HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Could use some prayers...I so need a break (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54245)

Sheila 05-04-2012 05:00 AM

Could use some prayers...I so need a break

Seriously, I felt radiation would be a big help, and it did releive the pain in the brachial plexis area of the shoulder/neck, but while doing the 30 treatments, and being off chemo, I now have new lumps and bumps appearing in the back of my neck, the opposite side and even in the front....

I was to start on Taxotere this week, but was unable to get treatment due to still having a small area of radiation burn that has not healed.

My CT scan I had 1 week ago showed another NEW area of concern in the axillary on the opposite site, and then of course I will have yet another scan to get an actual on all these new areas in the neck....was just hoping that while having the radiation, the other areas would have not grown....

Anxious to start the Taxotere and see if the Malignant Neoplasms of the skin and tissues (as the onc. calls these areas) can be controlled once again....I am truly running out of options and am NOT ready to let this disease win! I just dont understand why locol regional disease that is not what they consider systemic is so hard to control.

As always, when I feel frustrated or lost, I come here to all of you who understand...I would appreciate a few prayers and positive vibes right now.....I could sure use them.

Lien 05-04-2012 05:23 AM

Re: Could use some prayers...I so need a break

It must be very frustrating when these pesky cancer cells keep popping up. Have you discussed other options with your onc? Have you talked about revisiting other chemo's that worked before? Are there any trials you might qualify for?

As long as those cancer cells are not in your internal organs, that's still good news.

It has been a long struggle and you deserve a break. I am sending a message to your cancer cells to stop being such a nuisance or else!

Hugs to you, dear Sheila

Love

Jacqueline

caya 05-04-2012 06:26 AM

Dearest Sheila,

I can understand your frustration, you certainly deserve a break! But being the Warrior Woman you are, I know you will keep fighting!!

Sending you big warm hugs from Canada!

all the best
caya

AlaskaAngel 05-04-2012 06:54 AM

Sheila,

Your continuing determination is remarkable to say the least, after all you have been through. I think you would find walking over hot coals a stroll in the park in comparison.

I know nothing to recommend scientifically to you. Yet I wonder if some kind of major or complete suppression of inflammation would help.

Also, because I personally find Dr. Lisanti's work worth considering, I also just "wish" that using something like metformin would trigger massive (or even partial!) cancer cell death for you -- especially since it seems to be thought that metformin may offer the advantage of cell death for those pesky stem cells that chemotherapy seems not to be effective for.

Wishing isn't scientific. But I do wonder why metformin wouldn't at least help, along with some kind of anti-inflammatory, whether or not they would provide a huge benefit while waiting to restart your chosen treatment.

A.A.

Shobha 05-04-2012 08:45 AM

Dear Sheila,

Sending lots of prayers for a breakthrough that will give you good results. You have to been brave and resilient through out this battle and such an inspiration to me!

God bless you! Lots of good vibes and hugs.

-shobha

chrisy 05-04-2012 09:26 AM

Sheila, you know you are ALWAYS in my prayers. I was wondering about the "new" scan.
Hang in there sister.
Much much love,

Chris

ElaineM 05-04-2012 09:47 AM

Of course Sheila you got it. I will say a prayer for you.
I think Metformin mentioned by one of the other members is worth checking into. Good things have been written about it. You may also want to ask your doctor about a Tykerb/chemo combination beyond Tykerb and Xeloda. I have heard that some use Tykerb and Taxol or Abraxane or Tykerb and Ixempra or Tykerb and Navelbine. You may also want to go to www.clinicaltrials.gov and do a search on breast cancer skin and chest wall mets or breast cancer positive nodes. There may be other options available to you that both you and your doctor are not aware of at this time.
Hugs !! Take good care of yourself, keep putting one foot in front of the other and by all means try to stay positive.

NEDenise 05-04-2012 10:26 AM

Sheila,
Radiation burns suck...but when they postpone your chemo too...that just doesn't seem fair! You are in my prayers EVERY day, but rest assured that I'll be "chatting up" your need for a break today!

Just imagine the Lord saying, "Denise, sweetheart, I get it...Sheila needs a break...stop nagging! Remember, I love her waaaay more than you do! I'm on it!"

(I'm not sure if Jesus answers other people's prayers that way, but I think he must get tired of hearing me sometimes...so I think that's close to what he'd say :) )

Someone told me once that God loves us even more than our parents do...even more than we love our own children. If that's true (and I suspect it is) that's a LOT of lovin'! I know it's easier said than done, but if you try to remember that you're in His hands...and relax a little until your next chemo can start...I'm sure it would help your overall well-being. Try to let all of us who love you, and are inspired by you, support you for a while.

Sending hugs to you!
Denise

PS - love the new avatar photo!

jml 05-04-2012 10:51 AM

Oh Sheila:(
Sending you not only a few, but lots & lots of love, light & prayers.
I know you must be so frustrated and frightened right now. I hope they get you back on a treatment that will knock back that disease again.
Hang in there for Pertuzumab- hopefully only a month away.

Lean on us here to help ease your burden in any way we can~

Keep the Faith

Jessica

schoolteacher 05-04-2012 11:57 AM

Shelia,

You are in my prayers.

Amelia

chekmark 05-04-2012 12:17 PM

You got it, lots of prayers. I am at a loss for words but will definitely be praying. God Bless. Darlene

Sandra in GA 05-04-2012 12:51 PM

Shelia,
Prayers for you are being sent up.
Lots of hugs,
Sandra

Becky 05-04-2012 01:11 PM

Dear Sweet Friend

I am always thinking and praying for you. What a frustration this is for you - you deserve a break. Relax and heal. Maybe next week you can start the Taxotere and that will keep things in control for now. I love you Sheila.

sassy 05-04-2012 02:28 PM

Sheila,

Wish I could bop those lumps and bumps for you and give you the break you deserve. Got you in my prayers--praying for healing of burns, starting of treatment and zapping of mets.

Stay the strong woman you are and know we are all hear for you.

Joan M 05-04-2012 02:29 PM

Sheila,

I'm praying hard for you as always. That you'll start getting Taxotere soon. And also that the weeks will fly by for FDA approval of pertuzumab (or whatever they'll end up calling it). Hang in there. Hoping to see you again at one of the conferences.

Joan

dawny 05-04-2012 04:43 PM

Sheila, I really hope you do get that break, sending you good vibes
Dawn

Laurel 05-04-2012 05:43 PM

You got 'em, dear warrior woman! You really do deserve a break and I hope and will pray earnestly that you get that long over due respite. We aren't ready to let cancer win either!

Patty F 05-04-2012 06:40 PM

Sheila, Praying for you.

Mary Anne in TX 05-04-2012 06:50 PM

Love and prayers to you, Sheila.

chrisy 05-04-2012 07:51 PM

By the way, I forgot to mention, I love you. But you knew that.

Hang in there.