HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   chemoembolization (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33708)

kareneg 04-23-2008 05:43 PM

chemoembolization

Has anyone had one or know someone who has. I am afraid this might be my last option. I have had two treatments of Carbo, Abraxane and Herceptin and since I started in March my tumor marker has gone up from 113 to 160 and today it's 257!. I am scared and don't know what to do my doctor mentioned this to me the visit before last and I wanted to know if it works it seems everything is failing me and fast. Please please any information will be appreciated. It's so hard to believe anything will help me at this point I feel horrible all the time and have been in and out of the hospital a few times these past few months I don't want to give up hope but it is so hard I am so sad right now.

I love you all!

Mary Jo 04-23-2008 06:25 PM

Hi Karen,

I know your looking for information on chemoembolization but I can't give you any. I only wanted to give you a cyber hug and to say that my prayers are with you. I also pray someone can give you the information you want.

Love you Karen...............and I'm wrapping you in prayer.

Mary Jo

Sheila 04-23-2008 06:30 PM

Karen
I feel your fear and your pain...but you must remember that many times when a new treatment begins, the tumor markers can go up...the cells are dying off at a very fast and heightened rate and are loading up in the bloodstream...most onc. don't get alarmed unless they see no leveling off after chemo has been given a chance to do its job...it seems early for that since you just started this new regimen. You are in my prayers and thoughts Karen, stay strong, remain positive...we are all with you in this fight. I am sure you will see an improvement soon.

Bill 04-23-2008 06:37 PM

Karen, you know you have always been in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I could help more. Love, Bill

kareneg 04-23-2008 06:40 PM

I did have two blood transfusions last Thursday di you think that would make my markers jump like that?

lOVE YOU ALL

Mary Anne in TX 04-23-2008 07:14 PM

Karen could you do Tykerb, Taxol, and Herceptin? There has to be a combo that is right for you. I'm believin' and praying for you. ma

caya 04-23-2008 07:28 PM

Karen,

I don't have any medical suggestions but I wanted you to know that I am thinking about your fight and praying that you will find the right combo. Remember that it always the darkest before the dawn.

I hope you feel better soon.

all the best
caya

sassy 04-23-2008 07:29 PM

Karen,

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please know we are all here for you. Hoping that the new treatment is just settling in and you will see the markers decreasing soon.

May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

AlaskaAngel 04-23-2008 07:34 PM

chemoembolization

Karen,

If you haven't, try doing a search on all forums for chemoembolization and read through the threads referencing it to see what you can find there. I know at least one person here has had very successful chemoembolization but may not be online frequently enough to catch your post yet.

AlaskaAngel

DonnaD 04-23-2008 08:02 PM

Karen,
I do not know anything about Chemoembolization, but I am sure you will get the answers you need from others here.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I will say a special prayer for you tonight as many others will also.

Take Shelia's words to heart. She is a very smart lady.
Stay strong. They just need to find the right piece to your puzzle.

Donna
I love your photo. So peaceful and beautiful.

hermiracles 04-24-2008 04:49 AM

Dear Karen - so very sorry you are going through this - I can hear your fear and sadness - feel for you sis - sending you love and prayers for healing and hoping more answers can come for you.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Blessings
Hermiracles

Becca 04-24-2008 04:25 PM

Karen, I understand how you are feeling--when you feel awful physically it is hard to stay positive. My situation is similar to yours in many ways, so I feel much empathy for you. Everyone here is thinking of you, cheering you on, praying for you. So keep your courage up dear sister. I just googled Chemoembolization and that gives info about it. Surely someone on this site has had it done or knows someone who has.

When will you have scans--maybe they will tell a different story than the markers. It does not look like you have tried gemzar or ixempra. So there are more options if needed. Keep us posted. We love you too.

Carolyns 04-24-2008 05:23 PM

Karen,

Ask your doctor about the jump in tumor marker numbers. I always heard that the markers jumped on this treatment. I have not asked about mine...head in the sand and need to know kind of mode I am in. Please ask your doctor.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn

kareneg 04-24-2008 08:21 PM

Hi,

I talked with the doctor today and he is very concerned about the tumor marker my marker has always been on the money. He also mentioned getting a cat scan next week and talking to one of the doctor's at Dana Farber Cancer Institute. And also taking Ixempra and looking into the chemoembolization. I am still so scared I have tried every drug except Avastin. Seems like everything is failing me. I will keep you all posted on what happens as soon as something does. Thanks again I love you all.

Love Karen

Faith in Him 04-24-2008 08:35 PM

Hi Karen,

Just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you and your next line of treatment.

Hugs,
Tonya

Bill 04-24-2008 08:42 PM

Sweet Karen, we all love you, too. You still have options, and I know you are a strong fighter and an experienced warrior. You need to stay strong. You are an awesome woman and an amazing woman. Our love and prayers are pouring out to you. Love and prayers, Bill

lilyecuadorian 04-24-2008 08:55 PM

My love and prayers are with you and you know this ....fight ...fight ..I think you hav a good Doc ..lets wait ..(I hate this wait thing ) I'm with you in this, I Love you ...I wish we can live close to you and give you a hug ....

Carolyns 04-24-2008 10:47 PM

Karen,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am praying so hard for you. You will find something that works.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn

Mary Anne in TX 04-25-2008 05:02 AM

Karen, I'll keep on prayin' til that special concoction is found for you! I know you're scared. I'd be too. But, I'm going to do something brave (not a clue what yet) today and send you the prayers of success. Please keep telling us what is happening and let us pray with you to victory. Much, much love, ma

Faith in Him 04-25-2008 02:02 PM

Hi Karen,

I just wanted to check on you too. I'm praying hard that the right treatment comes your way and that you may have some peace while it is being figured out. Stay strong.

Hugs,
Tonya