HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Rhonda H Finishes Herceptin on Thursday (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24887)

Becky 08-08-2006 03:22 PM

Rhonda H Finishes Herceptin on Thursday

Hey Rhonda

I will be thinking of you on Thursday as you get your last Herceptin treatment.

Love, Becky

RhondaH 08-08-2006 06:05 PM

THANKS Becky!!!!

And it is with MIXED emotion (excited, but scared) that I finish. Ironically enough, the company I work for is the flagship sponsor for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk here in Grand Rapids and they have asked me to speak at the kickoff breakfast at Meijer Gardens on Thurs morning and the theme of my speech is Celebrating. Your time will be here soon too, you just have to make it to your 2 yr anniversary and then MANY MANY more anniversaries. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Jean 08-08-2006 06:30 PM

That a girl!

Rhonda,
Happy Finish Day!

So proud of you.....

God Bless,
Jean

mamacze 08-08-2006 07:12 PM

Dear Rhonda,
A full year, it is hard to believe you have zipped through a year already! I hope you treat yourself; and God willing, you will never have to deal with a reoccurance.
God bless you as you have been so inspirational to so many of us.
Love Kim from CT

Berta 08-08-2006 07:24 PM

Rhonda: Way to go!! I'm only 4 weeks ahead of you and I figure we've just passed a significant milestone! I guess that second anniversary will be another one. Good luck and God Bless! BERTA

RhondaH 08-09-2006 02:21 AM

Thank you everyone...

I TOO can't believe it's been a WHOLE year, but having this board and the people on it REALLY made the ride a lot easier. Yes Kim, I AM treating myself...Fri I have a FULL DAY appointment at the local day spa....ahhhh. Tonight I get my first haircut since my hair grew in (wait didn't I already have one of those when I was about 1yo:) Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

karenann 08-09-2006 08:55 AM

Rhonda,

Good for you. I just completed my year on, July 28th. It feels really good. Now I look forward to getting my port removed.

Karen

lexigirl 08-09-2006 09:04 AM

Congratulations on finishing your herceptin tx! That is so exciting! Enjoy your spa day!

Lexi

tousled1 08-09-2006 10:58 AM

Rhonda,

Congratulations on finishing your Herceptin. It must be a marvelous feeling and I can't wait until I'm there as well.

rinaina 08-09-2006 03:02 PM

Congratulations Rhonda. What an accomplishment. I look forward to a year from now when I will be done with Herceptin. I am starting on August 17. How did you tolerate Herceptin?

RobinP 08-09-2006 04:30 PM

Congratulations, Go Rhonda for a bright and cancer free future!!!!

chrisy 08-09-2006 06:06 PM

Congratulations

Rhonda,
I also wish for you a long and cancer-free life! But selfishly, I hope you will check back in from time to time - maybe on your anniversary dates - as I will really miss your posts. I always know you will have something thought provoking, encouraging, caring or humorous to say - all of your posts are "good medicine"

Wishing you ALL THE BEST
Chris

RhondaH 08-09-2006 06:39 PM

Thank you everyone...

Rinaina, I did fine. I was dizzy on and off for a while, but they did a brain ct and mri in January and everything was fine. My liver enzymes were up a little, but after temporarily switching me to every week for 3 weeks, doc said it was due to the Herceptin. I'm "fuzzy" kind of hard to explain, so can't wait to see if that subsides. Chris...I'm not going anywhere. In time I may not be around as often (keep telling myself to leave the computer alone, but this is addicting...I would like to cut it down to once a week), but I feel I (and EVERYONE) owe it to the "newcomers" who are looking for long time survival stories (as we ALL were/are) to update our profiles in courage and or signature at LEAST on our anniversary so that they can have the hope we were/are looking for. This is HOME and HOME is the nicest place I know. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Lolly 08-09-2006 06:58 PM

Rhonda, WAY TO GO!!! You've been a real veteran here, so totally understand the need to cut back on your computer time as I have to do the same from time to time what with family duties and just needing to get out and smell the roses more often! Looking forward to your occasional visits so you can fill us in on your "new normal"!

<3 Lolly

Susan Rankin 08-09-2006 08:13 PM

Hi Rhonda,

Congratulations on finishing Herceptin. I finished my Herceptin June 20 and doing very well. I decided to keep my port in five years since date of diagnosis, July 2004.

Take care and happy you are treating yourself to the spa.

Susan

rinaina 08-10-2006 07:46 AM

Rhonda, thank you for your response to my question about how you did with herceptin. As for your fuzziness, I do know what you mean I think because many times since starting chemo, I felt and still feel the same way. Oh Lord, does that mean I will be even more fuzzy while on Herceptin?

fitztwins 08-10-2006 08:42 AM

just in yesterday

Rhonda, I was just in yesterday for my 3 month check up after my last herceptin in May! It was weird to be gone for so long and come back. I got to see my nurse and got a big ole hug!

Congrats! Thank your nurse for 'sticking' it to you!

Janis