HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Chelee, how are you feeling and did you see a new surgeon in OC? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47022)

Cal-Gal 10-03-2010 08:50 PM

Chelee, how are you feeling and did you see a new surgeon in OC?

Checking in to see how you have been--and if you went to a new Dr?

Chelee 10-04-2010 01:13 AM

Re: Chelee, how are you feeling and did you see a new surgeon in OC?

Cal Gal,
Yes I did see a new breast surgeon in OC. I couldn't of been more pleased with him if I wanted too. He was great! I have a large seroma in my chest that causes me alot of discomfort/pain & I want it drained. I had it drained twice over 3 1/2 yrs ago and it was a relief...but eventually filled back up in time. This BS was awesome...such a nice guy....and best yet answered all my questions. He said there is no reason not to drain it...and if it fills back up within six months we will drain it again. Whatever it takes. :)

Thanks for checking on me...that's so nice of you.

Chelee

StephN 10-04-2010 10:19 AM

Dear Chelee -
I recall the problem you had before with that seroma. Glad you found someone to help with this again.

Where is "OC"?

Also, how are you doing with the treatment against your swollen nodes? Are you on Tykerb?

Hope your leg is not bothering you now, and that you healed well from the surgery.

Hugs to you.

Cal-Gal 10-04-2010 11:24 AM

OC is Orange County, CA---

Chelee--
Glad you found someone who you like!!!!

Now that you mention it, I had one of these---and I think you are the one that told me what it was!!!

Good luck---

Margerie 10-04-2010 12:19 PM

Thanks for the update Chelee~ and so glad you pursued another opinion. Best wishes and big hugs to you!

chrisy 10-04-2010 01:29 PM

Chelee,
Glad you found a doctor who you like and who listens to you!

sassy 10-04-2010 05:34 PM

Chelee,

You deserve a good doc and I'm glad you have found one. Hope things continue to improve for you all around!

Chelee 10-05-2010 09:47 PM

Thanks you guys. Now if I could only find an onc I got along with as well as this breast surgeon things would be great.

Steph, I'm only on Herceptin/Femara and I'm quit worried I should be doing more? Although the node that recurred in my rt axilla can't be felt anymore...seems to be gone? My last bx of femur showed I am now highly Er pos...so maybe the femara is working? We will be scanning soon. With my compromised lung function I always have to be careful. That's what makes me really angry about this TDM-1 issue. Some of us like myself...will not be able to handle all those toxic chemo's. I end up on oxygen each time...so we should be able to have the option of TDM-1..especially when stage IV. My heart sunk when I heard the news on TDM-1...even Dr. Slamon wanted me on that. I'm having lots of pain and I pray it's just the Femara and not cancer spreading all over.

Chelee