HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Neuropathy from Avastin - infusion #1 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59218)

dearjilly 10-05-2013 02:29 PM

Neuropathy from Avastin - infusion #1

Well, I wasn't expecting to write about this complication from my first Avastin infusion.
I had my first tx on Wed., and by Thursday morning I knew something was different.
Numbness and tingling in my right hand and lip.
Now, after a trip to the emerg to rule out bleeding, which they did..thank goodness, I have full neuropathy on the right side. I'm not sure what all of this means. I'd like to think that the avastin is already working and my brain necrosis is shrinking and some nerves just got in the way. I don't know.
I'm up to 16mg of dex over the weekend to see how it goes, so far it's still the same.
Hard to take care of a 2 and 4 year old, that's a bummer.....big time.
I just hope that some sort of sensation will return.
I thought the loss of right sided vision was enough to deal with, now this. Trying really hard to think that the Avastin is working, and I'm just going to have to deal with all of this in time.
There wasn't any surgery for me, so risky, too deep.
Trying to stay hopefully and optimistic over here.
I wanted this to be so smooth, but it seems that there is always a hurdle in this crappy cancer process.
Soooo....the good news. I'm alive and get to laugh with my kiddies everyday!!!
Thanks for listening, and supporting always my friends.
And of course Denise, thank you for your time and support. I'm thinking of you in Hawaii right now!!! It's going to be an awesome trip!
Jill xo

Jackie07 10-06-2013 11:10 AM

Re: Neuropathy from Avastin - infusion #1

Hi Jill,

There are probably quite a few threads on neuropathy here on the Board. I did find a thread on Avastin posted by 'lizbeth: http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...hlight=avastin

Enjoy your trip and congratulations again on getting married in April.

dearjilly 10-06-2013 12:01 PM

Thank you so much. xoxo I appreciate it all. Jill

JennyB 10-06-2013 05:16 PM

Jilly - I am so sorry this has happened after just one infusion - I really hope like you it is a weird reduction side effect?
I'm afraid I havent any advice just wanted you to know I care x

dearjilly 10-07-2013 03:40 PM

Thank you JennyB.
xoxo

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-07-2013 05:02 PM

Jilly,

I am right here with you. Beyond hoping. ASSUMING. (See A SIMPLE FORMULA FOR CHANGING THE FUTURE thread please.) Everything I want to say to you right now seems to be in there...

You did the right thing (emerg rm) and ruled out... Now move forward -- living AS IF what you want is already a reality. Why? Cause it is! You just have to have faith and step into it and live it. With tenacity! And love.

A 2 and 4 yr old? Oh my. How blessed. Joyful. Challenging under the best of circumstances. Marriage! Life's best is yours! I believe it. Sending my Love and healing Light,

Andi

KsGal 10-07-2013 10:00 PM

I can't imagine how hard it is to take care of your kids with your whole right side affected like that and the vision on that side as well. Im so sorry. Definitely not what you were expecting and certainly not what you were hoping for. Obviously, the Avastin is having an effect on things, and hopefully this is just a temporary situation letting you know, hey, Avastin is up there kicking things around. I'll pray for you and send lots of positive energy. When I meditate Im going to picture you healthy spending time with your children and husband. Keep the faith, we all have faith in you too.

dearjilly 10-11-2013 06:36 AM

Well Jackie, Jenny, Andi, and KsGal, Thank you thank you thank you!
I have some good news to share.
I had an urgent MRI and guess what!? after only one infusion, the avastin is working.
I couldn't believe how normal my brain looked.
The radiation oncologist looked at me and said, well good news....it looks like it's shrinking, the necrosis, that is. :)
We were all smiles.
They are holding off for a week, to see if I get any more sensation back in the hands and feet, leg....but the main thing is that it's working and I wanted to share will you. Thank you for prayers, meditation, positivity, getting back to me, helping me, love, healing light, kindness, etc. I appreciate it all.
I'm going back to hug my babies now.
Happy Thanksgiving and I'm thinking off all of you this weekend.
Much love, a BIG HUG from me to you. xoxoxo Jill

JennyB 10-11-2013 07:50 AM

YAY. So happy for you Jilly will sleep esp well tonight xx

NEDenise 10-11-2013 01:27 PM

So much to be thankful for!!!
Thanksgiving is my favorite day of the year! (ours isn't celebrated till next month... and this year it coincides with Hanukkah! Blessings upon blessings!!)

Here's to much more shrinkage, and far fewer SEs!
You go girl!
Much love... and thanks for knowing you!
Denise

dearjilly 10-12-2013 06:59 AM

Denise, I'm thankful for so much this weekend, and everyday. I'm thankful for you!

Much love to all of you!!!

Gobble gobble, even though the Tofurky won't say that.

CarolineC 10-12-2013 01:47 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, Jill. This weekend is a good opportunity to see all the blessings we have in our lives-hug your loved ones, I know I will be.

Mtngrl 10-13-2013 09:00 AM

Jill,

I'm so glad you got a great MRI, and that bleeding has been ruled out. Yes, much to be thankful for.

Praying, hoping, and envisioning with you!

Amy

dearjilly 10-13-2013 03:26 PM

Thank you Caroline and Amy for your kind and relaxing words of hope and blessings. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend to you. xoxo Jill much love

dearjilly 10-14-2013 10:22 AM

I mean.....Happy Canadian Thanksgiving from me to all of you!