HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Report on TriciaK (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48684)

TriciaK 02-04-2011 07:01 PM

Report on TriciaK

I'd much rather post good news, but so much appreciate your thoughts and prayers, and I know the info we share on our treatments and reactions may be helpful to each other. I told you that my markers had started rising again after I couldn't use navelbine this summer. We tried just herceptin but the PET shows the right lung tumor growing again, so two weeks ago we tried gemzar. Had no problems that week, but last week, after the 2nd infusion, I broke out in a terrible allover rash. It looks like the worst case of measles and itches like crazy. I also wound up in the hospital for 4 days, very very weak and sick with pnuemonia as well. I have recovered a little with wonderful hospital and home health care, and next week the oncologist will decide if I can continue gemzar. I am on very high steroids, antibiotics and so on, plus they are watching my heart carefully. It is a setback, but I'm game to keep fighting! I'll keep posting as we learn what is next, and appreciate any experiences or suggestions from all you wonderful fellow warriors. Hugs, triciaK

Mary Jo 02-04-2011 07:26 PM

Re: Report on TriciaK

Hi Tricia,

I just love you and your awesome attitude! You are a survivor in every sense of the word.

I cannot offer you any suggestions for treatment but I can tell you that I pray God's incredible peace and love continue to surround you dear friend.

Love and gentle hugs,

Mary Jo

ammebarb 02-04-2011 08:54 PM

Tricia, I am so sorry to hear that you've had a difficult time. I too, am praying for your strength, health, and peace. Hope this set back is short lived and you are soon feeling well and continuing treatment.

Barb A.

Jean 02-04-2011 09:41 PM

Dear Tricia,
You are amazing!!!!
You must be related to the duracel pink bunny....

God Bless and please keep us posted.
Sending you healing prayers.
Jean

Gerri 02-04-2011 10:09 PM

Tricia,

You are one spunky lady! I admire your courage and strength and am in awe of your determination. I am sorry to hear of your setback and am wishing you better times as you fight on.

Take care,

BonnieR 02-04-2011 11:49 PM

I have always admired your grace under pressure and am sure you will weather this storm too. I am just sorry that you need to deal with it all. God bless and keep the faith.

michka 02-05-2011 12:23 AM

Tricia, I am so sorry you have to go through another storm. I admire your courage and attitude. I hope someone can share experience about Gemzar and that it is just a temporary reaction. I am keeping you in my thoughts. Hugs. Michka

KDR 02-05-2011 02:38 AM

Hope you overcome these nasty side affects soon and are up and running as soon as possible...

Trish 02-05-2011 03:07 AM

I'm afraid no suggestions but warm wishes and admiration for your great spirit. Thank you for letting us know, I had been thinking of you.
Trish

Pam P 02-05-2011 05:58 AM

Tricia - As you so kindly reminded me recently, 'this too shall pass'. May the symptoms subside soon so you can proceed with the gemzar and keep strong, You are such a strong woman and always uplifting, Thoughts and prayers are with you. Pam

krisvell 02-05-2011 07:29 AM

Tricia;
Rats; the darn cancer is fighting but you are stronger and will kill this beast.
I am sending prayers and best wishes your way.
Love and hugs,
Kris...

Delaney 02-05-2011 07:37 AM

Tricia, sending warm wishes your way, hopefully you will get over this setback. I am going on gemzar soon too. I wish you all the best with your treatment, you are one lovely lady!.

Mary L 02-05-2011 09:04 AM

Tricia, You are one of the bravest people I have ever seen. You have survived the horrible disease because you never give up. You are such a great example to all of us. I am praying for you and sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope you feel better soon. Mary L

Becky 02-05-2011 09:11 AM

I am visualizing great healing and recovery. You have strength beyond imagination and I am praying for you.

Good healing thoughts.

Ellie F 02-05-2011 09:17 AM

You are one brave lady. My prayers are with you.Seding positive healing intentions.

Love Ellie

tricia keegan 02-05-2011 09:29 AM

I'm so sorry to read of this setback Tricia and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. ((((hugs)))

Emelie B 02-05-2011 10:55 AM

You are such an inspiration to me. I am so sorry you have had this set back, but I am sending you positive thoughts for better days ahead.
Take care,
Emelie

Barbara H. 02-05-2011 01:15 PM

HI Tricia,
I am sending positive thoughts that you will heal and overcome this hurdle with your latest treatment. You continue to be an inspiration to us. I always look forward to your posts.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

Rich66 02-05-2011 05:22 PM

Sorry to hear all this. Is rash a known/common side effect of Gemzar? Did you happen to get anything administered with the Gemzar?

KirisMum 02-05-2011 06:05 PM

Hang in there, Tricia. You have all our love and prayers for a good fight.