HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Wow !! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30458)

Joe 10-10-2007 06:17 AM

Wow !!

Christine and I returned yesterday from our visit to Washington DC and the East Coast and wish to share with you the following emails:

From Dr. D. Rucker, Medical Director of Siemens:

Christine, Joe,
Thank you for the immense effort to travel cross country and help in getting the story on breast cancer diagnosis and treatment out. I think everyone was touched by your reflections on the journey life has brought to you and it was certainly helpful to share this with the DC audiences that often forget that budget decisions have human consequences.
With all best wishes,
Don

and another from Dr. Walter Carney:

Christine and Joe. Thank you very much for your time and effort at the Advamed meeting. From all reports you were very effective in your comments and I think the folks at Siemens saw the importance of what you are both doing. You have certainly been an inspiration for many people with and without breast cancer.
Secondly, I hope you and Joe as well as any of your HER-2/neu Support group will be my guests for dinner at the San Antonio breast cancer meeting if you have time. It is the least we can do for all you folks do for othersAgain, thank you very much

Walt

Last but certainlty not least. Our mail was overwhelmed with memorial contributions on behalf of Ann-Michelle Higgins (Shell) who recently passed away. The organization has received over 80 checks totaling several thousand dollars. Our group will be expanding our outreach program and intend to participate in many more meetings and seminars in 2008. This support will go a long way in helping us.

We will be posting details of Symposiums and intend to pay the entire expenses of members who volunteer to represent the HER2 Support Group at these events.

Hugs and Warmest Regards
Joe and Christine

Marlys 10-10-2007 06:46 AM

WOW is right!!!!!! Again thanks for all your great work and for this forum.
Love & hugs,
Marlys

DonnaD 10-10-2007 07:43 AM

Christine and Joe,
Welcome home. Once again I am overwhelmed at what you do for this group. Thank you so much. I hope you had time to enjoy family and friends.

What a tribute to Shell. I did not know her. I am sure she would be pleased with the response and your plans for the use of the generous donations.

God Bless you both!
Donna

Sheila 10-10-2007 07:47 AM

Christine and Joe
As always, thank you both for all you do for us....you have made a huge impact on many lives!

Carolyns 10-10-2007 07:52 AM

Joe and Christine -

Happy tears! Thank you so much for making a difference!

Carolyn

caya 10-10-2007 08:01 AM

Thanks from Canada too

I will add my WOW!! Joe to you and Christine.
You are truly an inspiration to us all. When I was dx in October 2006, this website was truly a G-dsend for me.

all the best
caya

mts 10-10-2007 08:42 AM

Joe and Christine,

You two are an awesome team !!!

Thankyou for all you.

Maria

RhondaH 10-10-2007 08:47 AM

This site is...

THE BEST!!!!

Rhonda

Jyber 10-10-2007 09:06 AM

Thank you SO much for your work, Joe & Christine. You will never know how many you have helped.

Re Shell, it turns out she lived very near me in PA. I only realized this when her name was shared on this forum and then I saw the article about her in our local paper which mentioned her request for donations to this group. What a strong and gracious lady she was!! Although I never knew her, I feel for the loss.

hutchibk 10-10-2007 09:11 AM

That is wonderful Joe and Christine. I look forward to dinner in San Antonio!

Shell had some amazing friends. She is in our hearts.

Donna 10-10-2007 09:22 AM

Thanks to you! Also, how can we let Shell's family know....

Dear Joe and Christine,

Thank you so very much for all you do on our behalf! You are amazing!

I was wondering if there is a way we can contact Shell's family to let them know how much she meant to us. I was so in awe of her accomplishments when I read the articles about her - this is a side of our family we don't usually get to see - until it's too late. Any ideas?

Thanks again, have a great day!

Donna

Mary Anne in TX 10-10-2007 09:41 AM

Amazing, truly amazing!
Amazing that Shell's friends not only respected and loved her, but they carried through with her wishes to show their love. I sure hope she's dancing in heaven as she watches!

And once again Christine, you and Joe, are rocking this ol' world of BC with your commitment, kindness and charm! Thank you ever so much for being exactly who you are and for blessing all of us!
Mary Anne

Mary Jo 10-10-2007 11:22 AM

It can't be said often enough - you two are definitely the best and thanks goes out from the bottom of my heart.

Mary Jo

jones7676 10-10-2007 01:21 PM

Great news, and thank you for all you do!

Gina 10-10-2007 02:19 PM

Congratulations!! Wish I had realized you were in my area

Hi, Joe, Hi, Christine...

That is FABULOUS..so sorry I missed catching up with you...sure our paths will cross again...

Best of luck for much continued success--no one deserves it more!!!

Gina

rinaina 10-10-2007 04:15 PM

Let me add my thanks to the many already given. I can't stop talking about both of you to everyone. It takes a special person or people to be this vested in helping others. Both of you truly are amazing. Thank you for all you do and have done for so many and for keeping her2 awareness a priority along with other bc.

With much admiration and respect,
Rina

Brenda_D 10-10-2007 04:27 PM

I really am glad there's someone out there speaking up for us. Kudos to Joe and Christine for a job well done.

Vanessa 10-10-2007 04:27 PM

Magnificant news! When is the luncheon in San Antonio?

Barbara H. 10-10-2007 04:46 PM

Thanks

This is certainly great news. My daughter is trying to donate to this website through her work and hopes they will accept it. It would be great if we could organize a get together somewhere near Boston in the northeast. Since I teach and have to have weekly treatments it is difficult for me to get away. Nevertheless, I would love to go to one of those meetings.
Barbara H.

sassy 10-10-2007 07:15 PM

can't say it enough

Thanks for all you do Christine and Joe!