HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Inflammatory Breast Cancer (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   just placed on hospice (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45556)

Carol.hope 06-20-2010 06:50 PM

Re: just placed on hospice

Charlotte,
You've been through so much, and you're still here! That doctor may have been feeling like a failure himself, but don't take him personally. You have such a strong spirit, so please find somebody who can be strong for you and let you cry if you need to, then pick yourself up and keep turning over those rocks! Lots of people here rooting for you!

love and good wishes to you,
Carol

Rich66 06-21-2010 11:31 AM

"That doctor may have been feeling like a failure himself"

That's an interesting perspective. I often wonder how oncs get by..probably putting up emotional barriers, compartmentalization, risk of burnout etc.

Bill 06-23-2010 04:10 PM

Hi Charlotte! You doing ok? Just wanted to say hi and let you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Bill

charlotte 06-23-2010 11:01 PM

Went back to the Onc. today .total waste of time. He speaks of not wanting to take the port out now... So it looks like like I'll keep this sucker for a while now.. I wish he would make up his mind now. now he says it would be "too dangerous" to try and remove it now.
I sometimes think these Drs. play mind games... He doesn't know , once I figure out the steps and "rules and regulations", I am a force to be paid attention too, and not just put on the shelf and forgotten .
I want to thank each and every one for your nice emails and words of encouragement. please remember me in your prayers. I hold each and every one of you in mine..
On a sad note, my dog died last night. They think he was food poisioned.. outlook doesn't look all that great.... I guess its not safe to let your dog out in the yard.
Charlotte

Faith in Him 06-24-2010 11:58 AM

Charlotte,

I am so sorry about your dog. I lost mine about a month ago.

You are due a break. I'm praying that things turn around quickly for you.

ElaineM 06-27-2010 09:19 PM

Hi,
I am sorry to hear about your dog.
Keep putting one foot in front of the other. Keep asking questions. Keep searching. Keep looking for another doctor. There has to be one out there who can help you without all the hype.
Take care.

Mary Anne in TX 06-28-2010 03:56 PM

Hi Charlotte! I hope today has been a good day for you. Losing your pal, your dog, had to be so very hard. I tell my little "fur person" that she has to promise to live to be 25 and out live me. She's such a blessing.
You are incredible, girl. Sending you prayers and love,
ma

Jackie07 06-28-2010 10:48 PM

Charlotte,

Just read all your recent postings. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings during this difficult time.

I'll post it here whenever I find the quote (the person who posted the quote) you were looking for.

We'll be praying for you.