HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   It's that time again... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57706)

Kellennea 04-02-2013 12:05 PM

It's that time again...

Boooooo to the "new normal"

Tomorrow I do an early morning blood draw for TMs and all that other good stuff, then it's upstairs for my 6 month mammogram/breast surgeon appointment with immediate results. Then I wait it out until Friday morning to meet with my Oncologist for my 4 month check-in with blood results and THEN I have movers coming to pick up my stuff and move me into my new place (first time EVER living alone).

Just a tad bit of stress and sadness. After spending the past 2.5 years fighting cancer and trying to get back to my life, my husband decided that he would prefer to not join me in that venture, our divorce was final at the end of February... So this is the first time I will be going to these appointments alone. So depressed.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the end of all of my bad juju and that this week brings good news. Prayers and good juju greatly appreciated :)

<3 Kelly

suzan w 04-02-2013 12:50 PM

Re: It's that time again...

Sending best wishes...you will ROCK!

europa 04-02-2013 01:01 PM

I'm with you on that one. I too became single during my journey. I started out going to every appointment and treatment with my ex and half way through did it on my own. By the end of my treatment I had visitors that would come to see me. I feel so blessed that the break up happened because I now have some incredible people in my life. And dating is actually turning out to be a little adventure as well.
We will all be there with you for your blood draw. If you have a smartphone, we could actually be right there as you are getting it done. :)

jaykay 04-02-2013 02:19 PM

Best wishes and good juju! You will do fine at both the move and the medical stuff. Think of all you've gone through and how strong you are.

On a personal note, I've always gone alone for my check-ups over the years, even when my husband was alive. Don't know why, just my preference. I guess if there was anything negative, I wanted to hear it by myself first.

Best

Janis

roz123 04-02-2013 04:41 PM

sending good great amazing juju's your way
I go to most of my follow-up appts by myself aswell - I think after all the cancer treatment my hubby is just so "done"
im sorry that you are going through a divorce but you seem like a strong person and this too shall get better and easier, it just takes time. I remember your pic -you are a beautiful woman, any guy would be lucky to have you!

Laurel 04-02-2013 05:28 PM

Well, you still have all of us..... ;) Good luck tomorrow. I think you are on your way to gettin' your grove back!

Becky 04-02-2013 06:58 PM

It is scary but you will do it and everything will be A-OK!!!

dawny 04-02-2013 09:22 PM

Kelly, so sorry to hear about what you have been going through. As if cancer isn't enough! I am sending you some good juju to you. I hope you have someone to help and support you through your move?
I have scans tomorrow, so some scanxiety too ! Here's to both of us!

Dawn xx

Paty 04-02-2013 09:43 PM

Kelly, my prayers are wih you. Wish you luck! We are all here for you! Even if it is in the distance. Hugs to you!

jra40 04-03-2013 07:29 AM

Sending hugs and prayers your way! I just went through my yearly mammogram and 4 month check up in March - I was shaking like a leaf and actually cried as I walked out of the mammogram office even after they said it was all clear. The fear will always be with us but we need to stay focused on a brighter future.

I'm sorry to hear about your divorce - he lost out on a great woman and there is someone out there that will be lucky to find you!

Mtngrl 04-03-2013 07:44 AM

Dear Kelly,

I'm sorry your husband bailed. That can be so painful. I hope you'll soon see it was for the best. Commitment is not incarceration. If someone doesn't really want to go along for the ride, there's no sense dragging him.

I know how hard it is to wait for results. Just tell yourself it's information. It is what it is. The tests let us know what to do next.

NEDenise 04-04-2013 05:51 AM

Kelly,
Sending you all the good juju my soul can muster! You are a strong, HEALTHY, and resilient woman. And...you're going to sail through all those tests, scans, and appointments.

Moving, on the other hand...my heart goes out to you. Packing it all...then having to unpack it again...I don't envy you that. But, having NEVER had the luxury of living alone...of that, my friend, I have to admit to being a little envious. No one else's clutter, socks, junk mail, dishes...that sounds better than a weekend in the Bahamas to me right about now. :) (Remember, I live with a man and two teenage boys!)

Please keep us posted on how things are going...you know how we worry
More love and good juju heading your way...
Denise

SusanN 04-07-2013 10:29 AM

Just started my journey Kelly, and walking through my own marriage at times can be lonely...JUST know I'm already sending up prayers...huge hugs to you!!

dawny 04-09-2013 07:51 PM

Hi Kelly

How are you going? Thinking of you

Dawn xx

Kellennea 04-10-2013 12:35 PM

Thanks sooooo much ladies! My mammogram was clear (although, I really hate they they always check the box "probably benign - No Cancer")

My Tumor Markers were also good - 18.3 & 2.4

It feels good to not have to start worrying about testing again until August & October :)

The move also went well, well as well as it could considering everything involved with it. Denise, I would trade with you anytime! Crazy, I know BUT living alone for the first time in 46 years/364 days is yucky. I feel like I am living in a hotel... it's super hard going from a house to a small two bedroom condo. Thank goodness for girlfriends!

You girls are AMAZING, I wish we all lived in the same state so we could get together in real life!

xxxx

k

NEDenise 04-11-2013 05:25 AM

OMG!
Could you be more gorgeous in that new avatar photo!??!
And all that inner glow shining through!!!

Unless every single available man in IL is BLIND, and STUPID...you are about to embark on a whole new chapter in that healthy life of yours!!! Make 'em work for it girl! You are sooooo worth it!!

With love...
Denise

Oh! And...congrats on all our great health news...but I have to admit...that wasn't a surprise...my gut had that covered! :)

Kellennea 04-11-2013 11:31 AM

Denise, you always make me smile. Thank you, and your gut too <3

jaykay 04-11-2013 12:24 PM

Have to agree with Denise - you look great!. Does your "46 years/364" mean it's your birthday today? If so - have a great one. If not - blame my incorrect deduction on my recovering chemo brain :-).

I think you'll find that living alone is a growing experience. Yes, it's quiet (sometimes too quiet).

Congrats on the clean checkup!

Janis

Kellennea 04-11-2013 12:37 PM

Thanks Janis! Yes... today is my (27th ha ha ha) Birthday :)

carlatte7 04-11-2013 02:42 PM

HappyBirthday! Glad you got good news!