HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Mighy Oak Update~August 10,2009 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40699)

Believe51 08-10-2009 12:29 AM

~Mighy Oak Update~August 10,2009

Well, he is still having some problems getting the tests done. Ed agreed to not get admitted and try these on his own because he was not assured that tests would take a day or two. We went for a brain MRI on Thursday and the person doing the procedure came out with him and said he cannot do the test. He was gasping for air and could not breathe, I can not say for sure this was an anxiety attack. This has happened at home several times but the added pressure of what is happening in the brain brings new worries. He was clammy and needed to sit for a while before leaving.

He has had boughts of confusion that are not always apparent to him. Of course he is not allowed to go anywhere without me. I am so worried about someone taking advantage. I must admit between the confusion and him being almost completely deaf, he just keeps getting cuter and cuter. His blood pressure is great, appetite so-so and he gained two pounds. The tumor markers have been cut more than half. I am so curious to find out if the Ixempra passed the BBB.

Our plans are to get these tests done and restart a new chemo. We have an appointment on Thursday with OncoMan to trudge forward. All in all, his attitude is that of calm. He started getting some headaches, mild ones but we cannot say why. Ed has some things to get in order and I know that this is bothering him. The more I watch this man the more I love him. He has not passed out since that day and balance is a tad better. The neuropathy is extreme and he walks in a very sad manner, he has a cane but does not need it for the house. I cannot express how skinny he is, it saddens me deeply.

My heart literally hurts as I try to stay strong and focused. I have been having issues with holding back tears and catching myself before I am totally in a funk. Our Granddaughter has been over and although Ed slept most of the day, he was content having a visit. She told me how I always cheer her up and that the more she knows me, the more she loves me. What is better than that? I was just about to fret about being jobless in RI's 12.4% unemployment rate and....

Rexin Rose called. She told me that she is about to go public. Rose told me she had formed her Board of Directors and was moving forward as planned. She also told me to take care of what I needed to take care of and love my husband. Today's call was to assure me of a secured job when I am ready. I can collect until first week of October before applying for extended benefits. I technically still have to look for work and let' face it, I took a huge hit in the pocket now that I am collecting, especially because I am taking taxes out. By the end of the year we are looking to hire a total of 200 people. Things are falling into place.

I know I have been distant lately. I feel like I am going insane at times. My migraines are back thanks to summer and my body is bad. The neck and back are in and out of service.

But he is still here and so am I. I do not want to miss a thing, a split second of loving him. I am still packing hope and Ed still has his battle armor on. We have just begun to fight, set back but not giving up. And I just wanted you all to know how better I feel talking to you this early am....hugs to all.>>Believe51

hermiracles 08-10-2009 03:37 AM

Re: ~Mighy Oak Update~August 10,2009

Hard & brave times Marie - for you & Ed. Much love to you both.
Blessings
Hermiracles

Pam P 08-10-2009 05:38 AM

Marie, my heart goes out to you and Ed. You are so brave and so loving. Ed is so lucky to have you by his side. I wish things were easier for you - like this horrible disease would just go away!!! - and I pray that you'll get some good news when you see the onc on Thursday.

Mary Jo 08-10-2009 05:45 AM

Hi Marie,

I was so happy to read your update this morning. My heart is always with you and Ed and I'm always wondering....what's going on.

Prayers continue..... as does love.

Gentle hugs,

Mary Jo

Carolyns 08-10-2009 06:30 AM

Hi Marie,

Thank you for taking the time to update us. You have many praying for you to have strength and comfort. I wish that we could make it all better.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn

'lizbeth 08-10-2009 07:01 AM

Marie,

It is good to hear news from you and Ed. He is still in the fight. I pray that the treatment has helped.

I'm so happy that you have a job waiting. Money woes on top of everything else is so stressful.

Thinking of you today.

juanita 08-10-2009 07:04 AM

love, hugs and prayers for both of you!

Mary Anne in TX 08-10-2009 07:23 AM

Marie, you and Ed are working so hard and fighting so bravely! But it surely must take your energy and hope and drag them around a bit. I think sometimes a good ol' cry is the bestest medicine of all. I watch movies and cry and cry sometimes...life is difficult and changing and stressful BUT also filled with adventure, love, challenges, excitement and the most glorious friends. You've got it all right now my girl and it's stretching you from hither and fro. Please accept our gifts of love, prayer, friendship and energy for you right now. You're one terrific rascal, Miss Marie! Love never fails....ma

Unregistered 08-10-2009 08:17 AM

Marie, thanks for the update. You and Ed have been on our minds. I feel like we are in a similar fight. Joy has lost so much weight, in so much pain, has no quality of life, yet we keep on fighting and getting through one day at a time. Sending hugs and much love your way. Take care of yourself! Love Jennifer and Joy

freyja 08-10-2009 10:01 AM

"All we need is love!" You and Ed are inspirations to me. You love so deep, fight so hard, and care so generously. You're doing great. You should be proud. Don't forget to do SOMETHING for yourself. Take at least an hour of your day to recharge yourself. I love you guys.

caya 08-10-2009 10:31 AM

Sweet Marie,

Sending positive thoughts, prayers and big hugs to you and Ed.

all the best
caya

Shobha 08-10-2009 11:24 AM

Marie and Ed, holding you both in my prayers and sending lots of love your way.

love,
shobha

suzan w 08-10-2009 11:49 AM

Hi Marie, and Ed...thank you for taking the time to update us this morning. I know what a struggle it must be to have to put things into words. You are an amazing woman, Marie, as is Ed an amazing man, to be going through this with such a positive attitude. Your Karma- meter is off the charts. Even though we have never really "met", I think of you two often during my day with love and hope. XO Suzan

schoolteacher 08-10-2009 12:15 PM

Marie and the Mighty Oak,

Glad to see your post. You both are in my prayers.

Amelia

chrisy 08-10-2009 01:01 PM

Marie,
You seem so weary - and of course with good reason. Yet you stand and keep going. You are so amazing, I am filled with gratitude that I am lucky enough to know you and love you and bear witness to your great love for Ed.

It is encouraging that Ed's tumor markers are continuing to decrease. That seems to be one of several tiny hopeful signs in your report. That you are "curious" about what's going on in the brain is a fair understatement I am sure. The next time Ed tries an MRI could you ask to be in the room with him? Just feeling your hand on his could be very calming.

Marie, you know that you and Ed are in my constant prayers, and you are one of my first waking thoughts every day. Take care of yourself, as well as Ed.

Much love
Chris

Diane H 08-10-2009 01:48 PM

Dear Marie, am deeply wishing for some sort of relief and comfort for you. Of course you must be exhausted from worry and stress. You are one of the strongest women I have ever known but even superwoman need physical and mental rest.
May tomorrow bring some encouragement to you and Ed.
Hugs, and prayers for you and Ed,
Diane

ammebarb 08-10-2009 03:21 PM

Hello Marie,
I'm so glad you were able to send an update....both you and Ed have been in my thoughts and in my prayers. Here's hoping that the Ixempra did pass the blood brain barrier and that tumor marker numbers continue to improve.

Good that there is a job available for when you are ready too....Sending much love to both of you.

Barb A.

Bill 08-10-2009 03:49 PM

Hi sweetheart! You and Ed are always in my thoughts and prayers. Like others have said, please try to take a little time out for yourself when you can. You need it to regroup. Love, Bill

tricia keegan 08-10-2009 04:30 PM

Marie, I don't have any advice but wanted to send huge hugs to you and please know you're both in my thoughts:) xx

It'll work out:)

sassy 08-10-2009 06:32 PM

Marie,

So glad to hear from you. Please know you and Ed are in my prayers and we are always here for you.