will be missed greatly. What a wonderful man she had in her husband, everyone should be so blessed. We've lost so many of our wonderful sisters lately, my heart goes out to all of their familes.

WomanofSteel 06-10-2008 05:21 PM

So very, very sorry to hear about Lolly. My condolences to her family and friends.

Patb 06-10-2008 05:34 PM

I just went Oh, No!! I had just read her last post I
guess about hurting her back. I will miss her kind
words and my heart goes out to her family.
God Bless.
patb

Joan M 06-10-2008 05:42 PM

Steph,

This really saddens me. Lolly will truly be missed. Her posts have been a source of inspiration.

My prayers go out to her family.

Joan

goops 06-10-2008 05:42 PM

This is so sad, my prayers are with her family and friends.

Barbara H. 06-10-2008 05:43 PM

Thinking of Lolly!

I am in complete shock. I didn't realize she was this sick. Her posts were uplifting and gave me hope when I first joined this group four years ago. I send my sincere condolences to her family. I am so sad that another member has earned her wings.
Barbara H.

kareneg 06-10-2008 05:55 PM

I am so heartbroken. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

caya 06-10-2008 05:55 PM

I am also in shock, I also did not realize how ill Lolly was. She was a great inspiration to me and I am sure many others here on the Her2 site.

She will be greatly missed, my prayers go out to her family.

all the best
caya

Yorkiegirl 06-10-2008 06:00 PM

Oh NOOOOO, I sit here crying over her loss. I am shocked as well.

Please let her family know they are in my prayers during this difficult time.

I always loved reading her post's, they were so full of information.

Donna 06-10-2008 06:05 PM

no, no, no, no, no!

I am so saddened by losing Lolly! My prayers are with her amazing husband and family. How lucky she was to have such love in her life. She was always, unfailingly a beacon of positive sunshine in her posts.

That's it - NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE! We have enough amazing angels helping us now - that's it! I mean it, don't anyone else leave - EVER!

I am in shock, this is just too many....too much.

Love to you all - love to our angels!

Donna

tammymarie1971 06-10-2008 06:16 PM

I can't believe this!!!!!!!!!!!My heart totally sank when I logged on and saw Steph's post!!! CRAP!!!!!
WE NEED A CURE!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Jo 06-10-2008 06:28 PM

I was so saddened to log on and see this news.

May God comfort and give Peace to all of Lolly's friends and family and also to us, Lolly's her2 family.

Peace and love......

Mary Jo

Becky 06-10-2008 06:39 PM

No, no, no - I can't take this blow.

Bill 06-10-2008 06:45 PM

I am just stunned, and crying. I, like others, had no idea Lolly was so ill. My prayers will go out to her and her wonderful husband and family. Lolly was such a sweetheart. She will be missed.

DonnaD 06-10-2008 06:49 PM

I am in shock, deeply saddened, and my heart is breaking. This sick feeling in my stomach will not go away.

Donna

Gerri 06-10-2008 06:49 PM

I'm numb. This is too much.

Lolly, we will miss you.

Mary Anne in TX 06-10-2008 07:15 PM

We miss you so much, sweet Lolly. Thank you lord for giving her such a wonderful husband and family. Heaven's gain is such a tremendous loss to us. Her sweet love and inspiration and knowledge will be so missed. It won't be the same without her input and "smiles". ma