HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ***Attention ALL NEW Members/Lurkers*** (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32450)

RhondaH 02-01-2008 08:06 AM

***Attention ALL NEW Members/Lurkers***

I'm not one to "toot my own horn", but TODAY I am...it is my 3 year Cancerversary.When I was dx 2/1/05, I thought the END was near and ALL the information on "my type of cancer" was not hopeful in the least ( I was just WAITING for a recurrence). While I was "originally" not to get Herceptin, the day of my LAST chemo, the news came out about Herceptin and early stage so on my 1st follow up on 8/10/05, my onc told me he wanted me to get an echo and to plan to start Herceptin the next Thursday. I TOO don't post as much as I used to as 1. treatments are ALWAYS changing, 2. there is a lot of duplicate information, 3. there are "new" voices to be heard, but for ALL of you out there who don't comment much, PLEASE take this opportunity to update and post your signature so that the new people have 1 central link for "hope". Take care and God bless to you all.

Rhonda

Marlys 02-01-2008 08:23 AM

Dear RHonda,
Hooray!! Hooray!! Hooray!! My three years will be in March. I am so happy for you and all the rest of us who are surviving this disease. I am exactly like you in getting diagnosed at the time of the release of the great news about Herceptin. I was diagnosed 3/9/05, had a lumpectomy 4/13/05, and reoperated on 4/25/05, the date that the news was released. My onc did not think I would be getting Herceptin but by the time I had finished A/C he started me on it.
I also find it harder to post on the course of this disease since I seem to be doing so well. I remember we did a lot of talking about fingernails and the "crusties" in the early days. Oh, and the things we could do to improve our chances of being able to stay on the drug through the course of treatment... diet, COEnzyme Q10.
Anyway congratulations.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

Susan 02-01-2008 08:27 AM

Hi Rhonda: Congratulations! My 3 year will be this May, in some ways it seems like an eternity ago, and in other ways it's flown by, with all the doctor's appts. Everything is going great for me too!

Your fellow Michigander,
Sue

Mary Jo 02-01-2008 09:18 AM

So happy for Rhonda.....................

Oh Rhonda, I'm so happy for you. What a glorious day for you AND that beautiful son of yours. http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...cons/icon7.gif

I, too, am approaching my 3 year..................July for me. Ok, maybe I'm pushing it a bit BUT it will be here before I know it. Like the rest of you, I too felt death was imminent and never thought I'd be here NED for the past 2 1/2 years. Yes, there is hope and we her2neuer's have SO much to be thankful for as far as research for our disease goes.

So, yes, please update ............ it gives HOPE to us all.

Congrats again Rhonda AND the rest of you.

Mary Jo

caya 02-01-2008 09:46 AM

Congrats Rhonda H!! Love to hear this good news.

all the best
caya

P.S. It sure brings alot of hope to us all - I'm just over 1 year out.

lilyecuadorian 02-01-2008 09:53 AM

felicidades Rhonda ...I'm happy for you too !!! is a good thing to have nice news in this site !!

Yorkiegirl 02-01-2008 10:40 AM

YEAH Rhonda CONGRATS, great news.

I am coming up on my 3 years as well in March.

Looks there are alot of us that are celebrating NED.

BethC 02-01-2008 10:42 AM

Congratulations to you!!! It is so good to hear of so many people doing well!

Beth

Sherryg683 02-01-2008 11:30 AM

WAY TO GO!! Those years fly by don't they. It is 2 years for me now and I was already looking for burial plots. I'm beginning to think I can put that on hold for awhile now...lol. Go celebrate...sherryg

tricia keegan 02-01-2008 11:34 AM

Hi Rhonda and many congratulations on your anniversery, like marejo, mine falls in July and I can't wait to celebrate three whole year's!
My best wishes to you for a happy day and be sure to celebrate:)

Hazel Joyce 02-01-2008 12:07 PM

Happy cancerversary, Rhonda! Wishing you many years of NED and horn tooting!

Mary Anne in TX 02-01-2008 12:11 PM

I think that I will apply for a grant to fly the monthly celebrators to some festive location for dinner and celebration at some place that will pamper the cootie out of them! What great news we are hearing! Thanks for tuning in and letting us know! Love to all, ma

Lolly 02-01-2008 02:16 PM

Rhonda, we salute you and celebrate with you! You are such a caring person, and it really shows in your posts. Thanks for sharing the good news.

<3 Lolly

goops 02-01-2008 02:44 PM

Congratulations on your 3rd Cancerversary! It does help us new people see that there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

Karen W 02-01-2008 04:38 PM

Rhonda,

Congratulations! Wishing you many years of health and happiness.

Karen

Vanessa 02-01-2008 04:43 PM

CONGRATULATIONS on your 3 year cancerversary. May you stay NED forever.

sassy 02-01-2008 04:52 PM

Rhonda,

Congrats! I know the feeling--my three years will be on the 15th. I had not even been tested for HER2, until I saw the release on TV and asked if I was HER2 positive. I had just finished A/C, was tested and stepped right into Taxol/Herceptin.

We ARE the lucky ones!

Joanne S 02-01-2008 06:17 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_23_12.gif Congratulations Rhonda! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_21v.gif And many, many more! Jo

Bill 02-01-2008 06:31 PM

Congratulations, Rhonda!!!!!!! It's great to hear news such as yours. Keep on rollin'! Love, Bill

MPB 02-01-2008 08:57 PM

Rhonda---
Funny I am going on 13 years of being a BC Warrior and I still yell it from the roof top's! You go girl! Celbrate an d know we are all making this cancer a "liveable diease" not a death sentence. May all of my sister's stay strong!