HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The good with the bad.... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57836)

rinaina 04-16-2013 01:17 PM

The good with the bad....

I am so pleased to be celebrating my 7 yr cancerversary. Where has the time gone. Had a bit of a scare again with my mammogram last week which was followed by an ultrsound but all okay. This happened 2 yrs ago as well. Surgeon to follow up with exam in 3 mo. There is dense fibrous tissue and I am thrilled she is watching me so closely. I am also happy to share the news of the birth of my second grandchild. Jonah Eli named after my mother in law, who I loved, who passed away just weeks before he was born. Big sister, Sloane Rose likes him and wants to keep him! Such joy. On a sadder note, my sister, who also has Sjogren's Syndrome was diagnosed with a non hodgkins lymphoma called MALT lymphoma. Her pet scan results are not in but we are praying for it to come back clear and then finally know it is just localized in the mouth. This is a type of lymphoma Sjogren Patients are more prone to then the general population but with that said not exclusive to Sjogrens. If localized only then treatment with a monoclonal drug called rituxan, (not a chemo) will be given over 4 wks in form of intravenous. It only attaches itself to the bcell lymphocytes and doesn't kill good cells as chemo does. If not localized she will need chemo as well. Please pray for her and keep her in your positive thoughts. She is being treated and followed by my onc who I have the greatest confidence in. Thank you sisters.

KDR 04-16-2013 01:32 PM

Re: The good with the bad....

Rina,
Wishing you and your family the best possible outcome, and congratulations on your own freedom!
Love & Light,
Karen

tricia keegan 04-16-2013 04:23 PM

Huge congrats Raina and my friend had NHL seven years ago and is doing great and hope your sister does well too!

karen z 04-16-2013 05:33 PM

Rina,
Congratulations on your seven year mark (!) and my best wishes and prayers for your sister.
Take care.
karen z

CoolBreeze 04-16-2013 07:49 PM

I'm glad for you too. Congratulations!

Jackie07 04-17-2013 12:16 AM

Congratulations on your good result and new grandchild.

Please let your sister know that she's in our prayers. My Mother is a 15-year NHL survivor. She had the 'bad' type and went through surgery, chemo, and radiation. She will be celebrating her 90th birthday in five months.

tricia keegan 04-17-2013 04:26 PM

Huge congrats Rina and good thoughts for your sister too!

Tricia xx

Laurel 04-17-2013 05:49 PM

Wonderful news peppered with the worry and concern for your sister. i will pray, but I know she is going to do well because she has you in her corner! Continued blessings and good wishes for you and your wonderful, growing family!

Bill 04-17-2013 06:55 PM

Congratulations, Rina! I hope your sister is doing well. It's always good to see your smiling face. Congrats, also, on the birth of your grandchild. Enjoy those little moments. They grow up so fast!

caya 04-17-2013 07:20 PM

Congrats on your 7 year cancerversary Rina! and Mazel Tov on the birth of your grandson - love the kids' names.

Sending prayers for your sister.

all the best
caya

sassy 04-17-2013 07:46 PM

Congrats Rina! Hoping your sister receives good news.