HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Remembering Linda (and Al from Canada) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28007)

mamacze 04-27-2007 09:17 PM

Remembering Linda (and Al from Canada)

I have been thinking about Al from Canada and when I touched base with him he shared that today is exactly one year since his beloved Linda has passed. I just wanted to share this important anniversary with our Her2 family, she was such a beautiful and well loved woman. The hours that Al spent researching treatments for Linda, he also so kindly shared with the rest of us. Thank you Al for your generous sharing, peace be with you and may Linda continue to be blessed with love for her cherished memories.
When his life calms down a bit, Al says he will be back in touch.
Kim from CT

chrislmelb 04-28-2007 05:11 PM

Thinking of you and your family AL.

anne2 04-28-2007 05:31 PM

Vetrans of the Her2 family

Thank you for reminding us of Linda. I too fondly remember Al's devotion. It is nice to remember her on this day. I hope that she is in a much better place.
Hugs,
Anne

Mary Anne in TX 04-28-2007 05:40 PM

God's multitude of blessings to Al and all the other Als who stand strong with their lady as she battles with all her might! Nothing blesses me more than seeing the love demonstrated through these hard times. Hats off to you Al and please be good to yourself just as you were to Linda who dances with heavenly angels now! ma

Jean 04-28-2007 05:51 PM

Kim,

Thank you for reminding us of this first year of Linda's passing.
I have often thought of her and Al this past year.
I hope that Al will visit with us and in the meantime I hope
he is able to enjoy some peace - this had to be a very difficult
year for him. He is such a good man and he and Linda will
always remain in my prayers.

Jean

RhondaH 04-30-2007 07:50 AM

BIGGG huggs

Al, it's been a rough year for you and your family. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Rhonda

Vanessa 04-30-2007 09:37 AM

I am thinking of you Al and wishing you peace.

al from Canada 04-30-2007 04:07 PM

from al

Thanks to all the courageous survivors who remember Linda's battle. Yes, it's been a year and no, the hurt doesn't fade. I have been reading the journal updates but haven't posted for a variety of reasons, none to do with anyone on the board. I find the pain to cancer too much to bear sometimes, and feeling all of you are part of my extended family, it got very painful. Linda's kids live with me, her daughter I am helping with her new (and successful) renovation business, her son, is in college becoming a chef, my son is becoming an accomplished musician, the grand daughter, and I am under constant pressure from the construction community to take-on new clients. In short, in order to get on with your life, family and sanity must come first. I do miss all of you greatly and hope my life calms down soon so I can help make a difference to this wonderful group.

Linda's resource centre was started this weekend and will be completed next weekend. After I assess the needs / shortfalls of our vision, I will looking for support, in terms of reference material, to help stock the new "hard copy" and digital library. The centre will be dedicated to Linda and will be called the "Linda E. Schmidt Patient Resource Centre". Linda's strength and giving was well known in our community and I only wish that she could be here now to see, first hand her kids' successes, and the support and respect her community has shown her. I will post pictures on the album pages soon when the centre is finished.

Love to all and thank you for thinking about us.
Al and kids.

Joy 04-30-2007 04:14 PM

Thinking of you and the kids and sending a lot of warmth your way.

TriciaK 04-30-2007 05:36 PM

It's so good to hear from you again, Al! Thanks, Mamacze, for sharing with us. We have all thought of you and Linda often, Al, and it sounds like you are now sharing all your love and abilities with your family and community. We all wish we could be there for the dedication of Linda's "memorial". What a wonderful way for everyone in the community to keep her---and you---in their thoughts and prayers. It will be a blessing for everyone. Best wishes, Tricia

Lolly 04-30-2007 06:06 PM

Al, thank you for the update and for sharing some of your inner thoughts and feelings. It's a tough old road, and you're doing a wonderful job of it.

<3 Lolly

Catherine 04-30-2007 08:50 PM

Hi Al,

Thank you for your family update. This web site is the very best, and so are you, Linda and your entire family.

All the best, Catherine

P.S. My grandmother was born in Collingwood, Ontario and I was lucky enough to visit Ontario 3 years ago.

StephN 04-30-2007 10:21 PM

Hey Al -

Wonderful to hear that the resource center is finally under way. That has been a major undertaking to pull all the threads together. Hearty congratulations for your persistance and hard headed work ethic!

Can't wait for the photos of the opening. Maybe Joe and crew can find some materials at ASCO in June that will be appropriate - like educational CD's and various literature. The Canadian equivalent of the US National Cancer Institute should have materials as well.

IRENE FROM TAMPA 05-01-2007 04:13 AM

Good to hear from you Al

You are always in our thoughts.

I am glad to hear that you have been busy with your family (good medicine).
They sound like a great group and proud of them you should be. I am sure that Linda is looking down upon you and seeing what a good job you are doing and they as well.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

You take care Al...and keep peeking in on us once in awhile. We would not want to lose contact with you.

RobinP 05-04-2007 02:06 AM

Al, I'm glad you are moving forward and getting on with life by keeping so busy with healthy minded activities. Wishing you the best.

Kim in CA 05-05-2007 11:05 PM

So very good to hear from you Al.

My very best wishes to you and your family.

Kim in CA