HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   arbiraterone for ER negative? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56586)

fullofbeans 11-19-2012 07:09 PM

arbiraterone for ER negative?

Clever beans opinions welcome. one of my option is Arbiraterone a testosterone inhibitor as a phase 1

The only small result available obviously since it is a phase 1 is the following poster.. the poster says they tested ER-neg clients but the results says that the 2 positive response are from ER+ one.. (I am ER negative)

Does not sound great (nor does the title fit the abstract) .. Or the question Am I missing something???
http://www.asco.org/ASCOv2/Meetings/...ew&confID=102&
abstractID=79667

Friday I am having another stent put in this time for the tumours growing in my airway, when I lie down it sounds like I am snoring and I am very short of breath now and degrading fast.. I know it is not reasonable to expect much from a phase 1 but can't stop being human.

phil 11-19-2012 07:47 PM

Re: arbiraterone for ER negative?

i dont know much about fec, litt, tace, but what does your doc say about the use of gemzar, or navelbine ? both worked for agood while for Lorraine, esp herc/gemzar , 18 months . she didnt get far w/ tyk/xel. tried em twice. she had to go on harsh adria to get into t dm-1. would something harsh like adria, or a taxane again help get lung mets under control ? carbo combos ? just trying to help. praying for good decisions, quick response . God Bless.

Mandamoo 11-19-2012 08:24 PM

This looks like a study for ER positive or AR POSITIVE cancer that is no longer responding to endocrine therapy not ER neg. what about pertuzamab ? I'm sorry it's hard right now.

Lani 11-19-2012 10:02 PM

Has your tumor tested + for testosterone receptor?

Ellie F 11-20-2012 02:56 AM

Hi FOB
Sorry I have no info about the trial but just wanted to support what Phil has said. One of the problems we have here as you know is what drugs we can access. Gemara and navelbine are available with herceptin and I wondered if there was a reason why you didn't want to try one of them? It upsets me to read about your struggle and the new stent and I wondered if some chemo may help with shrinking this tumour?
As I said before if you venture for a second opinion to my part of the world I would be happy to offer you somewhere to stay.
Ellie

StephN 11-20-2012 11:42 AM

Will be thinking good thoughts for you on Friday while you get a procedure to help you breathe more comfortably.

Hope you can start a new treatment very soon after that.

fullofbeans 11-20-2012 11:46 AM

Yes Lani I have tested positive for AR and TP53 and no mutation for PIK3CA, PTEN,BRAF,PTEN

I know I could try another chemo such as eribulin or vinorelbine that I have not had but Ellie/Phil the reason is that I do not beleive it will work for long and not sure I want anymore chemo..maybe I am wrong to think that, sometimes I wonder but the thing is sometimes (and I am so sorry to think that way) but I think I rather not be there that live like that..sorry but I am on my own with my dog.

phil 11-20-2012 02:08 PM

I completely understand , it is your right to decide. Lorraine wanted to quit when on adria again, . But she knew it was a short term goal of getting cancer under control . see chrisys new post about stopping perjeta.
we have a friend who got a kick out of t dm-1 for about 9 months , then progressed 4 months ago approx. he went on herc/navelbine, was sick at first , then they lowered dose and he looks , feels good. riding that horse until something better comes along.

fullofbeans 11-20-2012 06:28 PM

Yes I am strting to give navelbine /herc some thought..

Nancy L 11-21-2012 02:18 AM

So sorry T-DM1 1did not work for you. Did you have any response at all? Just as an FYI, dr Slamon recommended navel give/herceptin for me if I was ubable to get in T-DM1 trial. I saw an 8 yr Stage IV patient on TV say UCLA put her on the testosterone inhibitor. Her name is Noreen Fraser. Sha has a foundation and a blog so you moght want to ask her via e-mail how it is working. Hope you find the magic combo soon.

Ellie F 11-21-2012 03:10 AM

Hi FOB
I totally understand how you feel about more chemo. It saddens me that we don't have more effective treatment to control this cancer. Guess I just wanted to try to encourage you to hang on.I remember Courtney had Gemzar I think twice and reported very few side effects and a good quality of life.
Ellie

Laurel 11-21-2012 05:17 PM

FOB, I know chemo is a hard-go, but I hope you give another protocol a try if for no other reason than we want you to stick around. Selfish, I know. I will pray from across the pond.

'lizbeth 11-21-2012 06:26 PM

Full of Beans,

Oh, I didn't realize what you are going through. Chemo sucks, but I hope you find a combination that gets these mets shrinking fast!

I don't have a clear answer. Is AR positive Androgen receptor positive?

Does this trial sound like it would be helpful for P53?

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01042535